Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Tim Burton is currently in pre-production on a new version of Alice In Wonderland for Disney, with principal photography set to begin in November. Burton's adaptation of Lewis Carroll's classic fantasy novel will reportedly be a mix of live-action and motion-capture elements and will be presented in Disney Digital 3-D. The screenplay is being written by Linda Woolverton, who also has writing credits on the Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, and uh.. the Teen Wolf animated series? So you know it has to be good.

The only cast member to be confirmed so far is the relatively unknown Australian actress, Mia Wasikowska, who has been chosen to play Alice. (Photos below.) Recently there have been rumors flying that Johnny Depp will play the Mad Hatter, but as of yet the only evidence comes in the form of a "reader's tip" on the Ain't It Cool News website -- not exactly what I'd call reliable. Of course, considering Burton and Depp's history together (Sweeney Todd, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands), it wouldn't come as a surprise. Nor would Helena Bonham Carter (Burton's fiancé) being cast as the Queen of Hearts.

In any event, it looks like we'll know for sure on March 5th, 2010, which is currently the movie's slated release date.

Check back for updates!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alice In Treatment.JPG (24.3 KB, 193 views)
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
ooh sounds awesome! alice in wonderland is one of my favorite disney classics!

~taylor
Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Why So Serious?

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
thundurga is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well htis should be interesting.
Here's my rule of thumb on movies in general. If a movie does not get much hype on its preview, such as Swing Vote, they are usually better than a most movies who get loads of hype, AKA Wall-E. Thats excludes movies like I am Legend, the recent Will Smith movie where he is a superhero, Batman Begins, etc. They are your usual hype builders with impressive results.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 08-05-2008 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: word filter
Old 08-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This movie is going to be epic. Maybe they will re-due the Alice in Wonderland Labrinth during Halloween to incorporate the sure fear which is bound to be intwined in this twisted tale.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 08-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Thanks Claw for the head's up. In general I like Burton's work so I will be anxious to see this film.

I wonder if he will not only use Depp (a regular of his actor's) but also use Danny Elfman to compose the music!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm excited yet kind of sad. When people say Alice In Wonderland most people immediately think of the classic, now they're going to think of the Tim Burton film . It better be good!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMarty View Post
Thanks Claw for the head's up. In general I like Burton's work so I will be anxious to see this film.

I wonder if he will not only use Depp (a regular of his actor's) but also use Danny Elfman to compose the music!
I heard somewhere that Danny Elfman is going to do the music. I awsume it's true.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
Oh darn! You beat me to posting this. Anyways I cannot explain how excited I am for this Burton film, I know it will live up to his other classic movies. Oh yes and you forgot to mention Corpse Bride for Carter and Depp.

And I will give you a hint for another upcoming Burton film.
Can anyone say Sparky?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Tip your hats...

BellHop is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamoreGal View Post
I'm excited yet kind of sad. When people say Alice In Wonderland most people immediately think of the classic, now they're going to think of the Tim Burton film .
Not necessarily.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Nothing.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Adventurous
ivanbyte9 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I actually think the classic is much better. The new one just seems too... blah. It might be good but not as good as the classical Alice In Wonderland.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamoreGal View Post
I'm excited yet kind of sad. When people say Alice In Wonderland most people immediately think of the classic, now they're going to think of the Tim Burton film . It better be good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellHop View Post
Not necessarily.
Case in point, when I think of a "Chocolate Factory" film, I think of Gene Wilder's "Willy Wonka" and not Freddie Highmore's "Charlie". I think it depends on what film resonates more with the viewer. I just hope Tim Burton and Depp (if he does indeed join the project) produce a better result than their last remake. I'm curious and excited about Alice's potential, but I'm definitely a little nervous, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar AEIOU View Post
Geez, how old is that Alice? Alice is suppossed to be 12.
Mia's actually 18, although to me she looks like she could pass for 15 or so. From what I've heard, the casting process was lengthy and wide-ranging, and I'm sure Tim's primary objective was finding someone who could most effectively tackle the part. While Alice runs into a large cast of characters on her journey, there's no question that she's the star of the show and the film will hinge on her performance. I don't mind her looking a bit older than the literature suggests as long as she pulls it off; especially since it might be weird to see a younger girl dealing with the darker perspective Tim is sure to bring to the story.

P.S. No child labor laws!

Last edited by GraspingClaw; 08-05-2008 at 08:12 AM..
Old 08-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
It sounds...okayish. I haven't been a very big fan of alice in wonderland let alone Timbourton's films,but I willl see it I guess. It's supposed to be out 2010? Isn't that a little late? Disney was able to film and edit hsm 3 in a matter of months, so this seems like an awfully long time for them to film and edit it.

Edit: 2,000 post!? What now?!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:25 AM
Shake your I funny!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Winner Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Neotenous
Deeda is spinning in a Cursed Storm
She's purdy

Tim Burton kind of freaks me out, though.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Isabel Cullen<3

My Mood: Cold
Queen.Isabel is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That sounds O.K. but idk... I think i like disney classics better , Although it would be nice if they made a Little Mermaid like that , My mum said i used to watch it 200000 times a day.lol...
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered+

Khaki_footed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Personally I'm excited to see it when they finish up. Mia is a really nice girl and talented as well. She's part of a movie i'm interning on right now, and she's been great at making every take work. No I can't put pictures up, legal contracts between our still photographer and the production company, and the locations people. Though the name of the movie is "I Hate To See That Evening Sun Go Down" starring Hal Holbrook, it's an indie film as well. check it out on the website for movie information, don't wanna cause trouble by listing the website.