Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old I don't get it.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Disney funded vmk,owned the domain,copyrights,etc. without Disney their wouldn't have been a vmk.

We don't know that, nobody knows that. Disney wasn't the only company that worked on vmk. Maybe it could have been created without disney. Maybe it wouldn't be exactly the same, but it would still be vmk.
haaaapppyy new yearr:]
Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
This is probably pretty after-the-fact, considering the absolute lack of activity on the Save VMK front, but...

This eleven year old kid fought for something he believed in on his own, and won. What's wrong with you guys?
LordIllidan, tell me your plan to save our game, you seem to be the " captain " when it comes to Save VMK. So please, tell me what you need me to do and I will do my best to get it done, Im sure at least a 100 or so would agree with me on this nowadays.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
music+skating=kelly.o

My Mood: Confused
kelly.o is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
I don't get why you're saying "What's wrong with you guys?" when one kid did it, so why can't you?
exactly we are all trying are hardest but it doesnt seem to work

Sig was made by me Mean Green Kelly.o The flip hat crew
I wanted to be Part of your world before it was cool
Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly.o View Post
exactly we are all trying are hardest but it doesnt seem to work
Then prove LordIllidan wrong and continue to work hard.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:25 AM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBirdHat View Post
Maybe it could have been created without disney. Maybe it wouldn't be exactly the same, but it would still be vmk.
About 95%-100% of all the items in VMK were Disney related. All of your favorite items probably had to do with Disney. Without disney most of the items/rooms/NPC's would not have been made.

@ LordIllidan

Maybe that boy fought hard because it was a physical item. Nonetheless, physical item or not, we should not stop trying.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Expert Relocator Winners Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: Stitch-ish
Madilina is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
This is probably pretty after-the-fact, considering the absolute lack of activity on the Save VMK front, but...

This eleven year old kid fought for something he believed in on his own, and won. What's wrong with you guys?

I did send like 10-20 emails trying to get them to keep it open.
They kept repling back saying the same thing...
I would email them now but i dont know the email...
Old 04-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post

I did send like 10-20 emails trying to get them to keep it open.
They kept repling back saying the same thing...
I would email them now but i dont know the email...
Here is a link to all of the Disney contant info that vmkf knows about:
Disney Contact Info
Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Expert Relocator Winners Award Joy To The World 

Quote:
Here is a link to all of the Disney contant info that vmkf knows about:
Disney Contact Info

Why thank you
I may not email them now, i thinks it's rather too late
Old 04-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Better late than never.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
Awards Showcase

Why dont you do it then?? ;-]
1) are all of 'em in charge of vmk on that topic you posted??
2) i'm in england, wont be able to write to 'em...

Yeah, you do it. hehe
Old 04-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:

Yeah, you do it. hehe
1) Yes/no technically yes because Disney owned the rights to vmk. Although, Disney normally keeps their departments seperate from one another. So I would suggest emailing the Walt Disney interent group. Although, you can do what you are most comfortable with.
2)Email is always good too.

I still email every so often when I can. Although, I can't email them your opinions for you. You have to do a bit on your own. Judging by your posts you are a good writer and writing a brief email shouldn't be a problem for you.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Pssssh. I told myself I could stay away from these forums. I knew that wouldn't last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBs_Creation View Post
LordIllidan, tell me your plan to save our game, you seem to be the " captain " when it comes to Save VMK. So please, tell me what you need me to do and I will do my best to get it done, Im sure at least a 100 or so would agree with me on this nowadays.
Plan? Make them realize that it was a dumb idea to get rid of VMK. Simple as that. All you've gotta keep in mind that there's two sides to this fight: Showing them they took away a masterful piece of video game as art, and showing them they took away a huge money maker... from themselves. You don't want too much of either side, though. Keep a good balance.

Also, don't ever, EVER, call me the "Captain," or think of me as superior to anyone else in any way. We're all equal here, everyone's voice is just as strong as anyone else's. It's just a matter of how you use that voice.

Quote:
Then prove LordIllidan wrong and continue to work hard.
I've been proven wrong quite a bit these past few months. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong one more time.

Quote:

Why thank you
I may not email them now, i thinks it's rather too late
On the contrary, anyone still hanging on almost a year later is obviously pretty dedicated to getting the game back, and their voices may impact Disney a lot more than it would have, say, six months ago. All we need is enough of you guys.

Quote:

Yeah, you do it. hehe
That's a shame. One of the biggest problems with the world right now, both here and everywhere else, is people expecting someone else to solve the world's problems. I don't expect anyone to be an activist in every single thing, but... If something is very dear to you, you'd best try to make a difference about it.

Remember...

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-09-2009 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: cursing
Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
1) Yes/no technically yes because Disney owned the rights to vmk. Although, Disney normally keeps their departments seperate from one another. So I would suggest emailing the Walt Disney interent group. Although, you can do what you are most comfortable with.
2)Email is always good too.

I still email every so often when I can. Although, I can't email them your opinions for you. You have to do a bit on your own. Judging by your posts you are a good writer and writing a brief email shouldn't be a problem for you.
Internet group?? Uhm, what are they're emails?? i forgot...
And i'm a good writer?? Never! ^^
Old 04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Pssssh. I told myself I could stay away from these forums. I knew that wouldn't last long.

Plan? Make them realize that it was a dumb idea to get rid of VMK. Simple as that. All you've gotta keep in mind that there's two sides to this fight: Showing them they took away a masterful piece of video game as art, and showing them they took away a huge money maker... from themselves. You don't want too much of either side, though. Keep a good balance.

Also, don't ever, EVER, call me the "Captain," or think of me as superior to anyone else in any way. We're all equal here, everyone's voice is just as strong as anyone else's. It's just a matter of how you use that voice.

I've been proven wrong quite a bit these past few months. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong one more time.

On the contrary, anyone still hanging on almost a year later is obviously pretty dedicated to getting the game back, and their voices may impact Disney a lot more than it would have, say, six months ago. All we need is enough of you guys.

That's a shame. One of the biggest problems with the world right now, both here and everywhere else, is people expecting someone else to solve the world's problems. I don't expect anyone to be an activist in every single thing, but... If something is very dear to you, you'd best try to make a difference about it.
I wondered where you went, it's great to see you still are going strong with your protest

Quote:
Internet group?? Uhm, what are they're emails?? i forgot...
And i'm a good writer?? Never! ^^
It is in the link I showed you earlier. It doesn't have an email, but you can send them a message on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkris
FIGHT for VMK by sending a letter to the Walt Disney Internet Group.
Go to this link: http://corporate.disney.go.com/wdig/contact_form.html
You can also call them at Disney Internet Services:
818-623-3200
818-623-3764
866 993-6263
Fax: 818-623-3577
I think you are a wonderful writer, and you can do anything you put your mind to.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: SaveVMK
DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:

Remember...

How could we use our mouths if the darn corporation does not have ears!