Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Collector Items > Collector Items Archive

Collector Items Archive Collector Items Archive

Old Is Orange Haunted Mansion Organ Beta?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Silly Princess is covered with ConfettiSilly Princess is covered with ConfettiSilly Princess is covered with Confetti
New Sword in Stone Pin?

Has anyone pulled the sword out today and gotten a new pin?

Wondering due to the fact that last night I pulled the sword out twice, my son pulled it three times - and I've NEVER pulled it out before. My theory was that they're going to put out a new pin soon so it was easier to get - plus someone asked me today if there was a new pin while I was at the stone.

Let me know if you hear anything about it! Thanks!

*New Sig Coming Soon*
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
With the exception of the Hosts, there doesn't seem to be a lot of change or activity occurring on VMK right now. The NPC messages were stuck on the Nemo theme for 2 months, the magic word at the Blue Bayou hasn't been changed in 3 months, there have been no recent updates to the VMK Gallery, no additions to the Dictionary in over a month, and obviously, no newsletter in quite some time either. The fact that the pin hasn't changed at the Sword is just another indication of this lack of attention and upkeep.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
There probably isn't anything.. as this month is a total waste of time.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:33 PM
A Marker that is Orange

Orangemarker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
With the exception of the Hosts, there doesn't seem to be a lot of change or activity occurring on VMK right now. The NPC messages were stuck on the Nemo theme for 2 months, the magic word at the Blue Bayou hasn't been changed in 3 months, there have been no recent updates to the VMK Gallery, no additions to the Dictionary in over a month, and obviously, no newsletter in quite some time either. The fact that the pin hasn't changed at the Sword is just another indication of this lack of attention and upkeep.
Ah, but there is a reason. You'll be surprised at what one month can bring

Especially next month.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the memories!

BaldEagleBob is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangemarker View Post

Especially next month.
I hope so much that you are right. Hope for October is the only thing keeping me with VMK right now.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Registered+

lost_n_the_Clouds is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hello,

I to wonder about the lack of change with the npc's,the magic word,dictonary,sword in the stone,and the most obvious the newsletter,etc.
I am obivoiously guessing Yavn is either not in job,busy,on a adventure,problems at home, or just maybe forgot us lol. Either way it would just be nice for someone to say on the homepage hey Yavn is busy or whatever but nah just leave us to wonder lol.
Ok well back to the topic. I had tried many of times in the first month the matterhorn pull pin was out and then someone told me that about every 5 or 6 straight pulls in a row they got it so I tried that and out of the 6 pins on me the 2nd one got me a pin..I am sure I just got lucky but I was so excited. I rode once or twice more and hadn't gone to ride in weeks intill my mom finally pulled a pin after tons and tons of attempts and that was at the start of this month then a few weeks ago she started again and had pulled over 7 pins well I decided to try yesterday I went and got 6 1 use pins and then went and pulled..

1st try: Nothing
2nd try: Got a pin
3rd try: Nothing
4th try: Got a pin
5th try: Got a pin
6th try: Nothing

Well after getting those results I was quite shocked at all the pins I pulled out and wondered if something was up with that but honestly I am not sure if someone at the office can change it to give more pins out and if it really means there changing it. I also say this because my mom has now been trying for 3 days and hasn't been able to pull one out..so maybe it was just werid luck..or just pure hope that we get some change and update lol. But as always we must keep up the hope up somehow hehe.

Take care,
Dianne
Old 09-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
In answer to the original question.. yes, I managed to pull out two pins but both were still the Matterhorn pin. I won't say it was easier because after all the dud sword magics I have had lately I was due a win (it usually takes me at least 50-60 magics before I manage to pull). Here's hoping they change it soon
Old 09-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:

Especially next month.
Eh, next month doesn't excuse all the virtual dust gathering on the game. The Halloween decorations are already designed, and the costumes will probably include many re-releases. I'm not saying they're not working on anything, but I can't believe and don't believe that it's that difficult to change a magic word or swap out the NPC lines. Nor do I believe it would be a very laborious task to change a pin or add some words to the dictionary or write a quick newsletter consisting of "Hey, sorry guys, but I've been really busy with _______! I'll try to provide more detail as soon as possible!" I'm not asking for a lot here. Just an indication that they're still around and still care.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
winterislove:)

Mizz.C is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:

Especially next month.
I was thinking the same thing (and hoping of the same thing), but then again.. who knows anymore
Old 09-26-2007, 11:37 AM
DysLEFTic Southern Yankee
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

greenhpper has disabled reputation
Honestly,I believe the reason you are being more successful is due to less people riding and more people camping.

I think the sword program is set up to award the magic pin every so many rides over ALL the instances. Of the magic pins, every so many would pull the sword out. If there are very few people riding (especially during the events) then it would stand that you have a much much higher chance of getting the pin.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered+

Khaki_footed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
after i pulled the sword the first time i never got another sword pin after riding the rides. i've talked to other people who said you still receive sword pins after you've pulled the sword once. i got the small world pin when i pulled it and wondered why others had other pins after pulling it multiple times. that makes me kinda mad, it's not letting my try the sword again.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Silly Princess is covered with ConfettiSilly Princess is covered with ConfettiSilly Princess is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhpper View Post
Honestly,I believe the reason you are being more successful is due to less people riding and more people camping.

I think the sword program is set up to award the magic pin every so many rides over ALL the instances. Of the magic pins, every so many would pull the sword out. If there are very few people riding (especially during the events) then it would stand that you have a much much higher chance of getting the pin.
Hey that's a good thought, maybe that's it...something was definitely up that night though, as I've pulled numerous times since then and got nothing, same with my son. At least we got enough for us and a few friends, so I can't complain!

Next month is going to be fun, especially for any of you who are new and haven't seen the kingdom decorated. I'm hoping they'll have some new things thrown in too, cross your fingers everybody!

*New Sig Coming Soon*
Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Doom Da Di Doomie Doom

BrookStar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhpper View Post

Hmm, thats a good point, I think im going to bring my other account up to ride the rides.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:20 AM
VMK player since 9/10/05

LiberianGirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Staff must have recently made it even easier to get pins and pull the sword. I say this because I have pretty regularly rode the Fantasyland rides since they opened and have never gotten more than 5 pins in one day. I've also never been able to pull the sword in all this time... that is until yesterday. I rode the rides 15 times - got 15 pins - and pulled the sword twice! Or was I just really lucky for once? :h-tongue: I'm just glad I was able to get the Matterhorn pin since I really like that one over the previous sword pins.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Registered+

Khaki_footed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
woah, you get a pin after each ride?! i rode the other day and got a pin, rode twice more and didn't get another pin. i thought it was a one pin a day thing. i just started trying to pull the sword again after not getting a ride pin for months.