Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Behind The Sercrets of VMK's Closure!!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:06 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Behind The Sercrets of VMK's Closure!!!

Ok guys, you all been wondering how VMK closed. Well, what you should know is that the promotion was a total lie, and today, I am going to tell you the truth behind VMK's Closure.

Here it goes...

Well, the promotion I said started in 2005 and ended in 2006, it was called the Disneyland's 50th Year Promotion. VMK was made in May of 2005 during the promotion. Then in 2006, the year VMK was supposed to close because the promotion ended that same year. Sulake, the ppl behind VMK, gave them a extra 2 years if they pay a contract regarding VMK's Closure if they don't pay it. Disney agreed to the contract, and in 2008, they didn't pay. Eventually, not paying the contract meant the loss of VMK. VMK's Producers met in Finland to discuss a reconsideration of VMK's Closure. Sulake denied their request and reconsideration of returning VMK, so Disney was forced to take down VMK and it's site a few months after the loss. So what did Disney do?!? Well, that's what I will find out.

I known this for about 4 months and if I didn't tell you guys the truth behind it, you would not have realized that Sulake caused this and Disney as well. I am not lying about this, I have tons of proof regarding this and my word is my proof.

Well, in a few weeks, I will try finding information about Disney after the closure of VMK.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I am sorry, but can you please show your proof and sources? I want to believe you,but with all the rumors flying around its really hard to.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Keep Moving Foward~WaltD.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Dancing
Purplemysterystar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well I already know about the promotion and you might be right I agree with EtnaGreen though.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I would believe this, but there are too many rumors..
- acefredfred
Old 11-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Same thing with Green...

I hope you all have a great year! l I need a signature! l Thank you everyone!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Proof and source please! Anyways~ maybe VMK was exactly what they said. A promotion. Maybe we let the rumors lead us to believe it was coming back due to how much we want it. Just saying... Anyways~ I want it back.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 AM
(: peace && <3
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Born In Park Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
MzDiamondBubbles is as Frosty as a Snowman
ok first of all, im not trying to be mean. second, disney did NOT do what you said it did for the promotion, the real truth about the promotion is that yes disney kept the site up for 2 extre yrs and yes they took it down due to NOT paying for the site, but heres where u got it all wrong u see disney is not....disney did not....how do i put this? ill just tell u for real what happened, disney yes signed a contract stating they WOULD pay for this knew site called vmk, and yes it was a promotion for disney
50th year celebration, but the reason why they kept it around for two more years is beacuse they saw how many children and teenagers, and maybe even adults went on the site and played it, so they said maybe we should keep it around for one more year and see how many people would come and eventually yes MORE people showed up playing the site rateings show that over 5,000 kids played the site but they would only let 2000 in each day at 10:00. so after the year of 2007 they said we are makeing kids happy with this game so lets keep it around for one more year, thats where the trouble began disney forgot to pay for the 2007 version of vmk, and so they paid for the 2008 version, i dont know how disney could have made a mistake as big as one of there WORLD-WIDE sites but they did, so the company that they forgot to pay the vmk 2007 version was now paid of by the vmk 2008 version so the company said "hey they didn't pay the 2008 version." So they gave them until may of this year of 2008 to let them pay they still did not pay so they closed vmk. im trying to tell u right now disney and the company that disney signed off the vmk to closed vmk. disney refused to pay, so vmk's gates closed and all thanks to DISNEY
[/B]
Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Keep Moving Foward~WaltD.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Dancing
Purplemysterystar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Everybody makes mistakes! Also AHHHH!!!!! To many theries
Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: SaveVMK
DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Heeey, who needs proof, that story is the most likely in my opinion!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Well DocCalvin, theories need proof, otherwise they aren't too much of a theory. Ya see, without proof, you have no way to prove it. So~ I personally think if VMK is coming back it is in 2009-2010. And why would they want to if we just complaij all the time about it? Maybe we should NOT fight back.?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDiamondPirate View Post
ok first of all, im not trying to be mean. second, disney did NOT do what you said it did for the promotion, the real truth about the promotion is that yes disney kept the site up for 2 extre yrs and yes they took it down due to NOT paying for the site, but heres where u got it all wrong u see disney is not....disney did not....how do i put this? ill just tell u for real what happened, disney yes signed a contract stating they WOULD pay for this knew site called vmk, and yes it was a promotion for disney
50th year celebration, but the reason why they kept it around for two more years is beacuse they saw how many children and teenagers, and maybe even adults went on the site and played it, so they said maybe we should keep it around for one more year and see how many people would come and eventually yes MORE people showed up playing the site rateings show that over 5,000 kids played the site but they would only let 2000 in each day at 10:00. so after the year of 2007 they said we are makeing kids happy with this game so lets keep it around for one more year, thats where the trouble began disney forgot to pay for the 2007 version of vmk, and so they paid for the 2008 version, i dont know how disney could have made a mistake as big as one of there WORLD-WIDE sites but they did, so the company that they forgot to pay the vmk 2007 version was now paid of by the vmk 2008 version so the company said "hey they didn't pay the 2008 version." So they gave them until may of this year of 2008 to let them pay they still did not pay so they closed vmk. im trying to tell u right now disney and the company that disney signed off the vmk to closed vmk. disney refused to pay, so vmk's gates closed and all thanks to DISNEY
[/B]
Please show your sources. I am sorry but after all those rumors of vmk opening in October and people saying their uncle said it was going to open fiascos I am not believing it.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:08 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: SaveVMK
DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava View Post
Well DocCalvin, theories need proof, otherwise they aren't too much of a theory. Ya see, without proof, you have no way to prove it. So~ I personally think if VMK is coming back it is in 2009-2010. And why would they want to if we just complaij all the time about it? Maybe we should NOT fight back.?
Do you remember the reply from WDIG? It didn't say anything about promotions!

Quote:
We are overwhelmed by the responses and enthusiasm of our guests, but unfortunately our decision to eventually close VMK is set. We have explored many different options, including a pay to play model but have decided to focus more of our time on our new virtual worlds coming soon, which we are sure that you will love as much as VMK.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM
(: peace && <3
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Born In Park Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
MzDiamondBubbles is as Frosty as a Snowman
ill get ya proof...if i can find it
Old 11-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDiamondPirate View Post
ill get ya proof...if i can find it
I'm sorry if you don't find it most people will not believe you, without proof you story is just as reliable as the "my uncle said it was going to open on October 24" story.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
These are both half true. I dont wanna go in specifics, I dont wanna give out my proof, sorry, but im really tired and brain fried at the moment.