Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Collectibles

Disney Collectibles Check out my Disney collections!

Old The Florida Project Report

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The Florida Project Report

Recently this year, Walt Disney World hosted a pin and vinylmation event from Sept. 9 - 11 called The Florida Project which was themed towards celebrating 40 years of WDW magic by taking you back in time to the preview center for WDW before those magical gates opened. As I was able to attend I thought it might be nice to give a report on how it went and what it was like so you may yourself decide if you really would want to do something like this.

The first thing is what are you getting for your money:
  • First opportunity to pre-purchase limited edition pins designed especially for this event.
  • "Purchase with Purchase" pin promotion featuring exclusive pins for event Guests only.
  • Trading activities and games in World ShowPlace located at Epcot®.
  • Limited edition commemorative gifts, including an event tee-shirt*
  • Silent Auction of pre-production pins, artist proof pins and more.
  • Opportunity to trade for specially designed pins for Disney Trade Celebration 2011 - The Florida Project.
  • Meet Disney Pin Product Developers and Disney Artists from The Walt Disney Company.
  • Two (2) $15 Gift Cards redeemable at Epcot® Food and Beverage locations.
  • Plus extra special surprises throughout the event.

Plus if you book early you get a special limited edition early bird pin, and a special discount off.

And now for how it works out each day:

Sept. 8 - Early Registration

On this day, my group and I arrived at Coranado Springs Resort where the early bird registration day is held. We arrived early so we would be able to get in line quickly and be one of the first to pick up our "event ids." When the doors finally opened we where the able to get the last cast member who would help us get our credentials (ids), everything we had already bought, and our other special merchandise. After going through everything we had, we went to the other side of the room where we able to pin trade from 12 noon until about 6/7 ( i can't remember xD) and then they open the doors to those who do not have their credentials yet or are not attending the pin event so they may trade as well. There are many tables and chairs where you can set your pin books, etc. to set up and trade with others too.

Sept. 9 - Day 1

My group and I arrived very early in the morning for we were attending the breakfast buffet which costs extra but you also get a chance to get at the pin boards early and get a limited edition pin as well. We found it was good that we got to do pin trading at the boards for they were all open for us, but the buffet was not good what so ever in our opinions (especially the melted orange ice cream ). At 9:30 A.M. the doors opened for all others who were attending the event, and soon enough the lines for the boards were crowded, and the pin trading chaos began. They had pins that would be coming out later this year and into next year for display from WDW and DLR to DLRP and Tokyo Disneyland, and also the vinylmation sneak peaks. In another part of the room pin trading amongst other was popular but not as popular as the pin boards where you could trade any 2 of your pins for 2 that where on the board, which could be LE pins (limited edition), AP (artist proof), PP (pre-production), or P (proto-type) pins, and then get back into any of the lines and do it over again. Every 30-45 minutes they would "refresh" the boards with brand new pins. It is very exciting and thrilling to be part of this and the best part is: there is still more to come.

-With more to come later, Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Wow, it sounds like they have changed/improved the pin events quite a bit. You made it sound like so much fun that I want to go now.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Wow, it sounds like they have changed/improved the pin events quite a bit. You made it sound like so much fun that I want to go now.
It really was amazing, and if you can go it is worth the time!

-Stitchco who will finish this report by the end of the week
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 01-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I've never been to any event ever in Disney. I just do Disney. I'd like to do an event one day.