Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old A Response from WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
Ya, ive left for a short month or two, then I find it closing.
Its over for me. My life's a wreck right now.
But as of VMK closing, guys, dont sweat it. C'mon! It's Disney.You know...THE SUPER RICH ULTIMATE COMPANY?
If they made VMK this good, if they have gotten more and more suggestions to the "pay to play" version of it, rather than just complaints and putting them down (If you protest, you're only getting on their bad side and taking an ultimate risk, it may end up good or bad) they may release something even better. They really mean it when "keep moving forward" (even if they only want money, make better products, make better profits)

I wonder if this is a good example...
There's a new game out, downloading though. All of your memory is taken up. You have to throw something out, obviously you would pick the program you don't use much, most likely the oldest that got boring to you. When you download the new game, it turned out to be awesome. Better than a lot of others. When you want something better, or even just similar but more flexible (like an update) you have to replace it with something else.
Get the point?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Keep safe.

Mickey_Dude is as Frosty as a Snowman
Fighting well not do anything I believe unfortunately there decision is final.
Obviously there goal is to open up 2 new community's for people to go to, I just do not agree with the concepts of these community's VMK was able to attract a adult and teen audience the new games sound like there meant for children.
You know really bickering is not going to do anything just be happy that you were given such a wonderful opportunity to make such good friends and experiences.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 PM
iMagician

Iwannaplayvmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Unhappy Nooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondermanforever View Post
They still arent too clear as to why its closing.If they give a REASONABLE reason as to why they are closing, i wouldnt be as furiated as i am now.If its just for monetary purposes, then thats wrong.They made over $700million last year from just internet games. Im sure keeping vmk wouldnt be that big of a deal.
YEAH! SO THEY WANTED THE MONEY!

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/user...p?userid=34165

Userpage^
Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Registered+

Tayseth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Heres a good Motto that someone posted:
• Do not become deeply involved in any game from the WDIG.
• Do not join a game that could be perceived as a promotion.
• When you join a game, do not assume that every word from the mouth of the game's producer is true.
• Disney makes dreams come true every single day for the right price.
• There is no such thing as free magic.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:16 PM
SPEED DEMON<3
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Design an Outfit Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Cloud_9
Akovia is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayseth View Post
Heres a good Motto that someone posted:
• Do not become deeply involved in any game from the WDIG.
• Do not join a game that could be perceived as a promotion.
• When you join a game, do not assume that every word from the mouth of the game's producer is true.
• Disney makes dreams come true every single day for the right price.
• There is no such thing as free magic.
Once again, I agree. I guess they really did want the money. But hey no one will ever know because "promotion" is all they say.
Oh, and btw, this is posted by SoccerRyan.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:05 PM
.:I Have Drifted, Gone:.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Gloomy
GoldenHeart is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper View Post
Wow.. I am crying, U all are still trying .. U all are thinking that this is not what Walt would want, I'm sorry, U all are doing what walt did NOT want, rebelling?? this isn't Bacon's Rebellion guys, please dont make it that way, Walt always said to move Forward.. u guys are doing the opposite, Yes there are MANY causes worth fighting.. but u all are fighting for the wrong cause, instead u all should be looking to the future.. obviously u aren't.. and by the way, when a TV show gets discontinued, this ussually happens, and its ussually way bigger, but guess what, It does NOTHING, I'm sorry guys, but u all are not building Walt's dream, ur really just building ur own..
Nope. This game represented Walt, he would have liked it! Yes his motto is "Keep moving forward," and Disney could have done that but kept VMK open or made greater expectations for the game. VMK was a dream, to all of us, to Disney even. And this isn't a TV show. This is WAY different. This is reality, and people can do whatever they want. Say what you feel, but nobody's going to listen to you. They could care less about what you think. Their just gonna do it! We can make a difference, so I'd like to see YOU try to work half as hard as we are instead of sitting around and being negative about things. Also, grammar matters.
Hey. Sorry to tell you, but I had to follow everyone else and go. I left to another forum. I'll still post once and a while, but hardly ever. Meanwhile, enjoy your time here but please don't quit like most of us did. This forum needs more members. Another one lost is another one gained. So please, be that one.
If you want to know more, go to my userpage.

~GoldenHeart
Old 08-31-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered+

My Mood: SaveVMK
hauntedmansionvisitor is spinning in a Cursed Storm
A Response from WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)

I still haven't given up on getting vmk back. I am still writing to disney and asking them to bring it back to us. They have to see that if they bring it back or make it pay to play they would make more money on it then ever which i thing is the only thing that disney cares about right now. They only care about money.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Cheese Owns
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

toontoony is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Much as i was looking forward to cars, Walking around in disney world//disneyland/magic kingdom is alot more fun then driveing around in radiator springs
Old 09-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Me on vmk and RIP Flip
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park
My Mood: Princess
bellaace is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They should have like kept vmk and added new worlds. I don't think the other games will be as popular as vmk was.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:21 AM
OMG. I'm back!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Disney
SoWassup is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Keep on fighting, keep on getting Disney bugged, keep on sending letters! I insist that you all keep trying! We've gotta try to get VMK back! Nobody shall stand in our way to get VMK back! Disney has gotta give up after a couple months of this. I would if I got like a million letters a day! ( lol ) Keep on fighting, don't give up! Let's win this fight! This is for forever VMKers!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:01 PM
CL_xwing in VMK

xwing23 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think they could easily make pay to play just by adding the game to lets say gamekingdom for instance or even adding it to another one of there sites like that. The main problem is because sulake owned the game engine not disney they only provided the content. I think disney could take the content and recreate the game like GPDOT did on vmk revisited, if he could do it so well as one person then we all know disney could easily do it. I think they should get together with GPDOT and bring the game back using what he has already created.

xwing
Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
I had never clicked on this thread before til just now...

I read the first few pages and the everyone's fighting spirit made me feel happy for some reason..

Old 09-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTheRain View Post
You know, Meet the Robinsons was an extreemly unique and heart-felt film, and I'm really getting tired of them running it's theme into the ground simply because they were suddenly made aware of this convinient 'motto' that Walt once said, and now use it for eeeeeveeeeery thing.

They've decided, and they aren't going to change their minds. That's how they work. We just have to accept it, from their point of view, but I highly doubt that their next projects will get as equal and positive a reaction as they are thinking that it will, because now we've learned what putting effort and time into a Disney game gets us: The eventual scrapping and deletion of the game. I won't be playing any of their newer games, as I strive to learn from my past experiences, and I won't be wasting my time a second time around.
I know! Next thing im gonna order pizza and this will happen:
Hi, heres your pizza
Thanks!
Thank you, keep moving forward
WHAT!?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:15 AM
osmello

osmello is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I cried for days when it closed, it was not the game that mattered, it was the spirit of disney that radiated from every player and host every day i could be there. It made me feel like i was in disney world even though i live a thousand miles away.. Disney will no doubt make another community game, it just won't be the magic kingdom. I do not want to be a fairy or a car with a big butt. I want to be me, a goofy looking girl with glasses in black mouse ears......nothing else will come close. But beyond a doubt, from my shareholder reports, and disney press releases, I do not believe we will ever see that kingdom again. And that makes my heart sad.....
Old 09-26-2008, 01:26 PM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
I don't want new gams. I want my V-M-K!!!!

Clickie
Thank you SoccerRyan and Pisces for being my math tutors!