Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old VMKF Policy about online petitions

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:28 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Exclamation VMKF Policy about online petitions

Since the announcement about VMK's impending closure, there have been a number of posts linking to online petitions to get VMK to change their mind. While we understand everyone's desire to "do something", we have been closing these links for a variety of reasons.

We have found at least one petition that was actually harvesting email addresses and passwords. Others have advertised other sites, which is against our policies. Still others have advertising on the petition page which are not G-rated.

Therefore, in an effort to be fair, we are not allowing ANY links to external petition sites. We know some of these sites are fine, but given how many petitions are popping up, we simply do not have the time to sort through them all. If you run a petition site - you may contact the moderators directly to discuss your situation, but we do not see changing this policy for now.

Instead, we encourage all our members to contact Disney directly. We will be posting a list of addresses and other contact information, and we encourage our members to share their letters before they send them to help create well thought out and personal messages that may sway Disney's decision.

These are tough times for many of us, including the moderators. VMK has meant a lot to everyone, and we don't want to see the community created in VMK or in VMKF to fall apart. Please bear with us as we try to adapt to rapid changes, while still trying to protect all of our members. Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Thank you Admins and Mods for this new Policy. I can now have a break from seeing Petitions. If we want to do something either make a Petition Thread. Or you can contact Disney online services. Once again Thanks for the new policy!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
LostNDizzy

Marian1601 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Contact information for save VMK!

This is a great list to send SAVE VMK mail to!

Good luck all!

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, LLC
1375 E. Buena Vista Dr.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8402
+1-407-828-1750 (Phone)
407-934-8889 (Fax)

Walt Disney Internet Group
5161 Lankershim Blvd., 4th Fl.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
+1-818-623-3200 (Phone)
818-623-3577 (Fax)

Here are some email addresses of some departments and Disney BIG WIGS you can contact:

lane.merrifield@disney .com
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
aka big fish.i

PolarFish is as Frosty as a Snowman
ok, whatever, but I have better things to worry about right now. I see what you mean mods, it's just very tough on everyone, and it is frustrating when you are stopped in your tracks while trying to help. I believe there is a main petition, signed by over 150 people. I think this should be put in the news section, with the link (You can check it if you want, its safe), and keep that as the official VMKF petition. If we want VMK to stay open sending letters to Disney isn't going to get us very far. We need a petition!

Come on. Help us out!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
LostNDizzy

Marian1601 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
petitions

There are too petitions I have come across that are completely safe. One has more than 600 signatures on it already. I saw Host_Hula on it as well.

Keep surfing people and hope you find them!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Trader

cedog12 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian1601 View Post
There are too petitions I have come across that are completely safe. One has more than 600 signatures on it already. I saw Host_Hula on it as well.

omg hula? whoah i found one that is good

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-08-2008 at 09:51 PM..
Old 04-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 

acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian1601 View Post

I would like to see that. That person isn't Hula. Next time anyone sees HOST_Hula ask her if she signed a petition.
- acefredfred

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-08-2008 at 09:52 PM..
Old 04-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Trader

cedog12 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
I would like to see that. That person isn't Hula. Next time anyone sees HOST_Hula ask her if she signed a petition.
- acefredfred
i found one of lily too and i found a pic that says she signed a couple

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-08-2008 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
She has joined, take some time to look at the site instead of making assumptions. So have VMK_Wolf, and HOST_Lily. HOST_Lily has already confirmed being on the site. What VMK veteran (and belive me, these are the only people that joined this) would intentionally impersonate staff? Rethink your facts.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
I'll ask my aunt if she can help save vmk :P she works n WDW
Old 04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
A Silly Girl

My Mood: Dreamy
dreamytime is as Frosty as a Snowman
The site with listed done by a former CL and another, which has links to VMKF and 2 other wonderful fan sites, and endorsed by the 2 other sites, now has over 1475 names on the petition.
Way to go VMK'ers!!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:27 PM
▒▒▒▒STITCH'S #1 FAN▒▒▒▒▒

My Mood: AFK
Sdude ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!

DOESN't HARVEST EMAILS AND PASSWORDS IT HAS OVER
4500 SIGNATURES ALREADY

It says it was created by Mr. Lunatix
Old 04-08-2008, 09:46 PM
tiedyegirl 2007-2008
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

tiedyenaj is spinning in a Cursed Storm
the hosts feel as we do

the hosts are sad and do not know if they will have a job if vmk closes lilly said today i feel ill in my bell.i about vmk closing
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedog12 View Post
i found one of lily too and i found a pic that says she signed a couple
Let me see the pic. I will only agree with you if i see the pic.
- acefredfred
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
I signed petitions already.

I wish they would just listen, and they ARE G-Rated!!