Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Save VMK!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Gloomy
Comicsponge is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Save VMK!

This has been posted on 12 different forums, and I would like to quote a few people right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRocket

Hello guys, I've been thinking lately. I want Virtual Magic Kingdom back. I'm not sure if any of you do or not. I think we can save VMK, I really truley do. You may be over the Kingdom by now, you may think you are too "cool" or to old. Well, if you are too "cool" to play VMK, are you too cool to go to the Disney Parks? Virtual Magic Kingdom was a wonderful thing, it doesn't matter if you disagree, it was. Without VMK, you wouldn't have met most of your online friends. VMK was a safe enviroment where you could talk to others in a safe enviroment. I've never seen a game so safe in my life. It was a place you could go to Disney for free at your home. I really want to make VMK come back, more than anything. It meant so much to me and to see everyone just give up trying to save it breaks my heart. VMK wasn't a game or a promotion in my eyes, it was a home.

Now, I think we should all come together and try to save it. We've tried making remakes of it, that doesn't work. It's proabably easier to get VMK back from Disney than try to make your own exact VMK remake. I'm sure some of you are going to say, "just get over it." No. I'm not going to get over it, why can't you just understand it meant alot to me. Why can't you just help us save it? The more people we get the better chance we have at making it return. This isn't going to work without everyones help. So please, help me save VMK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill
There is a reason that we are in this movement. And most of us aren't in it just to get our beloved game back. Personally, I could live without playing VMK again. But the thing is, bringing back VMK proves a point. It shows that us kids can make a difference in the world. Once we all know that, more kids will take a stand to make changes to the world. We will be the people tasked with cleaning up the aftermath of the economic disaster we are in right now. We will most likely be tasked with cleaning up the environment. If kids think that they can't do anything, the world will not be such a great place once we are older.
While VMK was a great game, saving it does more than bring a game back. And it's for that reason that I kindly ask you to take a moment and think about why you put down the save VMK movement. It's not just a game anymore. Now it's time to get over our past failures and do something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill
1. Bring ***** back to massive popularity. By doing this, the people who "got over it" might just realize exactly what they're missing by not joining the movement again.
2. Network out movement. At this point in time, I have a way to do this, though under construction, I would like to gather our movement there and continue recruiting.
3. Start up a petition to show demand, start emailing.
Are you in?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:05 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
I'm already in on the network. (Been moderating the hub)
So yeah, I'm in.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
My Mood: VMK
LuckyJazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK isn't coming back.

Give it a year or so until everyone realizes it.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I don't believe VMK is coming back, therefore I am not "in" on saving it.

Loved the game, I would play it again but I feel it's past saving.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
When will this ever die? It's been almost a year and a half. We tried to save it, we failed. End of story. No need to keep trying.

Where have I been? I was marching a World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I toured the country all summer. Pacific Crest 2010.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovysqirrel View Post
When will this ever die? It's been almost a year and a half. We tried to save it, we failed. End of story. No need to keep trying.
If there's anything the arcade ever taught me, it's that if you want to see something through to the end, you should expect to fail. A lot. But whenever that happens, you've just gotta shove in another quarter and pick yourself back up.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:29 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
i don't think it'll come back... maybe if there's another disney promotion whatever thing

but..
WAHHH I WANT IT TO COME BACK

i don't think trying would really make much of a difference though, unfortunately.
we've..... already done like, everything

but it can't hurt to
8D

Old 08-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
i don't think trying would really make much of a difference though, unfortunately.
we've..... already done like, everything
Then we can do, like, everything again.

I'm probably pretty dumb for not realizing it earlier on in the game, but VMK would have never re-opened that first year after it closed. Why? Because it would have made Disney seem unsure of their decisions, and would have put off some of their stockholders.

Now that VMK is pretty much forgotten, however... Who knows?

Old 08-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovysqirrel View Post
No need to keep trying? Despite whether you support the save vmk movement, to tell someone to stop doing something they believe is harsh for the lack of a better word. We failed? After vmk closed thousands of emails, letters, phone calls, etc. were sent to Disney, and we received several responses from Disney. If you ask me that is not a failure. A failure is when every last person stops trying.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:34 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
illy......
that makes sense.
LOL

why would a game open up again right after it closed?
:O

.......................... YOU HAVE GIVEN ME MORE HOPE
- triumphant music plays -
rofl

Old 08-23-2009, 02:07 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
Then we can do, like, everything again.

I'm probably pretty dumb for not realizing it earlier on in the game, but VMK would have never re-opened that first year after it closed. Why? Because it would have made Disney seem unsure of their decisions, and would have put off some of their stockholders.

Now that VMK is pretty much forgotten, however... Who knows?
I feel like a little fanboy toward you now.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:15 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

LOL let's make a fanclub for him

BEST SAVE VMKER EVER
rofl

Old 08-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
I feel like a little fanboy toward you now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
LOL let's make a fanclub for him

BEST SAVE VMKER EVER
rofl
My ego doesn't need to be inflated more than it already is, guys. :P

Old 08-23-2009, 02:29 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
*quickly removes ego pump*
Eh...heh.
Anyways, I do believe that VMK can come back if we are willing to devote time to emailing the Disney team, etc.

~Key
Old 08-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's 

My Mood: Snow!
AwsomeAdrienne is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As much as I'd love to have VMK back, I think it's way past saving.. But good luck to those who will try. (: