Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old I Bring You, The Kingdom Keepers 3 Cover!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I like that the cover is in black and white, I hope he keeps it like that(or maybe switch it to sepia). Other than that I really dislike the cover. I don't really know why, but I just plain don't like it.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Here From Day 1
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Disney
zephr is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WHY does Finn always have to look like he just fell out of a 90's Wal-Mart fashion catalogue? I'm not saying he has to wear Dolce & Gabbana, but, a fleece hoodie and sweatpants? Really?

Fortuosity, that's me by-word.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:21 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Eh, liked my covers more. xD

They look...I dunno...like fake people? I think they should change it, to the castle or just focus on the villains and not the kids. And if that doesn't work out, at least get REAL people's pictures...I'm thinking Maximum Ride, anyone else? ;D

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:22 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I agree Fee, it just looks too fake. I don't like how they make the kids the focus. Just add some cool effects to the EPCOT ball.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Here From Day 1
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 

Here Since Day 1
Here's a bigger version of the image:

He's wearing jeans. Thank goodness. I hate sweatpants.

I don't really like the emphasis on the snake. But that's okay.
And Finn appears to be glowing, and the snake doesn't really look like its pulling Finn, so perhaps Finn has Pixie Dust on him or sommat?

Old 08-07-2009, 05:25 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 

the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Eh, still not liking it. I liked the first one a lot. The second seemed...I dunno...lame. Keep the first one, Riley!!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
What does the first one look like? I've never seen it. I'm interested. :o
Old 08-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Here From Day 1
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_phoenix View Post
Eh, still not liking it. I liked the first one a lot. The second seemed...I dunno...lame. Keep the first one, Riley!!
Do you mean the cover of the first book?

Old 08-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephr View Post
Do you mean the cover of the first book?
Oh, I thought he meant first sketch.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Here From Day 1
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Oh, I thought he meant first sketch.
I'm not really sure what phoenix meant. It could go either way.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:33 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase

LOL...no, GPG. I meant the first cover. :P

I dunno...felt...better? I guess, I dunno. I still like it more than the next ones he used.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Awards Showcase

Yea, the first cover looked cool. But it wouldn't fit this book. I say just use the same kind of effects to the EPCOT ball. Make it look cool.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I like that the cover is in black and white, I hope he keeps it like that(or maybe switch it to sepia). Other than that I really dislike the cover. I don't really know why, but I just plain don't like it.
This is only a rough draft.
He will add color later when the actual design is finalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_phoenix View Post
Eh, liked my covers more. xD

They look...I dunno...like fake people? I think they should change it, to the castle or just focus on the villains and not the kids. And if that doesn't work out, at least get REAL people's pictures...I'm thinking Maximum Ride, anyone else? ;D
They focus on the kids because the book is ABOUT the kids.
And some people believe the snake is Jafar, which would be a villain.
So really he is focusing on a villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephr View Post
Here's a bigger version of the image:

He's wearing jeans. Thank goodness. I hate sweatpants.

I don't really like the emphasis on the snake. But that's okay.
And Finn appears to be glowing, and the snake doesn't really look like its pulling Finn, so perhaps Finn has Pixie Dust on him or sommat?
He's glowing because he's in DHI form.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Awards Showcase

Yea, but DHI's shouldn't just 'glow'. He needs to look hologram-like.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Yeah I know.
He should have like a grid on him and be all green.