Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old VMK Remembered- December Holidays

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
VMK Remembered- December Holidays

Well, this is the third year that we are unable to play VMK during the December holiday season. And I believe we all miss the game dearly, especially when there are pictures all over this site (top of the page). Therefore, I got the idea to post pictures from the December Holiday Season on VMK from 2005-2007.

For instance, I remember joining the VMK Gingerbread contest in 2007 (I still have the original email), and of course I went a little overboard with buying gingerbread pieces (over 50K spent lol). Yes, I remember a LOT of weird details from VMK. Anyway, I built three rooms (one for the contest) and here are pictures:

MLKnCookies Gingerbread House (contest):

Inside Cookies House:

Outside Cookies House:

I remember spending hours building the rooms. By using the ride start pieces and teleporters, you were able to "enter" the house by going inside to the next room. From there, to go outside, step on the other ride start and "exit" the house. Lastly, to go back to the front of the house, step on the third ride start and "walk around" to the front. I think it was creative.

I'll add more pictures when I come across them. But what pictures or memories do you have from the holidays on VMK? Remember, they can be from December 2005, 2006, or 2007.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:09 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Hey how's it going?

I can't believe you spent over 50,000 :O that's amazing. I never had a ton of credits, but I wasn't poor in the game... if that makes sense. Like I had a ton of items, rare, etc. but I never seemed to have a ton of credits...

That's amazing what you built! I was never a real room builder, though I did enter one for best guest room (didn't win, but hey, I thought it was cool.)

Hmm, winter memories... I don't really remember a lot actually. Obviously my favorite part was the scenery. I liked just hanging around main street, instead of someones room. I met more people that way, but I had close friends as well. I also remember the items and though I never had a lot saved up to buy them, I got them one way or another haha. The holidays were always when the best stuff came out, and it was also a time when VMK seemed most happy
Old 12-04-2010, 06:16 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Wow, these pictures bring back memories! I totally remember visiting your gingerbread house in VMK before the contest. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.....(still do. )

I was waaaay too lazy to make a gingerbread house when the contest came along.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Turtle talk with Crush!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

black33 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow, I totally remember that room! I hung out there a lot with you during December! (This is Harry_Fan btw)

My favorite part about December was the big New Year's Eve Party. I only made it to one New Year's party, but I had tons of fun, took lots of pictures, and I think we were even visited by some staff members. Plus it was the year confetti magic came out, so it was fun playing with that too.

I was never super rich on VMK. I never had a lot of credits or lots of rare items, but that's ok. I had fun, and made lots of friends, and it's the memories that have lasted now that the game is over.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures from people though! I can't find where I saved mine onto my computer. Otherwise I would share!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:14 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
I can't believe you spent over 50,000 :O that's amazing.
Yea.. about that, lol. After December let's just say I played pirates for many many hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
I totally remember visiting your gingerbread house in VMK before the contest. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.....(still do. )
Haha, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black33 View Post
Wow, I totally remember that room! I hung out there a lot with you during December! (This is Harry_Fan btw)
Of course I remember you.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Nice, makes feel like I want to create something like that again. I miss it so much.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Cookies, your gingerbread house is amazing!!! I was always too busy around the holidays. Or maybe I was too lazy to earn enough credits. It was one of those two. Maybe both.

I believe I have some holiday screenshots somewhere on this computer. Found a couple:

Photo taken: November 1st, 2006.
First day of the VMK Holidays.

Photo taken: December 2nd, 2006.
Trying to start our own dancing line at closing haha. What great memories.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!

Last edited by SoccerRyan; 12-08-2010 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: changed Polar to Cookies XD
Old 12-08-2010, 02:43 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Cookies' gingerbread house, not mine. :p
Old 12-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Ah, my bad. :P Both of your titles scroll purpley. That's my excuse. XD

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered+

My Mood: VMK
Gamecrazy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Winter is what resembles VMK for me mostly. The gingerbread houses, the lights on main street, the VMK christmas music.... It was so magical and now that VMK is closed every time It's winter I get sad not being in my snowy gingerbread/candycane room