Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Mini-Games > VMK Mini-Games Archive

VMK Mini-Games Archive VMK Mini-Games Archive

Old Fireworks! Need Help!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Fireworks! Need Help!

I just did all 33 of 34 green car quest and now I was doing the fireworks and was told to get 7500 and I got under 3000. How have the rest of you managed this because not even the player who recieved first got past 4000.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:29 AM
can you feel it beat?

liljesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
good luck with this! my brother is in the same spot...

well, all i can say is practice makes perfect!
i can get up to 6000 points, and i know there's still room to improve.

my tips:
during stages 1-3, focus only on getting flawless. ONLY hit flawless, even if it means that you have to miss some fireworks. this raises your score a lot because of the flawless multiplier.

then, during the last two stages, try to get as many bonus combos as you can. they can score you a lot of points. (80 point bonus for stage 4 and 100 point bonus for stage 5.)
this one takes practice

some other tips also include:
try memorizing the order of the different kinds of fireworks and how far away they are from each other.

in the corner of your eye, watch the upcoming fireworks. this can help you strategize and plan when to hit combos.

and lastly,
remember the space bar activates 'explode all'.

hope all of these tips help you! best of luck to you, hope to see you wearing a green car pin sometime soon!
keep practicing,

-liljesi
Old 07-28-2007, 01:35 AM
let me annoy you today :)

vacationer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Smile RE:Fireworks! Need Help!

well, as liljesi said, i am trying to get 7500 also but i'm still kind of inexperienced at fireworks, so i need help too. but don't feel bad......lol
well good luck with getting the magic!

~vacationer
Old 07-28-2007, 01:38 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljesi View Post
good luck with this! my brother is in the same spot...

well, all i can say is practice makes perfect!
i can get up to 6000 points, and i know there's still room to improve.

my tips:
during stages 1-3, focus only on getting flawless. ONLY hit flawless, even if it means that you have to miss some fireworks. this raises your score a lot because of the flawless multiplier.

then, during the last two stages, try to get as many bonus combos as you can. they can score you a lot of points. (80 point bonus for stage 4 and 100 point bonus for stage 5.)
this one takes practice

some other tips also include:
try memorizing the order of the different kinds of fireworks and how far away they are from each other.

in the corner of your eye, watch the upcoming fireworks. this can help you strategize and plan when to hit combos.

and lastly,
remember the space bar activates 'explode all'.

hope all of these tips help you! best of luck to you, hope to see you wearing a green car pin sometime soon!
keep practicing,

-liljesi
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer View Post
well, as liljesi said, i am trying to get 7500 also but i'm still kind of inexperienced at fireworks, so i need help too. but don't feel bad......lol
well good luck with getting the magic!

~vacationer
Thanks guys but I think it was easier with the old fireworks lol. See my computer screen is rather large and it is kind of difficult at first to go fro keys to space bar right away while clicking everything. But I will keep trying. >_<
Old 07-31-2007, 01:58 PM
can you feel it beat?

liljesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Thanks guys but I think it was easier with the old fireworks lol. See my computer screen is rather large and it is kind of difficult at first to go fro keys to space bar right away while clicking everything. But I will keep trying. >_<
i agree, lol i DO think it was easier before the game was remixed. my peak score was only 100 points away from the requirement, i was just too lazy to do the actual quest! haha,

but yes, DO keep trying.
-liljesi
Old 07-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

WDW Monorail is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The first thing is that you need a fairly fast computer. I know that I was unable to break 8000 before I bought another graphics card. Also, make sure that your mouse is not lagging. If it is, and it is not a VMK problem, the mouse's settings can be sdjusted to your preferance on your computer.

Second, once you are in the game, focus only on the game. Don't pay attention to who is ahead or behind you. You can do this once you get really good at it.

Third, memorize the order of each firework at the bottom of the screen. You should be able to tell that the Yellow firework is 3 spots away from the Orange firework on the third level of the fourth land.
You should also memorize the entire game. It does change at times, however, practice and constant playing shall help.

Fourth, hit nothing but FLAWLESS.

Fifth, hit all possible combinations. Sometimes, this calls you to miss to or three fireworks at a time. Do not be afraid to do this as it may award you 100 points instead of 48 if you are in the last land. I know that it is tempting to hit these since some are quite easy to hit, however, with persistance, you will be able to tell when to hit and when to miss.

One last thing that I may add is that you need good hand-eye coordination in order to reach high scores. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with that.