Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Disneyland

Disneyland The first, the best? At least the furthest west!

Old Disneyland tips?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:12 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
Disneyland tips?

I will be going to Disneyland soon, we will have 3 days in the parks, and we have park-hoppers. Any tips? We've been to Disneyland couple times, one time a couple years ago. Any advice for seeing World of Color, any fastpass tips, best times to try a ride? Also, we will have 2 days we are not in the parks, any advice for possible bad/good times to be in Downtown Disney? Any times when the parks empty out a little? Would like to see as much as possible in the amount of time we have there, and do it in a less tiring manner than randomly running about.

Thanks!

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008

Last edited by Brain; 04-04-2011 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: Removed Hotel Name
Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Well I personally don't recommend the submarine nemo ride. Why? Well, a perfectly dry submarine ride turned into Splash Mountain for me. The people forgot to secure the hatch and when we went under the waterfall, DIRTY water came gushing in on top of me because lucky me, I was sitting next to the stairs. My hair and clothing was filthy with dirt. I mean, I was leaving only an hour later to head off to my cruise ship so I had to rush back to the hotel (luckily across the street) and shower. We didn't even have time to complain because of our time restrictions.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Do not go on the nemo submarine ride.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
Space Mountain and Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion are the best rides there. Go ride em' first. End of discussion.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Bahahaha
king lurker is as Frosty as a Snowman
My best tip is to learn how to use the fastpass system.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:25 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

Alright...

We've only used the fastpass system once, for Splash Mountain, because there was seriously like a 2 hour wait. Anyone have any tips for using the fastpass system to get into rides fast? I REALLY do not like standing in line for 2 hours, actually got yelled at once by a cast member for leaning on the railing in the line for Grizzly River Run.... heh. 6 hours in the park+just after eating= tired.

I kinda liked the Nemo submarines when I went on them a couple years ago, but the line is SO long, not sure if I want to go on it again.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's 

Fastpass tips.....

1. The Time on Fastpass means nothing...only date. You have to enter the Fastpass line anytime after your window. So let’s say you have a space mountain for 11am to 12 and you can still use it at 8pm.....

2. Less time between getting a new fastpass times in the early am...so worst case is you can get a new pass every 2 hours.

3. This is my route for my day (get you’re walking shoes ready)

Rope drop...yep 8am....Disney

Get fast pass for space and ride space at same time.

Go on sub and then get fastpass for Atopia

Go and get fastpass for Indy and ride pirates and haunted mansion

Get fast pass for Thunder Mountain

For those of you scoring from home at this point in the day it should be about 1pm and I have 4 fastpasses.

It is time to get some food and relax because if it is on a weekend there should now be a lot of people

Fast pass in hand Space, thunder, indy, atopia.

Might get Fastpass for splash but by this time is will be a come back time around 8pm

The rest of the day you can do what you want.

don’t let the line of materhorne scare you…it can rap around the whole moutain and only be a 30 min wait

Before you leave if you have extra fastpass find someone to give to...Its makes there day

I will watch this thread for the next few days to see if you have anymore questions
Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase

Interesting, we might have to adjust the fastpass timing a little, we're definitely not going to be in the parks the minute they open, heh.

A few more questions:

1. Any advice for seeing World of Color? This is definitely something we'll be seeing. It was still under construction when we went last.
2. Any tips for Downtown Disney shopping times? I was wondering if there's times when it's super crowded, and you do not want to be there, or if there's times when it's less crowded.
3. Any good times to try Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, the Sun Wheel, (It'll always be the Sun Wheel to me, that's what it was when I went on it last,) and California Screamin'? I love all of these, but don't like the lines. Any times when the lines are shorter?

Thanks for all the help!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

World of color fastpass is at the grizly river ride.... it allows you to stand in one of the sections

Shoping open in most places till 11pm

mania and sun wheel have no fastpass and on most weekend days are 45 min

tower is somthing I get a fastpass to....watch Aladin then by the time it is done it is time to use the fastpass

California Screamin is a fast wait with a long line....even if the que is long it is a 35 min wait....once again get the fast pass and get in line for mania and you will be all set

Shoping hint...Would of Disney is great in the early am...but any time after 11am and it is packed with people
Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase

Thanks for all the tips! I think that's all I needed answers for at the moment, thanks again!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolisprout View Post
Thanks for all the tips! I think that's all I needed answers for at the moment, thanks again!
Don't forget to get the front side viewing for World of Color, you must have the World of Color Fastpass (as my friend who recently went there told me). The only other way is by buying a dinner package or box lunch package.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco