Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & VMK Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old Anti-virus other threats software?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thumbs down Anti-virus other threats software?

Well last night I was doing some downloading. This morning I logged on to my other PC and my spyware protector demo came up saying I had 37 threats to my computer. I ran Malwarebytes and about 10 of them were removed. I also have McAfee which said it removed three trojans. I have a scan for the Conficker virus and I don't have that. I also have a scan running from microsoft running which hasn't picked anything up yet and it's almost done. but then what happened to the 24 other threats spybot found? I've had the scans going for almost three hours now and thats all that was found and deleted. Are the 24 others that spyware Protection found not real or where the not picked up? I also deleted the softwares I downloaded last night completely off the computer. Are there any free program suggestions that anyone has? Also do you know what may be wrong with my computer.

*For a short time untill malwarebytes deleted the 10 Trojans the Microsoft downloads website was completely blocked from my internet. with a forbiden 404 error*

Last edited by awsomered; 04-07-2009 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: sorry Not spybot, Spyware Protection 2009
Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I use AVG, but avast works good too. Get the free AVG, it has a toolbar and whatever you search with it is scanned for viruses. So sites with that don't even show up when searching. I did an experiment to prove this, this thing called Zango I downloaded tried to give me a Trojan, so I searched Zango in the AVG search and it didn't even show up. So I tried a normal search and it had the "Dangerous Downloads" warning under it. If you don't wanna use that then Avast! works well. Saved me from the Zango Trojan and another Trojan. Both of which scan your computer. And there is an Avast! cleaner tool you can download too. But DO NOT EVER have 2 anivirus softwares installed at once, last Tuesday I had downloaded AVG while I still had Avast! so the next day (you know with all the viruses going around) I tried to get on and it went super slow, I thought I had a virus! LOL. SO I removed avast! and it has been working fine since.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ok thanks for the suggestions
Old 04-08-2009, 02:47 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'd recommend Kaspersky. It's easy to use and really good.

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_phoenix View Post
I'd recommend Kaspersky. It's easy to use and really good.
Same. Kaspersky is probably the best Virus Protection out there but if your looking for decent protection that dosen't cost anything, AVG is what you'd want to get.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
If you know how, you can do system recovery and "go back in time" to when you don't have any viruses.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: SaveVMK
starwolf97 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Get Avast Antivirus Free Edition and try a boot scan. It scans everything before Windows boots up, allowing it to find sneaky spyware and other threats before they sneak into your system. You can also try looking at some malicious processes going on. Right click your start menu and click Task Manager to view all the processes. Then you have to google all of those processes to make sure that they're all ok. If you don't want to look all of them up, try downloading a program called WinUtilities, Free Edition. It scans all of your processes and tells you automatically if they are safe or malicious.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: VMK
punkpat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I recommend you download the trial of Kaspersky, and later buy it at http://usa.kaspersky.com/

As others have said in this thread, it is probably the best anti-malware product out there.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: SaveVMK
starwolf97 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You can also see many reviews on great other security tools such as antivirus and anti-malware at:

http://download.cnet.com/windows/ant...Name%3DFree%7C
Old 05-08-2011, 03:19 AM
VMK Pirate

Goldhunt is spinning in a Cursed Storm
EDIT: JUST REALIZED HOW OLD THIS THREAD IS. PROBABLY NOT AN ISSUE ANYMORE, DON'T YOU THINK?

First of all you are doing a great job using MalwareBytes! It's a great program and I can't tell you how much help it has been in removing unwanted junk from family members' computers.

As far as a free antivirus, I recommend AVAST! Antivirus Free edition. In addition to scanning the PC for viruses, it has several real time shields that prevent malicious files from being downloaded in the first place. Included is a file system sheild, web shield, network shield, and P2P shield to name a few. Avast also offers the ability to virtualize processes, hence shielding the rest of the system from potential damage.

Definitely check it out! It even talks to you! :O