Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old Visitor Messages

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Registered+

Fluffybunny is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Visitor Messages

Why not have visitor messages here? I mean you can have them set for approval before they appear to the other person. It's how it's run on another site all VM's go into a mod queue then approved accordingly.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I have taken this quote from one of our sister sites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth
When that feature was added to vB, we decided at that point to not add that to our forums. We feel for various reasons, it would be best to leave off;
  • Something like that would have to be moderated, causing extra work for the mods.
  • I've seen them on many forum sites and most are just spam messages.
  • Profile customizations will be dropped in the next version of vB, so not much reason to contact them about that soon.
  • Too easy for users to use these as a place to flame or troll each other, hence why they'd have to be moderated.
  • Instead of being able to view users info right away, visitor messages would be the first tab making it another step for many.
  • We want to encourage discussions. This would just distract from people making actual posts or PMs.