Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Maple Story Question

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Maple Story Question

so a couple of my VMK friends told me to join this game and when I did a couple weeks ago, I didn't want to anymore because I saw that you had to download it and it took a long time to do so. So I think I might give it another chance but I had a couple questions about it. Is it as fun as VMK? Can you chat on it like VMK? Do you have friends lists? Can you trade on it? Like how similar is it to VMK? LOL thanks for all your help!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:25 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
I tried it. I didn't like it too much. VMK is much better. I don't think you can trade on it. It's graphics and stuff is different. VMK is a greater experience to me.
Hope this helps.

- Pink. :]
Old 05-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Divide by 0
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Tolerant
FoolsLove is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Download time is determined by your internet connection and how much space is actually left on your computer. It can take anywhere from 5 minutes to days.

Quote:
Is it as fun as VMK?
Honestly, I believe it's better. It all depends on your personal preferences, meaning what kind of games you like. MapleStory is the grinding, leveling up type of MMO. Which can get repetitive, but I found it fun for 3 1/2 years. There are even people who have played longer than me and still enjoy it.

Quote:
Can you chat on it like VMK?
Yes. There are a ton of ways to chat in this game. With a much shorter list of filtered words, since it's not actually run by Disney and is a higher G/PG Rated game.

To All - Only people within range of you(all the red dots on the mini map) can see this
Buddy - Only people on your buddy list can see this
Party - Only people your party can see this
Guild - Only people in your guild can see this
Spouse - Only the person you are married to can see this
Whisper - Only the person you are whispering to can see this
Megaphone - Only the people in the channel you are in can see this
Super Megaphone - Everyone in your server can see this
Rain effect - Only people on the map you're on can see this

Quote:
Can you trade on it?
Yes. Trading is a humungous part of this game. Without it, you wouldn't be able to get well scrolled(upgraded) equips and weapons.

Quote:
Like how similar is it to VMK?
It's not really. The only big similarity is that it's an MMO.

Sig made by Fairy
Old 05-05-2008, 10:53 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
OK Thanks so much for all your help! I think im going to go download it now.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:00 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
so a couple of my VMK friends told me to join this game and when I did a couple weeks ago, I didn't want to anymore because I saw that you had to download it and it took a long time to do so. So I think I might give it another chance but I had a couple questions about it. Is it as fun as VMK? Can you chat on it like VMK? Do you have friends lists? Can you trade on it? Like how similar is it to VMK? LOL thanks for all your help!
Just some more opinions...

It takes a very long time to download and install, so make sure you have nothing running on your computer while it's downloading/installing. I'd read a book at your computer desk while you go through the installing process.

It is entirely someone's opinion if it is more fun than VMK or not. I would say no, because I found it boring and tedious having to grind real-time. For example: RuneScape grinding is okay with me, since it does the work for me; but MapleStory is different since you have to be paying attention 100% of the time hitting ctrl each time you attack.

You can chat, but NOT like VMK. When I played, people were saying some inappropriate things. I don't know if there are chat filters or not, but if there are, people can get around them. And that brings me to another point; it appears to be very easy to hack. Therefore I'm sure there is a much higher chance of being hacked than in VMK.

You have a friends list. It would be hard to make friends when grinding since you wouldn't have time to type, though.

Yeah, you can trade on it. You can also trade money (mesos).

Not similar at all. Almost completely different, actually. The only point of the game is fighting, from what I saw. It is grinding, grinding, and more grinding. However, unlike some other grinding games (such as RuneScape or Oblivion), you only fight. No other skills to grind, so it gets boring very fast if you have low patience. The point of view is also different. You'll see what I mean from the screen shots of MS on Nexon's site.

I'm sure others can help you out, but just giving my first take on the game. I thought you may want an opinion from another newb to the game. I only played it for a couple of hours, if that. I don't plan on becoming a regular player of MS, but my brother is becoming addicted so I'll play just to chill out with him.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:04 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

Ok, so I went to go download it, and then I canceled the download after it got to almost an hour and it was at 13%.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: VMK
punkpat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hmm what connection to internet do u have?
Old 05-06-2008, 01:11 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkpat View Post
hmm what connection to internet do u have?
firefox. And my computer isn't even slow. We recently just got a new hard drive with everything cleared off so it's fast. I only have 10.6 GB used out of about 75 GB.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:15 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
firefox. And my computer isn't even slow. We recently just got a new hard drive with everything cleared off so it's fast. I only have 10.6 GB used out of about 75 GB.
Firefox would be your internet browser. Your connection is how your computer is physically connected to the internet. Dial-up, Cable, DSL, and T1 are some examples of internet connections.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
You can chat in it but its not censored. but its a fun game.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:44 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAcer View Post
Firefox would be your internet browser. Your connection is how your computer is physically connected to the internet. Dial-up, Cable, DSL, and T1 are some examples of internet connections.
Hmmm, not sure but we have comcast as our internet. Is that what you mean?
Old 05-06-2008, 01:47 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Hmmm, not sure but we have comcast as our internet. Is that what you mean?
Yeah, I believe that Comcast is cable, but I'm not sure. If it took that slow to download, MAKE SURE that the download is the ONLY thing happening on the computer. If it is still crawling at an incredibly slow speed, try downloading from a mirror or something.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

Well, I did have the internet open while I was downloading it. I guess Ill go try it again.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:59 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Well, I did have the internet open while I was downloading it. I guess Ill go try it again.
That may help, lol. My brother tried downloading it on my computer and it was running at around the same speed you had mentioned. I think it was because he was using firefox at the same time.

But, if it still is sluggish, then leave it up overnight. That should do the trick.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:03 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

Ok, so I tried the Mirror kind and it didn't work, so I just went back to the original download way instead. I'm currently at 17% and about 39 minutes remaining.