Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old VMK Re-opening?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Not really; this Forum is staying open until the last member leaves.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:18 AM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
he also said "See ya real soon" instead of "goodbye" meaning VMK would/will come back eventually. but for a time being it would be closed. not forever though.

-Stitchco
That's Mickey Mouse's way of saying goodbye.....

He's trying to keep his so called "Answer" to why VMK closed as Disney friendly as possible.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Also, our wonderful forum is not an official forum - I doubt the admins know any more about VMK's reopening than the rest of us...
Also, October is very close. Disney tends to announce whenever SOMETHING's coming quite some time in advance. I seriously doubt that, if it were to reopen, that it would reopen within the next month
Old 09-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Also, our wonderful forum is not an official forum - I doubt the admins know any more about VMK's reopening than the rest of us...
Also, October is very close. Disney tends to announce whenever SOMETHING's coming quite some time in advance. I seriously doubt that, if it were to reopen, that it would reopen within the next month

Thank you, I've been realizing that too.

They announce basicly ANYTHING that they are releasing in like a years advance.

They are putting in a MEGA CHANGE in Fantasyland in WDW, and the new changes won't be open until 2012.

Star Tours is also getting changed, It's been announced and confirmed. It won't re-open until 2011.

If VMK is coming out next month, we would have already heard about in like April.....
Old 09-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMayhem View Post
That's a good point.

Well, if we have to start over, there are only 5 things I want back.

1: My Account Name.
2: My Stitch Hat.
3: My Orange Typhoon Lagoon Shirt.
4: My Cowboy Boots.
5: For the game to be FREE.

But yes, I would love to play again.

But I don't think it's opening.....

Because if you close something so mega popular for such a stupid reason such as saying.

*Stupid quote by Yavn* "IT WAS ONLY A PROMOTION!"

That leads me to believe that we're not ever going to see it again.
I dont know, for me, if VMK came back, all I would want from it is to come back. Thats more than enough for me. Why would we be upset that we have to try to get our stuff again? Isn't that a small part of the fun of VMK? Didn't you ever want to start over in VMK?

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 09-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Well there's nothing to do but wait anyways.

Yeah, this forum is pretty tight, I don't see it going down anytime soon anymore. I give it credit :-P, it won't be done until the last couple members.

I think it's nice to have a little hope, so instead of shutting my mind down to the possibility of VMK re-opening, I keep an open mind about it.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:45 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebry View Post
I dont know, for me, if VMK came back, all I would want from it is to come back. Thats more than enough for me. Why would we be upset that we have to try to get our stuff again? Isn't that a small part of the fun of VMK? Didn't you ever want to start over in VMK?
Well, yes.

It was fun getting everything, but it's different from the first time you do it and the second.

The first time, your happy you got something and it was fun getting it.

The second time, it's just annoying since you already had all of your stuff but Disney decided to close the game so now you have to get everything you work hard to get ALL OVER AGAIN.....

It's like if your almost done defeating an impossible hard game and you haven't saved the game yet, and then somebody turns of your Xbox and then you have to do all of that work again FROM THE BEGGINING.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S LIKE!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:52 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Seriously, at this point in time the people that are still trying to get it to reopen are probably doing so for the friends and magic of it all. I doubt people are much concerned about items.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Awards Showcase

-.-

Ok.....

Sorry, a few quotes I wrote above did seem a little selfish....

But I didn't have many friends in VMK.....

And I just want my account name and my signature outfit back, Stitch hat, Typhoon Lagoon T-shirt, Cowboy Boots, Dark Blue Jeans.

But, I STILL SERVE A POINT AGAINST THE SO CALLED "REASON" OF THE GAME CLOSING!!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Well, yes.

It was fun getting everything, but it's different from the first time you do it and the second.

The second time, it's just annoying since you already had all of your stuff but Disney decided to close the game so now you have to get everything you work hard to get ALL OVER AGAIN.....

It's like if your almost done defeating an impossible hard game and you haven't saved the game yet, and then somebody turns of your Xbox and then you have to do all of that work again FROM THE BEGGINING.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S LIKE!
That's what happened to me! ;D
And I'm still not done with that game and it's the third time I've played the whole thing. xD
But I still say my friends are much more important than some items to me (:
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Well, yes.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S LIKE!
That happened to me while playing kingdom hearrs 358/2 in my computer class.... 5 minutes had passed since the bell rang to leave and i was still playing cause i was fighting a boss. i almost beat it but he turned it off XD
Old 09-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
themist is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Only time will tell...
Old 09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Actually I did see it recently. Yes, but I'm hoping it does come back. And bluedudeman is right. All I want is my friends back and it to be free. Most likely you will be able to get your names back.

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy
Old 09-25-2009, 12:33 AM
Don't Take My Love Away
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

MusicEllen is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I really hope VMK does re-open.
It would be great for all of us.
I'll still do research about it re-opening and I'll check the homepage too.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 4

starwolf97 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
october is right around the corner so i'll beleive it if i see it