Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old ** Animal Kingdom Lodge? **

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
** Animal Kingdom Lodge? **

Okay So I am a Disney DVC member and next time I go to Disney we are trying Animal Kingdom Lodge.
For those of you that have been there I have a few questions...

1. What is the difference between the Savannah View and the Club Conncierge?
2. Is it worth it for one of those 2 views?
3. How close is it acutally to AK. Can you walk?
4. Is the Pool nice?

Thanks so Much!
XOXO,
Pink
Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
1. Savannah View is what is says, it's a room with a balcony and a view of the savannah. The Club Conncierge is the top level of the resort, they normally get nicer bigger rooms and you have a little buffet.(that's as much as I know, I have never stayed at the club conncierge)
2. I honestly don't think it's worth it, but you would have to talk to people who have stayed at teh connceirge level.
3. It's really close. I don't suggest you walking though. Their isn't a little path to walk to Animal Kingdom and if you walk their, their is a very large chance you will be run over by one of the buses.
4. The pool is wonderful. It is zero depth, has a pretty cool slide, heated, and it has a couple hot tubs if I remember right.

Wonderful choice, Animal Kingdom Lodge is by far my favorite resort on Disney property.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 AM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Though I have not stayed at DAKL, I am able to answer some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkglitter View Post
Okay So I am a Disney DVC member and next time I go to Disney we are trying Animal Kingdom Lodge.
For those of you that have been there I have a few questions...

Savannah view is pretty self-explanatory: a view of the savannah. However,from what I hear 95% of the hotel has these views, but don't quote me on it. "Club concierge" is the top floor of the hotel. It is more expensive than normal rooms. The club concierge has people that make reservations for you, and usually tables at restaurants are reserved for concierge guests. A draw for using concierge is that it has food out - for free- at mealtimes, including soda, cookies, hors de'oeurves (pretty sure I messed that up, for those who don't speak French or are unfamiliar with dining terms, its pronounoced or-durves) cereal and doughnouts, in the morning, you get the picture. In our family's opinion, definitely worth it.
Quote:
From what I hear, it definitely is.
Quote:
4. Is the Pool nice?
Quote:
It is very, very close to the Animal Kingdom - a short bus ride. You cannot walk there (officially at least.) However, the Animal Kingdom Lodge, like the Animal Kingdom, is very far from the other theme parks.

Like I said before, I have not stayed there, but I heard that the pool is huge. Go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge's Official Website and click on "Virtual Tour" for pictures of the pool. I do believe it has a water slide.

One benefit of the AKL is that it's a deluxe resort, but at the extreme end of the deluxe range. The lobby is beautiful, and includes many Hidden Mickeys. We ate at Boma, and it was uncomparable. You're very fortunate if you're going to stay there.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 01-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
1 and 2 idk
3.It is closer, but you cannot walk.
4. Very nice. It has a slide and everything!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Okay thanks everyone!
XOXO,
Pink
Old 01-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzietropics View Post
Though I have not stayed at DAKL, I am able to answer some of your questions.

[/B]Savannah view is pretty self-explanatory: a view of the savannah. However,from what I hear 95% of the hotel has these views, but don't quote me on it. "Club concierge" is the top floor of the hotel. It is more expensive than normal rooms. The club concierge has people that make reservations for you, and usually tables at restaurants are reserved for concierge guests. A draw for using concierge is that it has food out - for free- at mealtimes, including soda, cookies, hors de'oeurves (pretty sure I messed that up, for those who don't speak French or are unfamiliar with dining terms, its pronounoced or-durves) cereal and doughnouts, in the morning, you get the picture. In our family's opinion, definitely worth it.

From what I hear, it definitely is.
[B]
It is very, very close to the Animal Kingdom - a short bus ride. You cannot walk there (officially at least.) However, the Animal Kingdom Lodge, like the Animal Kingdom, is very far from the other theme parks.

Like I said before, I have not stayed there, but I heard that the pool is huge. Go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge's Official Website and click on "Virtual Tour" for pictures of the pool. I do believe it has a water slide.

One benefit of the AKL is that it's a deluxe resort, but at the extreme end of the deluxe range. The lobby is beautiful, and includes many Hidden Mickeys. We ate at Boma, and it was uncomparable. You're very fortunate if you're going to stay there.
95% of the rooms don't have savannah view. Their are several rooms that have parking lot view, pool view, no view(you have a wall, that's your veiw),and a view other views.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkglitter
Savannah view allows you to see a bunch of animals. The hotel is in the shape of a horseshoe and in the middle, there is an area for a bunch of African animals. I don't know about the Club Conncierge
Quote:
The Savannah view was incredible.
Quote:
There is no actual walkway to the Animal Kingdom but it is a short bus ride
Quote:
4. Is the Pool nice?
The pool is really nice and there are hot tubs

Add on: There is a buffet there that is simply incredible. It was the best food i have ever had at a hotel

Last edited by la4gator; 01-04-2009 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: quoting