Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old vmk open in october??

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I can see how it'd be bad to have hope maybe 50 years + but only a year+, it's great for people to have hope
Old 10-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There is nothing written in stone and they have not said distinctly 'VMK will never come back'. Disney is as Disney does. If they decide to make another VMK it will be in-circumstantial and nothing we do will make it any other way. Maybe someday we will see a return, but in the meantime we do have lives and dreams. My life revolves around my family and they are main priority, so until VMK does come back I will live, eat, play, sleep, and stand on my head while juggling torches of fire and reading comic books all at the same time. Life! Enjoy the ride!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Has anyone heard anything about it lately?? Curious, is it coming or another false rumor?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: SaveVMK
DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava View Post
Has anyone heard anything about it lately?? Curious, is it coming or another false rumor?
I haven't heard any news. Sorry to say, but this might just be another rumor.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: vmkpalish
ToBeContinued is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have heard a rumor that it's coming out on 2010 as a Disney 60th anniversary, but this is just a rumor and nobody can be for sure.

Hopefully when (and if) I become a Disney Imagineer, I can bring it back
Old 10-07-2009, 02:37 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Haha, I like that TBC! I doubt they'd do that though..but I'm not sure..VMK.com is directed to disney sites
Old 10-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Maplestory is here!!

CrazyAceMynerC is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK, grab my hands.._-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It is just another rumor/joke.
Nothing can't just open up a year later.
Besides Disney said it is shutting down perfectly. No returns.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-Wait, don't.. Let g-
Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 AM
!!Keep Fighting for VMK!!
Awards Showcase
Which Disney Character Participant's Award 

noggin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I haven't been around for a while but look what I just found on the internet! This says 2008 but according to "another company" which might actually be "the other company" has announced the reopening of VMK on the very same date shown here exept with the year 2009. I looked for the page with the companys name on it again but I condn't find it. After that yet another company (this companys name was not said at all) announced the opening of VMK the on the very same date shown but with the year 2010. Here's the article.

VMK is reopening on October 24, 2008.
Here's a quote from an unknown man.
"While Virtual Magical Kingdom was managed by two companies, One had quit the game, Due to the lack of profit.
While Disney believed that charging for such games would not be right, The other company believed otherwise.
Disney, Who owned most of the rights to VMK, Did not delete the game data base, Or any character information.
Disney has searched for another company to partner with, Due to the need of continuesly working members, One has been found, Upon which believes in fairness.
Virtual Magical Kingdom will return in the next few months, Hopefully by September or October of 2008, Or the New Year of 2009.

That was said sometime July 2008 a little over a month (or is that a year and a month) after VMK closed. The man still remains unknown. Hope you get some info from this. Enjoy.

,noggin
Old 10-10-2009, 05:32 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase

Well, we can plug in what we know. We know the company was Saluke, so there's that problem. But how can we be sure? Disney isn't some..huggy huggy company who is going to take us a bandaid everytime we fall. They are a corporation. And meanwhile things in the park seem like they are a huggy huggy company, they are in it for the money. Working at Disney makes a lot of money, and they probably get some benefits. So, I'd be happy to work at Disneyland. With good money, benefits, and working somewhere I love, that'd be fun. AND they have housing available to the workers too! So really, it's really good to work at Disney. and in California Adventure alone, theres 44,000 workers. We asked once haha
Old 10-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin View Post
I haven't been around for a while but look what I just found on the internet! This says 2008 but according to "another company" which might actually be "the other company" has announced the reopening of VMK on the very same date shown here exept with the year 2009. I looked for the page with the companys name on it again but I condn't find it. After that yet another company (this companys name was not said at all) announced the opening of VMK the on the very same date shown but with the year 2010. Here's the article.

VMK is reopening on October 24, 2008.
Here's a quote from an unknown man.
"While Virtual Magical Kingdom was managed by two companies, One had quit the game, Due to the lack of profit.
While Disney believed that charging for such games would not be right, The other company believed otherwise.
Disney, Who owned most of the rights to VMK, Did not delete the game data base, Or any character information.
Disney has searched for another company to partner with, Due to the need of continuesly working members, One has been found, Upon which believes in fairness.
Virtual Magical Kingdom will return in the next few months, Hopefully by September or October of 2008, Or the New Year of 2009.

That was said sometime July 2008 a little over a month (or is that a year and a month) after VMK closed. The man still remains unknown. Hope you get some info from this. Enjoy.

,noggin
If you have the source that would be great.

For now we'll still have to wait and see.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i think i would pay to play vmk, i don't care, i just been craving to play the haunted mansion game
Old 10-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i think it's not opening back up, but i do wish it would
Old 10-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

I still think we need some more info on this.
It would be great if you can provide the source of what you described noggin.