Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Virtual Guides & Help Info

Virtual Guides & Help Info In here is a guide to all the aspects of VMK the game. NO SPOILERS

Old VMK Trading Card Game: FAQ's!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
VMK Trading Card Game: FAQ's!

I've read the directions and I'm still confused – can you just give me the basics of gameplay?

Gameplay Basics

The VMK Trading Card Game is a simple game of strategy that you could compare to Rock, Paper, Scissors with the basic goal of getting 10 points before your opponent does. Players are awarded a point for each turn they win.

"The Circle of Power"

Each player has a deck of cards to play with. Each card has four "Powers" – Community, Luck, Magic and Treasure. Each one of these Powers is more powerful than the next.

Starting in the upper left hand corner with Community, follow the "Circle of Power" around the card:
Community beats Luck.
Luck beats Magic.
Magic beats Treasure.
Treasure beats Community... and so on.

Playing the VMK Trading Card Game

As the round begins, two cards are dealt face up, one to you, one to your opponent. As soon as the cards are dealt you have 30 seconds to make your move. Select a Power (Community, Luck, Magic or Treasure) that you think can beat your opponents Power.
Rock, Paper, Scissors?

If you pick Community and your opponent picks Treasure, you will lose the round. Why? Because Treasure is more powerful than Community!
While there's more strategy involved to the game, the basic elements of game play are pretty simple.

Can you explain the numbers on the cards and the rest of the game?

A Higher Power

If your opponent has picked either the same Power you picked, or the Power diagonally across from the Power you picked then whoever has the highest Power (number) will win.
Let's take a look at a few examples:

Here both players picked the same Power - Luck. When this happens the highest Powered Luck (in this case, 7) wins.

Now let's look at a different example. Below the players picked Powers that are diagonally opposite of each other, when this happens the higher numbered Power wins the turn.

The player on the left picked Community with a power of 9. The player on the right picked Magic with a power of 4. Since 9 is more powerful than 4, the player on the left wins!

You are "trumped" when your opponent beats your Power. If you forget what "trumps" what, just follow the "Circle of Power!"

Treasure always trumps (beats) Community, so the player on the left wins.

Again, the strategy is to guess what your opponent will pick and then try to beat him by choosing the Power that will outrank the Power you think he will pick.

IMPORTANT: Remember that your opponent will be trying to predict your moves at the same time! He may think two or even three steps ahead of you.

What does "trumping" mean?
Trumping means to beat or outrank your opponents Power. In this game it means that certain Powers always beat certain other Powers. Luck always beats (or trumps) Magic, Magic trumps Treasure, Treasure trumps Community and Community trumps Luck and so on.

Who am I playing against?
Right now you're playing against the computer. Future versions of the game will allow you to play against other human opponents.

Why does my opponent get to pick their Power after I pick mine?
He doesn't. You're picking at the same time but his choice isn't revealed until you make your selection.

Do you have any more tips?
You need to be able to successfully predict what your opponent will do and then beat or "trump" that. If you keep in mind that your opponent is trying to beat you as well, it will help you guess what he is ultimately going to do.

TIP: The computer thinks that the best way to beat a high power number is to trump it.

Why can't I pause the game?
The VMK Trading Card Game is a fast-paced action game that requires you make quick decisions, so there is no way to pause the game.

Can I use my VMK character/avatar to play?
You can't use your VMK character in this game but you can change the look of the character you play VMKTCG: Basic with. There are 9 different characters to choose from, just click on the Trophy Button to change the character.

Why aren't all the options available for this game yet?
This is the BASIC version of a game, a test version. The final game is still being polished, but we released a BASIC version so you can get a sneak peek at the game and learn the basics of game play. Even though all the features aren't available yet, the VMK Trading Card Game is still lots of fun.

What will the full version of the game be able to do?
In the full version you'll be able to accumulate points, play against other people, and unlock cool prizes (plus much more)!

Will there be real VMK Trading Cards? Where can I get them? Will these cards ever be available in the Parks?
Right now all we can say is that this is just the start of something much cooler. Keep checking VMK.com for more details.

Will these items or outfits ever be available in VMK?
Again, at this point all we can say is this is just the beginning of some very cool new VMK stuff. The VMK Newsletter is the official source for future information about the VMKTCG or anything else related to VMK, be sure to check the Newsletter often for announcements – but for now enjoy the game!
Old 08-18-2007, 01:00 AM
WDW Tours Provided Daily!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Stunt is floating through Inner Space
Wait till the final power play comes out, it sounds really confusing.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Great info from the newsletter! I can't wait to see the rest of the game, especially the unlocking cool prizes and the beginning of cool VMK stuff parts.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Bizzlebits Haha
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
Baconbits is floating through Inner Space
thanks ink great information : )
Old 08-18-2007, 01:58 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Thanks for the info, Ink! As usual:
When in doubt, ask ink or Neoteny
Old 08-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Secrets of the VMK member

My Mood: Bouncy
LaurenThePrincess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
why can't you get prizes yet?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenThePrincess View Post
why can't you get prizes yet?
There are no prizes being given in this Basic version of the game. Yavn said look for the new game with more advanced rules to come out in the fall.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:04 AM
inferno princess

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
inferno princess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, slinyman..
You kinda have to guess, its the fastest way LOL
OR you can search up help, and than its says like magic=Luck.It doesnt really mean that, just an example
Have Fun and Gl
Old 08-22-2007, 01:24 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
wow great info slinkyman!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:34 AM
@_@

Glowaslan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wo.... nice info, i have a question, how come the TCG game doesn't have in game codes for winning?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowaslan View Post
wo.... nice info, i have a question, how come the TCG game doesn't have in game codes for winning?
Let me refer to my post earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisSch
There are no prizes being given in this Basic version of the game. Yavn said look for the new game with more advanced rules to come out in the fall.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:44 PM
cuteskaterflip
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

sdkfrachel is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I can't wait until the full version comes out because i want to actually earn prizes and other stuff!!