Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Art Shops

Art Shops Whether you are looking for some art to be created or creating art for other people, this is the place for you.

Old Disney CCG (Card Game)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 PM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Artistic
VMKKwaiChangCaine is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney CCG (Card Game)

In the forums sometime ago I suggested for interest a possible disney card game based on licenses from the different disney parks scattered across the globe. I have been working with a team to get the game mechanics down and an official business report to submit to Disney for the possibility of this game to be created with official ties to the Walt Disney Co. and sold in the parks.

The game consists of you and your opponent(s) creating your own theme park with Disney attractions, entertainments shows, etc.... The goal is to get a certain number of guests before your opponent, and if you run out of funds you loose the game. (There are alternative win conditions, but we won't get into those now) There are alot more mechanics but thats the goal.

Is anyone out here interested in being beta-testers for the card game so we can more finally tune the mechanics before presenting it to Disney?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh cool! i love card games! And LOVE Disney stuff! Make it all together u will have me explode with joy

Ill be happy to be a beta tester
Old 07-10-2009, 11:06 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
This is a great idea, I'd be happy to be a beta tester.

.:Blue:.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Great to hear Abrahamman and Blue, I am just working with my team to finalize two starter decks, and once they are finalized I will contact you both so you can print them out and try the game. Also if you have any questions about the game or ideas of things you would like to see, let us know by posting here.

I was PM'd by a couple people, anyone can still post if they wish to take part in the mechanics testing.

Last edited by EtnaGreen; 07-13-2009 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Multiple Posting
Old 07-12-2009, 03:28 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Oooooh, I wanna try

Old 07-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh cool! can i play with my friends and let them know about the game? or should i only play with a familiy member whn i get ur pm?
Old 07-12-2009, 03:10 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMKKwaiChangCaine View Post
Great to hear Abrahamman and Blue, I am just working with my team to finalize two starter decks, and once they are finalized I will contact you both so you can print them out and try the game. Also if you have any questions about the game or ideas of things you would like to see, let us know by posting here.
OK! This is gonna be great.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:13 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
Sure, I'll try!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:06 PM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
By all means when we have the cards ready for you to play with, play with your friends, the idea is to get the major mechanics worked out. Again this is not official, until we have put in the buisness plan to Disney, but we want to make sure players enjoy the game before we go to them. Sly and Buzz have been added to the list, we should have things ready within a week or so. Let me know if you have any idea we could try incorporating. Look forward to talking to you all soon.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:05 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Oooh, me me me me! *raises hand really high*

And good thing you caught me right after I got a new printer.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:49 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Ok you have been added GoodPolar Girl you have been added to the list.

Also as we are finishing up our test decks we thought we would give you some information about the game to tease your interest until the PDF's are finished. You and your opponent will be building a custom version of a Disney theme park. Each player has their own decks, but plays in a common area. So you have to be-careful and be thinking ahead of your opponent, because each card earn's one time bonuses from nearby cards when you lay them down. Don't worry there isn't alot of math work to keep track of. We wanted to make sure the gameplay had strategy but didn't require you to pull out a calculator or pen and pencil, a couple dice will do.

In addition to the Building Zone where the park is constructed, you can play events, cast members, and even dining items to enhance the bonuses the cards you lay down will receive. Unlike common bonuses from cards your place in the Building Zone, most of the events, cast members, etc... will only grant you bonuses or abilities.

Anyway more information later, feel free to comment.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
If it is in anyway possible, I would love to test this.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:32 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Ok your added to the list to bluedudeman, people keep submitting if you want to be a part of beta, and please feel free to comment or talk about things you would like to see or experience in a Disneyland CCG.

Another tidbit to give you after getting some questions. We were asked if the turn is static, meaning you don't have any options to effect your opponent when its not your turn. There are interrupts which can be played during either players turn, as well as effects from events and other cards which can be triggered during your opponents turn as well. An example of an interrupt include a card like Mechanical Breakdown which prevents an attraction from being scored and its bonuses from being scored, and its abilities (if any) from being used.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 27

Matterz has disabled reputation
Sounds interesting, I'd like to sign up for the beta phase of the game...
Old 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Ok Matterz you have been added to the list. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lets talk about cast members. Cast members come in two types generic and iconic. Generic cast members are jobs like a tour guide, hostess, janitor, etc.... Each bring their own set of skills to you side of the table and allow you to play or defend against cards requiring specific skills. Iconic cast members include people like Walt Disney or Julie Rehm the first Disney Ambassador. Cast members are just another way you can customize your deck for a variety of strategies.