Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old I Bring You, The Kingdom Keepers 3 Cover!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:03 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I Bring You, The Kingdom Keepers 3 Cover!

In celebration of my 205th thread (lol), I am proud to bring you guys the cover of Kingdom Keepers 3!

Ridley has said that this is not completed all the way, just a rough draft mainly, and it will go into color when it is completed.

Quote from Ridley:
Here's the new KK3 Disney In Shadow cover art. It's a draft only. Color to come!
Enjoy, and tell me what you think!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/imag...8e6310e47c.jpg

Sorry, I tried to post it as a picture, but it wasn't really showing up on my computer, so I'm not sure if it was working or not.

So what do you guys think about it so far?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:20 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
I can't see it.
Edit: I found it and rehosted it to Fileave.
http://buzzboy133.fileave.com/KK3-sk...est-704019.jpg

I don't really like the giant snake.
They should really make it more cartoon-ish.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
I can't see it.
Edit: I found it and rehosted it to Fileave.
http://buzzboy133.fileave.com/KK3-sk...est-704019.jpg

I don't really like the giant snake.
They should really make it more cartoon-ish.
I think it looks cartoon-ish already... it looks like a cut out haha. I don't know, it's just a draft so I'm hoping they change it :-P
Old 08-07-2009, 03:07 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
The snake looks 3D-ish.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yes but to me the person on the snake (Finn?) looks like a cut-out and the people behind him look like a cartoon too haha
Old 08-07-2009, 03:24 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Yeah, Finn, Amanda, and Jez look like cut-outs.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:30 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I also dislike the fact that they just had a huge book that had to do with animals and now there's a snake on the cover >_<
Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Eh, I don't care too much for it. Putting something that creepy on the cover really isn't the best way to attract it's target audience.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:58 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Some people think the snake is Jafar.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
So this one is at Epcot? I am hoping the next one will be the cruises, then DLR, then Hollywood Sudios (assuming it goes to the 6th book.) I'm thinking Jafar will be the main villain in this one, judging by the snake, unless this book combines Kingdom Keepers and Harry Potter and it's Voldemort's snake (rofl, I'd like to see that happen...)
Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Ridley plans on five books, this one is based in HS and Epcot I believe.
The last one will have the input of the fans and their ideas in it.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
To be honest, as long as the story is awesome, the cover could be blank for all I care! XD

But, I guess for advertisement and attraction reasoning, I think Finn should be a little more noticable than the snake. Otherwise people might think, "Oh no, they're a bunch of Slytherins who think they can speak Parseltongue. Watch out for You-Know-Who." jk.

But seriously, I agree that it should be a little more cartoony, cuz right now it looks like a pop-up story book. And if Finn's glowing cuz he's in his hologram form, he should look a little more see-through. OR.....they could just leave it blank! lol
Old 08-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Yes as BuzzBoy says I think this is set in HS and Epcot, 4th on the cruise lines (he said somewhere he wanted to do something on the cruise lines) and the 5th he thinks he wants to leave some parts of it (not everything) to the fans. I think that's a bad idea, but i'm not the author
Old 08-07-2009, 02:45 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Ah, Epcot. Snakes are Indian/Middle Eastern
Aladdin is Middle Eastern.
I don't know, maybe the plot has something to do with Aladdin. Just a speculation.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
A bit off topic: I don't think he should put some things up to the fans in the fifth book. It would make it a bit predictable.

Back on topic: I agree. They look like cut-outs.