Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old ☼ Island ~ A Story of Survival ☼

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:05 AM
#1 fan of Xigbar ^.^
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

xigbar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
☼ Island ~ A Story of Survival ☼

Prolouge

I gasp. I wade through the water in the ship's hallway. Sweat pours from my forehead. I reach the stairs, and decide run up. I get halfway up, and I slip, and hit my head on the stairs. I get back up despite the burning pain, and reach the top of the stairs. I run out onto the ships deck. The rain is pouring, and the wind is making me squinch my eyes. I run out, and slip on the wet wooden floor. My head hits the hard floor, and I lose conciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

Sam opened his eyes, face down in the sand.

Sam

He quickly sat up, and spat out the sand in his mouth. It was hard and hot, and it burnt his face. "Ugh.. where am I?" Sam grumbled. He rubbed his head. "Owwww!" he moaned. There was a giant bump on the side of his head. Sam looked around. He squinted his eyes at the blazing sun. He was on an island... or a beach at least. There was a large cliff to the left of the beach, and grass leading out of the beach. The sand was a sparkling tan, full of shells and rocks. The sky was a light blue, cloud-free. Sam slowly walked on the sand. His dark brown hair blew slightly in the dark wind. "Well.. standing here is doing me no good.. I better look around a bit." Sam said. He straightened his shirt, and walked down the sand. This is..
ISLAND

Chapter 2

Sam stepped onto the grass that led off of the beach. It was cool and tickled his feet, unlike the sand. He surveyed the area. A few trees.. a bush here and there. Sam walked farther into the clearing, when he decided there was nothing else there. He walked back to the beach, and walked kept walking like he never made a stop at the grass. And then.. he saw her. A girl, lying down on the sand. He wasn't sure if she was alive, so Sam ran over to her. He pushed her over on her back. She was wearing a blue tank top, and jeans. Sam pushed her again. Her eyes fluttered open. "Who.. who are you? And where am I?" she said standing up. She grabbed the sand. "This isn't the ship... all I remember is being in the storm.. and now I'm here.." she said. Sam looked at her deeply. "I-I'm Sam. Sam Remmington. Nice to meet you. I was on the ship you were on." he said. He managed to smile at her. She brushed her hair back. "I'm Alex.. my friends call me Lex."
Lex

she said. "I guess we're survivors from that storm." she said quietly, grabbing her neck. Sam smiled. "Yup.. are you hungry?" he said tilting his head. Lex looked at him funny. "Uhhmm.. why?" she said, one eyebrow raised. Sam reached into his bag. "I found these." Sam said grabbing some mushrooms. Sam put one in his mouth. "Mmm.." he mumbled. Lex hit his forehead. "Idiot! What if it's poisonous?" Lex said staring at him. Sam shrugged. "Ugh.. fine. Gimme one." she said, holding out her hand. Sam handed her a red one. Lex ate it. "Mmm.. this is soooo worth the risk." Lex said. Sam swallowed. "Come on.. we need to find some shelter for now..." he said.

Chapter 3

"Sam! Look!" Lex said. She pointed to a few long sticks and some big banana leaves. "Ya think we could build shelter out of this?" Lex said. Sam surveryed the area. "Hmm.. not on the grass.. but.. I just had a brilliant idea!" Sam said. He pointed up at the tree tops. "We could build a treehouse!" Sam said running towards the tree. He started climbing up. "Lex, throw me a stick!" Sam said at the top. He grabbed a few vines on the tree as ties. Lex threw the stick up at Sam, who swiftly caught it with his left hand. He secured the stick with a little bit of the vine, so it looked as if a stick was hanging stationary. He repeated this until he had a pefect floor. Lex then left for food. He spent the rest of the day building up the walls, then adding the roof. He was sweating slightly, because of the heat. At about 5:00, Lex came back with strawberries, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms. "We can have a salad!" Lex yelled up. Sam nodded, and began working on the ladder. Lex left again for bedding. At 5:55, the ladder was finished. Lex climbed up with some leafs. "Here, we'll use this for now." Lex said. Sam had made a little area for cooking, so Lex took the food she gathered, and started on the salad. Sam lay down and rested. "I'm thirsty.." he said. "Oh! Almost forgot!" Lex said. She reached in and took out a glass bottle of water. "There's a river in the clearing. It's full of clean water. I grabbed some in this bottle." Lex said. She handed the bottle to Sam, who drank it all. At 6:18, the salad was done. They sat down and ate it. It was cool, and mildly spicy. They ate all of it. "Mmm.. I'm full!" Lex said. She walked over to her leaf bed. "I'm gonna rest. Tomorrow, we should explore around here. Do you think it's an island?" Lex said. Sam nodded. "I think so," he said as he sat down in his leaf bed. "Well.. I guess we should search for other people, or other sources of food." Sam said lying down. Lex nodded, and layed down too. "Alright.. 'night." Lex said. They both fell asleep.

Chapter 4

"Ehhh.. mornin' Lex." Sam said. He woke up to the sound of cutting and a nice smell. Lex was cutting up the extra food from last night. "I'm making us Coconut and Mushroom salad!" Lex said happily. Sam yawned, and stretched out his arms. "Uhh... I'm gonna go search around more. Wanna come?" Sam said. Lex walked over to Sam with the salad in her hands, and sat down. "Yeah.. but we should eat first. Hey... I wonder if we could get a fire going?" Lex said. She took a bite out of her share. "Hmm... we'd have to make sure it doesn't catch the treehouse on fire though.. then we'd have to start all over." Sam said. "But.. yeah. I'll try getting twigs and make a fire maker." Sam said. He finished up his salad. "Mmm.. delicious! Thank you very much!" Sam said smiling at Lex. Lex nodded. "Mmhmm! Don't sweat it." she said. Lex and Sam stood up. "Ready?" Sam said with his hands on his hips. Lex smiled. "Let's go!"
Sam and Lex climbed out of the ladder. Halfway down, Sam jumped off. Lex soon followed. They walk farther into the grasslands, the farthest they had gone. Lex picked up a few rasberries, carrots and potatoes. Sam picked up more vines, a stick, a large rock, and a few leafs. "I can make a bed or something with these.." Sam said to Lex. She smiled, and nodded. "And with the stick, rock and vines, you can make a spear, right? Then you can catch fish or hunt animals!" Lex said. Sam nodded. "Oh.. my gosh.." Sam stopped walking. Lex turned forward looking at what Sam was looking at. "AAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Lex screamed. A few feet ahead was a sleeping bear, which Lex had just woke up.

Chapter 5

Lex stepped back, and Sam motioned her to move away. "I AM moving away!" Lex hissed at him. Sam clenched his teeth at her, and motioned for her to be quiet. Lex slowly nodded, and stepped back a few more feet. Sam took out the stick, rock and vine. "I gotta make this spear.." Sam said. His fingers were slipping, and the bear was staring at them. Sam breathed out heavily and threw the things back to Lex. "Try making a spear! I can't fight this thing with my bare hands!" Sam said. Lex nodded. Sam moved to the side. The bear got up on it's hind legs and roared. Lex gasped and worked quicker. "Got it!" Lex said. She threw the spear towards Sam. He caught it, and got in an attacking positsion. Lex nodded, and Sam nodded back. He ran to the side of the bear, and jabbed the spear at it. The bear roared, and charged at Sam. He jumped out of the way, and Lex screamed. The bear looked at Lex, and started walking towards her. Lex was frozen in fear. "H-h-HELP!" Lex screamed. Sam crept up behind the bear, and jabbed at it again. He growled, then ran away. Lex was gasping. "Sam.. you.. you saved my life!" Lex said. Sam nodded. "It was nothing. Are you ok?" he said. He put away the spear. Lex paused for a moment, then looked at Sam. She bit her lip, blushed and smiled. "I'm better than OK.. I'm great." Lex said to Sam. Sam nodded. "That's good to hear." Sam said. He grabbed Lex's hand. Lex gasped. "Ready?" Sam said smiling. Lex smiled slightly and nodded. "Y-yeah.." Lex said, stumbling on her words. Sam smiled again, and the two walked off into the end of the grasslands, awaiting whatever came for them next.

Chapter 6

Sam and Lex carefully walked, as the grass became thicker, and more dirt shown then grass. Lex stumbled, and Sam grabbed the back of her tanktop. Lex swallowed. "Thanks." Lex said said, looking at the grass. Sam looked at her. "Are you okay? You seem different since after the bear attack. Are you scared?" Sam said. Lex gasped. "Yeah, I'm scared, that's it. Sorry!" Lex said. "Yes.. I'm.. just scared.." Lex said to particularly nobody. Sam nodded slowly, and they continued walking. Lex gasped. "Look! Pineapples!" Lex said. She ran over to the spikey fruit growing over to the side. She went over and picked them up carefully. Sam laughed. "Only you would get excited over Pineapples." Sam said. Lex smirked. "Haha, funny. Wow.. passion fruit and bananas!" Lex said, running towards the other fruit growing in the side. She picked up one of the bananas, peeled it, and took a bit out of the top. "Yumm.. it's so good!" Lex said. She grabbed a few, and walked back to Sam. Sam smiled, and put the fruit in the bag. A few minutes later, Lex looked at Sam, and smiled. He was oblivious to anything, staring straight forward. Lex rolled her eyes, and kept walking. "Hah! Look! A river!" Sam said. He walked over to the river. "And a giant rock! Wait.. doesn't this river seem familiar?" Lex said, as she caught up to Sam. There was a silence. "I think this river is a few minutes away from the treehouse!" Sam said finally. Lex gasped. "You- you're right!" Lex said. Sam went over, and tried pushing the rock. He grunted, and pushed as hard as he could, but it only budged a few inches. Lex ran over, and helped. Soon, the rock fell in the water, and fell to the bottom. Sam jumped on the rock, then over to the over to the otherside. "Look! I think I can see the treehouse over there!" Sam said. Lex nodded. "Good, because I'm tired, hungry, and it's late." Lex said. She jumped over to the other side with Sam, and they walked to the treehouse together.

Chapter 7

Sam climbed up the ladder, his hands slipping on the slightly wet ladder. When he reached the top, he bent over and helped Lex up to keep her safe. Lex smiled, then gasped. "Oh, I just remembered!" Lex said, reaching into her backpack. "What? Are you OK?" Sam said. Lex rolled her eyes. "Yes I'm OK, but look at this!" Lex said pulling out a large rock in the shape of a bowl. "Now we can make soup and stuff!" Sam said taking the rock. He placed it in the "kitchen." "Hey.. maybe with those logs and that vine that we saw, I can make furniture!" Sam said. Lex smiled. "Like.. a bed? Or maybe another treehouse further inland!" Lex yelled. Sam smiled. "Yup!" he said. "Why don't you make a fruit salad with all those fruits you found?" Sam said lying down. Lex nodded, and took out the papayas, guavas, pineapples, passion fruit, bananas and bread fruit she had found and worked on the salad. A few minutes later, Lex took out the bowl, and Sam and Lex shared it. "Yum, very good!" Sam said. He ruffled his hair. "Hmm, I think tomorrow we should go as far as we can into the island!" Lex said. Sam nodded. "Well.. how about we spend a day getting ready? We'll make sure we get enough sleep and make lunchboxes tomorrow, and we'll bring bottles of water." Sam said. Lex nodded. "Good idea. How about you just catch alot of fish? I think that'll keep us full." Lex said. Sam smiled, and nodded. "Okay, so tomorrow we get ready for our island expedition!" Sam said, he punched the air. Lex giggled. "Good night!" she said lying down in the leaves. Sam smiled, and looked at the ceiling. "Good night.." Sam said smiling faintly.

Last edited by xigbar; 07-21-2008 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Chapter 7! Maybe 8 today...?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
Nice story, I can't wait for more.

Roxas Rocks!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Zero

PirateMario is as Frosty as a Snowman
XD good job, Xig! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:28 AM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Keep Going Xigbar!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:33 AM
#1 fan of Xigbar ^.^
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Hehe, thank you everybody ^_^
Old 07-16-2008, 02:33 AM
rawr.

My Mood: Gloomy
Misskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I love it Xiggy! =D
Old 07-16-2008, 02:38 AM
.... -___-

My Mood: Snoozing
fantasylion is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Go, Xiggy, Gooo!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I scrolled over the title and read the prolouge, and was like, "OHMYGOSH!!! I HAS TO READ THIS!!!!"

5 stars!!! It's fantastic!!!!

.:Blue:.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:53 PM
#1 fan of Xigbar ^.^
Awards Showcase

Oh my.. thank you all so much! I feel like Tohru Honda ^_^"
Old 07-16-2008, 03:45 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I rated 5 stars!

LOVE IT!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
#1 fan of Xigbar ^.^
Awards Showcase

Chapter 3 is out! I hope you like it, the biggest chapter yet ^_^
Old 07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Be strong. Believe. ♥

SimbaRocks is spinning in a Cursed Storm
HOMG AWESOME. :O!!
MOAR!

xD
Old 07-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Zero

PirateMario is as Frosty as a Snowman
Woo! That last paragraph was great Xig! Keep it up!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:28 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase

LOVE CHAPTER 3! Here's some avatars and a signature I made ya!

Last edited by .:Blue:.; 07-23-2008 at 05:07 PM..
Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 PM
#1 fan of Xigbar ^.^
Awards Showcase

Wow! Thanks so much!