Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old VMK Forums Guide

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Bah humbug!

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Angelic
Becky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
VMK Forums Guide

[WORKING ON A REVAMP. MEANWHILE, CHECK THE WIKI GUIDE HERE. THANKS! -BECKY (12.14.07)]

A guide to VMK Forums for the new members. If there's something in here that I didn't include that you would like information on, or I have given incorrect information, please private message me or post here. Thank you and enjoy!

This what what the toolbar in the upper part of this screen and every screen on the Forums says.

To register, click the button that I have highlighted in red.

Let me explain the toolbar options to you:

Whenever you want to go into "forum view", just click the "Forums" button that I highlighted in red. Note: Although it isn't highlighted, if you would like to go to main page view (vmkforums.com), then you can click the "Home" button, located to the left of the Forums button.

This is the "VMKForums Gallery". I will explain later on what exactly the gallery is.

This is the "VMKForums Arcade". I will explain later on what it is.

This is the "User CP" button. I will explain later on what you can do there, and how everything there works.

This is the "Members" button. I will explain later what exactly you can do where the button leads to.

This is the "FAQ" Button. Here you can view various FAQ'S (Frequently Asked Questions) and their answers. It will be useful if there's something about the forum there that I didn't include in this thread.

The last button is the "Search" button. There you can search the forums for a certain keyword, posts/threads of a certain person, etc. If you ever are looking for something that you can't find, the Search button is your friend =).

--

Forum View:

--

Let me explain what the forums on VMKForums mean:

VMKForums:
This group of forums is related to VMKForums.

News Articles:
In this forum, you usually only post here to announce big changes or events happening on VMK for these threads appear on the front page of VMK Forums. To note, you cannot post in this forum. Forum Moderators must move your thread here for it to be here.
News Archive:
This forum is for old news threads that were moved here.

Greetings and Goodbyes:
In this forum, you can post a thread about your leaving VMK (or VMKForums), or your joining of VMK (or VMKForums). As with all meetings, there will always partings!
Greetings and Goodbyes Forum Archive
This forum is for old hello or goodbye threads that were moved here.

Polls & Surveys:
This is the forum for discussions about VMK/Disney that don't fit in any other forum.

Fan Forum:
This is the forum for discussions about VMK/Disney that don't fit in any other forum.

VMKF Arcade:
This forum is for discussion of the VMKForums Arcade.

Polls and Surveys:
In this forum, you can create a poll or survey about VMK or another topic and post it in a thread, or you can participate in a survey or poll.

Site Feedback:
In this forum, you can post comments about VMKForums, how to improve, etc. stuff along those lines.

VMK Players Discussion:
A forum for you to discuss anything VMK-related.

VMK Events:
A forum for the discussion of VMK Events and host games.

Collector Items:
This forum is for the discussion and posting of information about the special items found in VMK such as the pins, badges, clothes, furniture, etc.

Trading Post:
PLEASE NOTE: You must apply for membership to POST in this forum! Please see the Group Memberships section under User CP for more information. This forum is for asking what an item(items) is worth, looking for certain items, and for selling certain items.
Subforums:
  • The Price is Right (Note: You do not need to be a member of Trader Mick's to post in this subforum. Thanks for the information, Shorts!)
  • Wanted Trades
  • I Have to Trade..

Guest Rooms:
This forum is for the discussion and posting of yours, others', and official Staff guest rooms.

Player Created Mini Games:
This is quite self-explainable. In this forum you post mini-games you have come up with for your guest room on VMK.

VMK Mini-Games:
A forum for the discussion and posting of the instructions, rules, strategies, and tactics for the official VMK Mini-Games.

In-Park Quests:
This thread is for the discussion of the virtual in-park quests (I.E. Hidden Mickey Quest). The discussion of the real-life in-park quests should be conducted in the Magic Kingdoms forum.

Virtual Guides & Help Info:
This forum is for the discussion and posting of helpful guides about VMK. No spoilers are allowed in this forum

A Bug's Life:
Post here about new bugs of VMK that have arised.
Sub-Forum:
  • Bug Guts:
    • This forum is for posts moved here due to them being fixed or you can post here that a bug of some kind was fixed.

Off-Topic:
Anything off-topic that is not related to VMK or VMKForums. For instance, any games that you have come up with, but those games should not be spam posting games .

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (Wiki):
This forum is for the discussion of VMKForums and TTC's collaberation, Disneys Online Worlds. It is a guide about all things Disney such as Toontown and the Virtual Magic Kingdom. It also includes helpful information about this forum such as The Rules !

Other Games:
This forum is for the discussion of other games (MUST BE G-RATED).
  • Toontown Online:
    • This is an online game created by Disney where you can create a "toon" and battle "cogs".
  • Other Disney/Pixar Games:
    • This is for the discussion of other Disney/Pixar games.
  • Other G Rated Games:
    • This is for the discussion of other G-rated games other than Disney/Pixar Games and Toontown.

Disney Gossip:
This forum is for the discussion of "gossip" about Disney and VMK-related topics.

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars:
As the information says under the forum, you can view/make movie productions, artwork, animations, sounds and other creative things to do with Disney and VMK.

User / Member Pages:
In this forum, you can talk about your user/member page, ask others for their opinions, ask for others' help, and give help to others on their user/member page.

Clans/Clubs/Groups:
This is the forum for creating/joining any clans, clubs, or groups.

Activities:
This forum has gaming threads and other threads to give bored users something to do (so that they don't spam the forum !).

Computer Technical Support:
This forum is for general and VMK-related software and hardware support. It also includes recommendations, reviews, etc.[/B]

RPG:
This forum is for creating, posting, or viewing threads/posts about role playing games (RPG's).

Secrets of the VMK:
This forum is for the posting and discussion of the "secrets" of VMK. Pretty self-explanatory, huh?
  • Secret Codes

VMK Pal:
This forum is for the discussion and support of the third party program, VMK Pal.

Rants:
You must be a member of the Ranters group to post here, please go down to find out how to join the group.
  • The Glue Factory

Disney Channel Fan Club
This is the exciting fan club that you can join for Disney Channel!!
  • Sign in here!
  • Disney Classic Films
  • Disney Live
  • Cartoon Disney
  • DCOM Debate
  • Disney Promos
  • The Tween Years
  • The Vintage Years
  • Artista!
  • Future Shows
  • DC Trivia
  • Cancelled?!
  • Suggestions

Stats View:

Well, a brand new section I'm about to tell you about. These are the "stats" below the forum view on the Forum Main Page.

What's Going On?
This section's sections tell you about different statistics.

Currently Active Users:
The currently active users tells you everyone who is online at that moment. Regular members are in black text, hall of fame users are in light blue, mini-moderators are in pink, normal moderators are in pink italics, super moderators are in pink, admins are in bold pink, and trivia winners are usually in a purple or green color. Note: See Forum Leaders for more information on each moderator's username color.

Fansite Statistics:
This tells you the current number of threads, posts, and members on VMKForums as well as the newest member to register.

Today's Birthdays:
The today's birthdays section tells you everyone that is having a birthday that day (as long as they have opted to display their birthday on their profile). It will display the age someone is turning if that person has also enabled their birth year to be shown in their profile.

Today's Events:
This section tells you all the events written on the calendar for that day.

Having a Signature:

[IMG]http://img.****************/albums/v220/Firstpcs/tutorial4.gif[/IMG]
If you didn't joined VMK Forums before June 28, 2005 at 8:22 AM Central Daylight Time, or did not have a signature before then, you will have to purchase the signature subscription. To learn how to edit your signature go here and to learn how to edit your avatar go here

[IMG]http://img.****************/albums/v220/Firstpcs/tutorial5.gif[/IMG]
To join any of the forums you can't see that I have shown you on the forum view, go to your group memberships in your control panel and click "'join group" beside the information for the Ranters group, then you'll be able to post at that forum unless it is a group that you must be approved by a moderator to be accepted.

[IMG]http://img.****************/albums/v220/Firstpcs/tutorial6.gif[/IMG]
After joining any of the forums you can't see that I have shown you on the forum view, go to your group memberships section. It will look like this.

As a reminder, instead of posting to correct yourself, and instead of replying to yourself, you can use the 'edit' button found on the bottom of your post.

You can reply to someone and quote what they said by clicking the 'quote' button near the bottom of their post after their signature.

You can click this button on a post near the bottom, at the end, to go down to the bottom of the page you're on and reply without going to a whole new page to reply to someone.

Finally, you can make a thread by clicking that button at the top left corner of the forums' page.

How to make a poll:

[IMG]http://img.****************/albums/v220/Firstpcs/poll1.gif[/IMG]
.. After you do all that, click:
[IMG]http://img.****************/albums/v220/Firstpcs/poll2.gif[/IMG]
.. Next it will take you to this step:
[IMG]http://img.****************/albums/v220/Firstpcs/poll4.gif[/IMG]
.. And after you do that step, press this:
[IMG]http://img.****************/albums/v220/Firstpcs/poll3.gif[/IMG]

I hope you have found my guide helpful! I will edit and/or add more to it if you so specify.

Thanks,
Becky

EDIT: Sorry if 2 of the images are a 'little' too big xD
EDIT 2: I corrected some typos and stuffies, I don't know about my grammatical mistakes though xD
EDIT 3: Added how to make a poll.
EDIT 4: Before the edit is put in, I'd like to say I'll be updating this guide due to the forum update.
EDIT 5: I corrected my horrible grammar.
EDIT 6, 9/05/06: Total revamp in progress. Next update will announce completion, and if another update after that, it's grammatical errors, editing, etc. stuff.
EDIT 7, 9/05/06: THAT'S IT! GO BECKY! 3 HOURS AND SHE TOTALLY REVAMPED IT! Woot WOOT!! Go Becky =D. Well anyway, it's completely revamped. If you still have a question that I have not answered, please, PLEASE, post it =).
EDIT 8, 06/09/07: Working on another revamp! This is starting point at 12:23 PM CST. Let's see what happens. -Added Forum View and Below Forum View of Stats-
EDIT 9, 12/14/07: Yes, I'm hoping to revamp it again. I know I'm a huge procrastinator. Sorry!

-Becky

--
Need some help? Check out my VMKF
Guide on this site or on the wiki!
Still in progress, but it will help you out!

Last edited by Becky; 12-14-2007 at 06:11 PM..
Old 07-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Keep safe.

Mickey_Dude is as Frosty as a Snowman
good post!awesome info
Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Bah humbug!

Becky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
thanks and np, so all the information is correct? I just want to make sure i don't give the wrong information.

--
Old 07-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Keep safe.

Mickey_Dude is as Frosty as a Snowman
uh what is the ranters group is it free?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Bah humbug!

it's free yes, i posted on how to join it, and i just fixed the image problem xD

--
Old 07-18-2005, 10:10 PM
1 1337 pwn3r

Kool_Dawg is spinning in a Cursed Storm
this should be a sticky
Old 07-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Bah humbug!

u think so?! I've never been a sticky b4 xD

--
Old 07-20-2005, 03:49 AM
kingdom hearts super fan!

My Mood: Fluffy
krazymic ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
yea i loved it but..u never said how to start a new post since im new i want to know how!!

http://www.vmk.com

i dunno i just felt like doing something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vmkLogoSmall.jpg (3.9 KB, 1348 views)

Last edited by Batleth; 11-21-2005 at 10:39 AM..
Old 07-20-2005, 04:11 AM

Jess is floating through Inner Space
VMK Forums for Dummies!
By Becky.

This is amazing. I would have never had the patience to do all that. I would have given up at "Now find the 'forums' button and click it".

Old 08-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Bah humbug!

LOL. The New Topic button is when ur viewing a forum above the threads, on the left, is the ' new thread ' button..

Thanks for the sticky mods! Who stickied it?

In other updates, I added how to make a poll everyone, so please read if you don't know how to make a poll!

--
Old 08-11-2005, 06:18 AM
Joined VMK: 6/7/05

DarthTimmy is as Frosty as a Snowman
Becky, that must of took you hours to do.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Bah humbug!

Sure Caterpillar_AEIOU, I'd be glad to. But let me try here. When in a forum on vmk forums, in the upper left above the threads and stickied threads, there's a button(blueish) that says "Post New Thread".

Actually, DarthTimmy, it took an hour or two, and was also multi-tasking.

--
Old 08-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Custom User Title =/.

RikuBlade has turned into a sparkling Pirate!RikuBlade has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Whoa that must have taken forever! Good job though
Old 08-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Bah humbug!

Thanks for saying so, RikuBlade. At one point in doing it, I got bored, but I finished

--
Old 09-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Eric - vmk name ewoyo

ewoyo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Smile thank you

thank you much