Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Mini-Games

VMK Mini-Games Instructions, Rules, Strategy and Tactics for the Mini-Games. Mini-games include questions, dark rides, other site games for VMK items, Mix Music, HM, POTC, etc.

Old Pirates of the Caribbean Ship Battle Tips

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:04 PM
misses vmk!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Pixieish
Ali-Rae is as Frosty as a Snowman
Pirates of the Caribbean Ship Battle Tips

I'm a big fan of POTC Ship Battle. On regular days I score around 300 points with the extra 100 for winning. I finally came around to making a guide to help people increase their credits with all of these expensive new items coming out.

Pirates of the Caribbean Ship Battle Tips

Picking a Ship
-Pick a ship to suit which game you are playing.
-Usually, you would go with the Black Pearl ship and the Wicked Winch ship for Capture the Flag.
-I recommend using the Flying Dutchman ship when playing Ship battle.

Beginning the Game
-When you start the game, you should say the usual 'Gl' (Good luck) before you start moving.
-Always have your hand on the arrow keys and your other hand on your mouse.

Defeating the Opposing Team
-Don't charge right into the opposing team without knowing what you're going to do.
-If you have a Pirateship or Royalship on your team, don't let them sink before someone on the opposing team sinks.
-If your Pirateship or Royalship sinks, everyone is focusing on you instead of on the other ship.

Winning the Game
-Never stop moving.
-Keep circling around the opposing ship if you tried to shot them and missed.
-Keep collecting as many health and ammos you can. Even if you don't need them, the opposing ship will and it increases your chances at winning.

Playing your Game
-Don't let others bully you.
-Don't let other's foul words decrease your performance.
-Take out any rude things others say to you by making their ship sink first.(It's what I do all the time )
-Don't say anything rude back to the players or even at all.

Game Over
-Say 'Gg' (Good Game) before you return to the lobby because most players get split up into different lobbys.
-Enjoy your credits!

-There are advantages and disadvantages for each ship in both flag and battle. It is in your best intrest to try each ship and see which works best for you in either game. Nobody can tell you want ship to use. It's your choice.
-The Black Pearl only carries 3 health, but has great speed. There are some great players out there that are virtually unsinkable when they use it in battle simply because they wiggle quicky out of the shots way and get in close quickly to sink you.
-The Wicked is not always perferred in flag because it's designed to sink other ships quickly with it's huge ammo load. The goal in flag is not to sink, but to get the flag back to the base.

-In battle, learn the places you can shoot through the islands. Even getting one or two shots through can sink them or cause them to back off from you enough to get your next health or cannon.

-Try to keep your opponets from getting health and cannon. However, watch your own team and allow your team mates to get that cannon or health if you see they need it and you don't. Also, my own rule of thumb. If I'm going for health / cannon at the same time as a team mate, if I know they are a much stronger player or have a better angle at the opponet then me, I defer and let them pick it up.

-You fire from the side of your ship. Always remember that. If you're heading straight into enemy territory, you can't hit them. Turn and go in from an angle so you can get shots in.

-If you're riding side by side with your opponet, hang back just a little (maybe mid ship) then cut your angle so that you're traveling slightly away from them. This will point the side of your ship towards them and you can hit them more easily while you'll be slightly out of their full forse when they fire back at you. OR If the nose of your ship is slightly ahead of theirs, cut quickly in front of their ship, causing a T formation and fire.

-Doing circles with somebody is dangerous if they're in a black pearl and you're in any other ship. They can do a circle much faster then you, and chances are you're going down.

-If your opponet is out of ammo, constanly fire at them at every chance you can. Fire towards the health or cannon they may run for. Fire through the island. Don't let up. If your run low on ammo . . fake it. If they can't get ammo or health, you'll sink them. You can also get players to run a certain way if you come at them from a certain direction which can put them into a better space to sink them.

-Never ever say "Health" or "Ammo" when you need it. It's like putting up a big red flag. "hey, come sink me, I can't get you".

-The secret to sinking a black pearl. . . fire where you think they are going. If your dead, watch how they play. Look at their pattern of sailing. If you watch people long enough, they will repeat their sailing patterns and you can sink them when it's your turn. You'll need to shoot at where they're going. Always remember angles are the best.

-Big secret. Ssssh, don't tell. This is a major secret to the sucess of some of the great pirates on the dock. Count the health of your opponet. (Ok, I've said it, now all my pirate buddies are going to send me mean pm's!)

-Count, especially if you're going head to head as the last two ships. You need to know how much you can risk based on their health. However, be discret about it. Annoucing to your team that JohnDoe has only 1 health left is being a bad sport. Always assume they are counting your health and know when you're done to one, too.

If you are out of ammo / health, do circles. Just keep going in circles. Big circles, small circles. Figure 8 circles. Just keep moving and change up your pattern. It's more difficult to hit a moving target and much more difficult if the target is moving in a random circle. Health and cannon will eventurally appear. When it does, unless you're totally clear, don't dash for it because your opponet will try to fire at it. Just enlarge your circles to include that area.

At the end, the last ship explodes or sends off a random cannon fire as they go. If I have the health (and usually if I'm playing with friends), I try to take 1 of those fire balls or cannon shot. It's just a generous thing. As long you don't sink, they get 5 credits and it doesn't affect you one way or the other. 5 credits isn't a lot, but if you've just stolen all of their credits, it may put them closer to the at least making the 21 credits they paid to play the game.

Always remember good manners go far in life and in pirates. If you win great. Don't rub it in. If you lose, it's ok. Everybody loses. Either way, be cordial and friendly. Nobody wants to play with mean people that are rude.

If your dead and the other person is going head to head, It's OK, you still have hope! when the opponent is coming near your sunken ship, double click your ship and you'll go boom!

If you have any tips you'd like to add, feel free to post!

Last edited by Ali-Rae; 03-13-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
Nickpf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Not a bad guide at all, Thanks! I will use it!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Just accept it!

Prince_Sabastian is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wink

One thing I've learned about "winning the game" is that your strategy will change after the first shot is taken ... much like a real war does! Like chess or checkers, you should always have more than one strategy ready to play. If the other side comes in aggressive (they dart towards you to attack) then fire your cannons in the direction the ship is heading, not at the ship. If the other side is waiting for you to approach, then maneuver towards them with unexpected turns. For example, if you ride close to a mountain then the other side might expect you to next turn away from it. So, you should turn into the mountain while unloading your cannons. Doing the unexpected seems to help alot!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered+

fableillusion is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Good game guide ... really helped me out today.

You Rule!

Thanks for writing it
Old 03-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered+

wild_girl_pony is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Great Job, the tips seem to have helped me lots
Old 03-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

mlg0721 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Good Tips!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:28 AM
misses vmk!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Pixieish
Ali-Rae is as Frosty as a Snowman
Hehe, thanks I'm glad they helped!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Banned

iAmSilverLucas is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i prefer the ship with the most ammo.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks AR.

So do I, most ammo ship is the one I usually use But then again, that's my opinion.

I hope you all have a great year! l I need a signature! l Thank you everyone!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:34 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Hehe.. I am level three and honestly, I am not always the very best at pirates.. Choosing team mates can be important too you know!
Good luck!! Thanks for the tips!

Paiton
Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Pirate in Training @ POTC
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 2

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Great ideas! Just some others I've thought about over time:

o There are advantages and disadvantages for each ship in both flag and battle. It is in your best intrest to try each ship and see which works best for you in either game. Nobody can tell you want ship to use. It's your choice.

The Black Pearl only carries 3 health, but has great speed. There are some great players out there that are virtually unsinkable when they use it in battle simply because they wiggle quicky out of the shots way and get in close quickly to sink you.

The Wicked is not always perferred in flag because it's designed to sink other ships quickly with it's huge ammo load. The goal in flag is not to sink, but to get the flag back to the base.

o In battle, learn the places you can shoot through the islands. Even getting one or two shots through can sink them or cause them to back off from you enough to get your next health or cannon.

o Try to keep your opponets from getting health and cannon. However, watch your own team and allow your team mates to get that cannon or health if you see they need it and you don't. Also, my own rule of thumb. If I'm going for health / cannon at the same time as a team mate, if I know they are a much stronger player or have a better angle at the opponet then me, I defer and let them pick it up.

o You fire from the side of your ship. Always remember that. If you're heading straight into enemy territory, you can't hit them. Turn and go in from an angle so you can get shots in.

o If you're riding side by side with your opponet, hang back just a little (maybe mid ship) then cut your angle so that you're traveling slightly away from them. This will point the side of your ship towards them and you can hit them more easily while you'll be slightly out of their full forse when they fire back at you. OR If the nose of your ship is slightly ahead of theirs, cut quickly in front of their ship, causing a T formation and fire.

o Doing circles with somebody is dangerous if they're in a black pearl and you're in any other ship. They can do a circle much faster then you, and chances are you're going down.

o If your opponet is out of ammo, constanly fire at them at every chance you can. Fire towards the health or cannon they may run for. Fire through the island. Don't let up. If your run low on ammo . . fake it. If they can't get ammo or health, you'll sink them. You can also get players to run a certain way if you come at them from a certain direction which can put them into a better space to sink them.

o Never ever say "Health" or "Ammo" when you need it. It's like putting up a big red flag. "hey, come sink me, I can't get you".

o The secret to sinking a black pearl. . . fire where you think they are going. If your dead, watch how they play. Look at their pattern of sailing. If you watch people long enough, they will repeat their sailing patterns and you can sink them when it's your turn. You'll need to shoot at where they're going. Always remember angles are the best.

o Big secret. Ssssh, don't tell. This is a major secret to the sucess of some of the great pirates on the dock. Count the health of your opponet. (Ok, I've said it, now all my pirate buddies are going to send me mean pm's!)

Count, especially if you're going head to head as the last two ships. You need to know how much you can risk based on their health. However, be discret about it. Annoucing to your team that JohnDoe has only 1 health left is being a bad sport. Always assume they are counting your health and know when you're done to one, too.

o If you are out of ammo / health, do circles. Just keep going in circles. Big circles, small circles. Figure 8 circles. Just keep moving and change up your pattern. It's more difficult to hit a moving target and much more difficult if the target is moving in a random circle. Health and cannon will eventurally appear. When it does, unless you're totally clear, don't dash for it because your opponet will try to fire at it. Just enlarge your circles to include that area.

o At the end, the last ship explodes or sends off a random cannon fire as they go. If I have the health (and usually if I'm playing with friends), I try to take 1 of those fire balls or cannon shot. It's just a generous thing. As long you don't sink, they get 5 credits and it doesn't affect you one way or the other. 5 credits isn't a lot, but if you've just stolen all of their credits, it may put them closer to the at least making the 21 credits they paid to play the game.

o Always remember good manners go far in life and in pirates. If you win great. Don't rub it in. If you lose, it's ok. Everybody loses. Either way, be cordial and friendly. Nobody wants to play with mean people that are rude.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 AM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chele View Post
Great ideas! Just some others I've thought about over time:

o There are advantages and disadvantages for each ship in both flag and battle. It is in your best intrest to try each ship and see which works best for you in either game. Nobody can tell you want ship to use. It's your choice.

The Black Pearl only carries 3 health, but has great speed. There are some great players out there that are virtually unsinkable when they use it in battle simply because they wiggle quicky out of the shots way and get in close quickly to sink you.

The Wicked is not always perferred in flag because it's designed to sink other ships quickly with it's huge ammo load. The goal in flag is not to sink, but to get the flag back to the base.

o In battle, learn the places you can shoot through the islands. Even getting one or two shots through can sink them or cause them to back off from you enough to get your next health or cannon.

o Try to keep your opponets from getting health and cannon. However, watch your own team and allow your team mates to get that cannon or health if you see they need it and you don't. Also, my own rule of thumb. If I'm going for health / cannon at the same time as a team mate, if I know they are a much stronger player or have a better angle at the opponet then me, I defer and let them pick it up.

o You fire from the side of your ship. Always remember that. If you're heading straight into enemy territory, you can't hit them. Turn and go in from an angle so you can get shots in.

o If you're riding side by side with your opponet, hang back just a little (maybe mid ship) then cut your angle so that you're traveling slightly away from them. This will point the side of your ship towards them and you can hit them more easily while you'll be slightly out of their full forse when they fire back at you. OR If the nose of your ship is slightly ahead of theirs, cut quickly in front of their ship, causing a T formation and fire.

o Doing circles with somebody is dangerous if they're in a black pearl and you're in any other ship. They can do a circle much faster then you, and chances are you're going down.

o If your opponet is out of ammo, constanly fire at them at every chance you can. Fire towards the health or cannon they may run for. Fire through the island. Don't let up. If your run low on ammo . . fake it. If they can't get ammo or health, you'll sink them. You can also get players to run a certain way if you come at them from a certain direction which can put them into a better space to sink them.

o Never ever say "Health" or "Ammo" when you need it. It's like putting up a big red flag. "hey, come sink me, I can't get you".

o The secret to sinking a black pearl. . . fire where you think they are going. If your dead, watch how they play. Look at their pattern of sailing. If you watch people long enough, they will repeat their sailing patterns and you can sink them when it's your turn. You'll need to shoot at where they're going. Always remember angles are the best.

o Big secret. Ssssh, don't tell. This is a major secret to the sucess of some of the great pirates on the dock. Count the health of your opponet. (Ok, I've said it, now all my pirate buddies are going to send me mean pm's!)

Count, especially if you're going head to head as the last two ships. You need to know how much you can risk based on their health. However, be discret about it. Annoucing to your team that JohnDoe has only 1 health left is being a bad sport. Always assume they are counting your health and know when you're done to one, too.

o If you are out of ammo / health, do circles. Just keep going in circles. Big circles, small circles. Figure 8 circles. Just keep moving and change up your pattern. It's more difficult to hit a moving target and much more difficult if the target is moving in a random circle. Health and cannon will eventurally appear. When it does, unless you're totally clear, don't dash for it because your opponet will try to fire at it. Just enlarge your circles to include that area.

o At the end, the last ship explodes or sends off a random cannon fire as they go. If I have the health (and usually if I'm playing with friends), I try to take 1 of those fire balls or cannon shot. It's just a generous thing. As long you don't sink, they get 5 credits and it doesn't affect you one way or the other. 5 credits isn't a lot, but if you've just stolen all of their credits, it may put them closer to the at least making the 21 credits they paid to play the game.

o Always remember good manners go far in life and in pirates. If you win great. Don't rub it in. If you lose, it's ok. Everybody loses. Either way, be cordial and friendly. Nobody wants to play with mean people that are rude.

Nice guide I like it... And for the big secret... Does that mean we should be sitekick and predict how many they get from the health like sometimes it's 1 and the other times 3 and sometimes 2!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:42 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Very nice guide there. Although, you forgot 1 tip

If your dead and the other person is going head to head, It's OK, you still have hope! when the opponent is coming near your sunken ship, double click your ship and you'll go boom!

I have sunk people many times doing this
Old 03-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Pirate in Training @ POTC
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 2

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic99979 View Post
Nice guide I like it... And for the big secret... Does that mean we should be sitekick and predict how many they get from the health like sometimes it's 1 and the other times 3 and sometimes 2!
Correct. Always assume they've picked up enough health to make them full. Always better to err on the side of caution then to be surprised. And if you are truely psyhic then you won't have to count, you'll just know when they're out of health. lol
Old 03-07-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Great tips, they sure will come in handy