Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Maple Story Question

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:08 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
Ok, so I tried the Mirror kind and it didn't work, so I just went back to the original download way instead. I'm currently at 17% and about 39 minutes remaining.
Seems like its working better, then.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:12 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
To me yes.

Current Progress: 35% with approx. 31 minutes left.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:14 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
To me yes.

Current Progress: 35% with approx. 31 minutes left.
Wow, that seems faster than it was for me...
Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Current Progress: 91% with approx. 4 minutes left.

Woot Finally I can play for once. But Ill probably have to get off the computer by the time it's done lol

Ok I need help! I got it downloaded and able to play, but my screen is saying "Cannot display this video mode" can someone please help so I can get it to show up?!?! Thanks!

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 05-06-2008 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: merged double post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:23 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Ok I need help! I got it downloaded and able to play, but my screen is saying "Cannot display this video mode" can someone please help so I can get it to show up?!?! Thanks!
Hmm... have you tried banging your head on the computer monitor?

No, no, don't do that, LOL.

Try posting your question on MapleStory Street. It is another forum run by Nick.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Divide by 0
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Tolerant
FoolsLove is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAcer
It takes a very long time to download and install, so make sure you have nothing running on your computer while it's downloading/installing. I'd read a book at your computer desk while you go through the installing process.
As long as you have a cable or DSL connection, it'll take one hour max. Even with a bogged down computer that has little room left on it. Few months ago I had to re-download it just cable, while basically having the entire computer space taken up, took me about 40 minutes to do so.

Quote:
It is entirely someone's opinion if it is more fun than VMK or not. I would say no, because I found it boring and tedious having to grind real-time. For example: RuneScape grinding is okay with me, since it does the work for me; but MapleStory is different since you have to be paying attention 100% of the time hitting ctrl each time you attack.
Control is not the only key you use to attack. You have your entire keyboard with the exception of the num pad to change around your key settings. I agree with you that grinding is boring, but it's definately better than having something else doing the leveling for you.

Quote:
You can chat, but NOT like VMK. When I played, people were saying some inappropriate things. I don't know if there are chat filters or not, but if there are, people can get around them. And that brings me to another point; it appears to be very easy to hack. Therefore I'm sure there is a much higher chance of being hacked than in VMK.
There is a filter, as I said in my previous post. Though as you said, it's very easy to bypass. It's nothing like the VMK or Toontown filter, since it's not run by Disney. So if anyone who reads this that doesn't play, be aware that you will run into people cursing in the game. If you're lucky, you won't see it too much. In my short time this year playing, I rarely saw it. Though not everyone is as lucky as me.

Quote:
You have a friends list. It would be hard to make friends when grinding since you wouldn't have time to type, though.
Over my 3 1/2 years of playing, I've made hundreds and hundreds of friends through my training and grinding.

Quote:
Not similar at all. Almost completely different, actually. The only point of the game is fighting, from what I saw. It is grinding, grinding, and more grinding. However, unlike some other grinding games (such as RuneScape or Oblivion), you only fight. No other skills to grind, so it gets boring very fast if you have low patience. The point of view is also different. You'll see what I mean from the screen shots of MS on Nexon's site.
As is every single other MMORPG. You have to have patience, and actually want and like MMORPGs.

As said by Astro in his last post, I'd suggest going to MapleStory Street. It's a forum run by Nick for MapleStory. We gladly help anyone who needs it.

Sig made by Fairy

Last edited by FoolsLove; 05-07-2008 at 06:14 AM..