Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Cave Drawings

Cave Drawings Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars archive

Old Need help with Photoshop/Paintshop?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:49 PM
A.K.A..Alien or AB

Alienboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
no one need CS2 unless they know what they are doing...its the best top quality program for photo editing out, thats what grapic designers and animators use. So dont stress on not being able to get it

as for making sigs and avatars element and any paintshop is fine.... just post what you need to know

SleepyPiglet- to blend picstures is matter of using masks and layers...if you go to the insert or add on the menu of your program find add layer. Than you want to go to open and find the pic you want to add. On the right usually there is a layer planner...move the layers up and down and you will see other pics either go infront of behind. To blend as in fade into another picture you will need to change to opacity and make less so the other picture will be seen thru it. Any other questions just ask
Old 07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
SleepyRoo

SleepyPiglet is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks a lot AlienBoy! I'll keep practicing ^-^

Do you just add noise for glittering? I tried two different layers with two different settings, and when I went to Image Ready it didn't work
Old 07-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Heh o_o

Coopergirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i cant figure out how to upload an avatar from my computer painting thing! It's weird, it worked with the icon i have on but it won't work with any others.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Uh.. Cake!

Yummui is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Agreed with you AlienBoy, but if you don't try out PS CS2 in the first place, you will NOT get what you're doing either. Even if you use elements, its still different and CS2 has more features which are more complex.

But anyway, this is a nice thread to start.

- Yummui
Old 07-23-2006, 10:31 PM
A.K.A..Alien or AB

Alienboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyPiglet
Thanks a lot AlienBoy! I'll keep practicing ^-^

Do you just add noise for glittering? I tried two different layers with two different settings, and when I went to Image Ready it didn't work
^--- Noise isnt what you want to use, if you want glitter that is more advanced and alot more editing but if u just want background specks floating around just make dots...as for image ready you have to make slides, and on the settings ontop of where the layer panel is there are options of what color background you want and etc. you need to make them the same even if you are pasting a full picture or else it wont work properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman116
i cant figure out how to upload an avatar from my computer painting thing! It's weird, it worked with the icon i have on but it won't work with any others.
^--- You probally dont have it the right size, eg. i think the setting is 64x64 or the size of the avatar is too big as in kb. you might want to look at the properties of it and get back, im not totally sure what your getting at besided you cant get it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummui
Agreed with you AlienBoy, but if you don't try out PS CS2 in the first place, you will NOT get what you're doing either. Even if you use elements, its still different and CS2 has more features which are more complex.

But anyway, this is a nice thread to start.

- Yummui
^--- exactly to be honest im the type of person that learns with the best. So I went out and bought CS2 along with Studio8. I just not good at coding. Tho im not saying no one can learn like I have but its recommened that you learn lower and dont waste money and get mad and just give up. Element does have only certian features as in limited to what your able to do compared to CS2. Image editing is a bit confusing at times with the names of everything and the technical stuff. But thats why there is a help guide on the program and a reason i started this thread
Old 07-24-2006, 03:51 AM
Uh.. Cake!

Yummui is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah, Coding. @_@ I learned coding on my own during last summer for a week, but then in school they have made us use Macromedia Dreamweaver. Both are similar in ways but coding freehand has been easier for a lot of people. ( You should try it )

And yes its no point buying a full software if you don't know how to use it and end up giving up in the end. Its a waste of money basically. You can download a free trial at websites which is a 30 day trial period then test if you like it or not. ( Though, there are still ways of getting it free... no further comment on that lol )

- Sometimes the help programs just give you the basics and show you things you don't quite understand at first until you know WHERE to find tools to make the effects/blending/layers etc.

- Yummui