Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Collector Items

Collector Items Information about the special items found in VMK, the pins, badges, clothes, furniture, etc. Formerly Items, Badges, Spells, Pins, Furniture, Clothes, etc. forum

Old The Hannah Montana and Twitches Too pins are nice, but...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:54 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
What happened to the classic cartoons, the old Disney movies, the Disneyland shows with your host, Walt Disney?
Now available on DVD, and highly recommended. I watch them with my little girl, and she loves them. Only problem is I think she might be developing a crush on Tim Considine.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:08 PM
The magic is dying
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Musical
Lidia_vmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Now available on DVD, and highly recommended. I watch them with my little girl, and she loves them. Only problem is I think she might be developing a crush on Tim Considine.
oh brother he meant nice classics of 2day with hosts like WD. lol u sound like a commercial !
Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I must say I don't watch any of those shows

In my opinion I think Hannah Montana and Twitches Too are more made for girls.
Also Have you noticed how young stars turn into the worst adults?
Cartoons don't have any of the news drama. You never saw Mickey Mouse making the news everyday because they did something illeagle or something else.
All Im saying is that VMK should have more classic disney characters amd more popular movies in VMK
Old 02-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
I own all but one of the Disney Treasures, (Swamp Fox, if you were wondering) and it is great to have them available for purchase, but they should also be broadcast for free to a wide audience. That's the only way they're gonna hook younger generations who will grow up to spend money on the stuff. Have a little foresight, Disney. It's not all about the here and now, as I highly doubt anyone will be dropping paychecks on a remastered collection of Hannah Montanna 50 years from now.. at least I hope not.

As for your crush on Tim Considine, rest easy. What happens way out there on the Triple R, stays way out there on the Triple R.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Are kids today not into cute puppies and jazzy cats? To what has this world come?!
I dont get why they have hannha montana and twitches and no guy movies. When I was little I loved aristocats, and when my brother and I saw the commercial for the air buddies movie we thought it looked hilarious. Yes were one of the very few kids at our school who still watch every disney movie ever made. I think these would work out much better than hannah montana quest. Although I am allergic to cats I am into jazzy cats and cute puppies, and I am sure pretty much everyone else is also(not allergic, into the cats and pupies).
Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Zero, 1, 10, 100, Zero..
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

leowy ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Yes, but for some reason the new shows are filled with corney drama.

I hate it.

just, go back to the old disney, please!

Save us the "Breaking News" of a bad role model.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I dont get why they have hannha montana and twitches and no guy movies.
I guess because the tween girl market is a power house. It's all based on marketing strategies and money. Girls are more prone to making emotional connections with their entertainment and many of them certainly like to accessorize. We could go a little deeper here and pose the theory that girls are also more concerned with status and competing in terms of material goods, but I don't want to get in trouble.

Maybe it has something to do with why Hollywood regurgitates the same unoriginal and tedious chick-flick every few months. For whatever reason, there exists a market for those types of movies and a large one at that. Really, the same could be said about brainless action movies and lame buddy flicks. America likes re-runs. For further proof, consider that a big sloppy parody was number one at the box office last week. I don't know why more people aren't naturally drawn to more unique and challenging material, but I do know that they can appreciate it. Walt made some popcorn stuff in his time, but he was always trying to push the boundaries in some respect, and often showed the public what they didn't realize they wanted. He was a courageous risk-taker and gave his audience (especially children) the benefit of the doubt when it came to introducing original, innovative, and dare I say, educational entertainment. In other words, he was nothing like most studio heads today. I just wish the Disney company tried harder to keep that spirit alive and offered a little more substance in their current and future projects.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:22 PM
maybe were just crazy;

Crazy.Maddie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
honestly/
iii thought
VMK was about
cartoons?
ehhh?
[:
Old 02-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
I guess because the tween girl market is a power house. It's all based on marketing strategies and money. Girls are more prone to making emotional connections with their entertainment and many of them certainly like to accessorize. We could go a little deeper here and pose the theory that girls are also more concerned with status and competing in terms of material goods, but I don't want to get in trouble.

Maybe it has something to do with why Hollywood regurgitates the same unoriginal and tedious chick-flick every few months. For whatever reason, there exists a market for those types of movies and a large one at that. Really, the same could be said about brainless action movies and lame buddy flicks. America likes re-runs. For further proof, consider that a big sloppy parody was number one at the box office last week. I don't know why more people aren't naturally drawn to more unique and challenging material, but I do know that they can appreciate it. Walt made some popcorn stuff in his time, but he was always trying to push the boundaries in some respect, and often showed the public what they didn't realize they wanted. He was a courageous risk-taker and gave his audience (especially children) the benefit of the doubt when it came to introducing original, innovative, and dare I say, educational entertainment. In other words, he was nothing like most studio heads today. I just wish the Disney company tried harder to keep that spirit alive and offered a little more substance in their current and future projects.
Thanks for that informative post, but you kind of misunderstood me. What I meant was their was absolutely no new guy quests, except for the very few guys who like hannha and twitches.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Thanks for that informative post, but you kind of misunderstood me. What I meant was their was absolutely no new guy quests, except for the very few guys who like hannha and twitches.
Well, I did go a bit further than simply responding to your question, but the first part of it may explain why there aren't more "guy" movies. And if they aren't making "guy" movies to promote, you won't see "guy" quests with "guy" prizes, because VMK is, first and foremost, a marketing device.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

2starTagregory is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Are kids today not into cute puppies and jazzy cats? To what has this world come?!

Yea!
What is this world,