Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Guest Rooms

Guest Rooms Discussion about your own guest rooms, other players guest rooms and the official rooms.

Old Free Rooms

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered+

UmmYeahOk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Free Rooms

Since VMK is closing there are a lot more people giving stuff away for free. For me, I find these charitable events annoying, and I cant even understand why a room owner can put up with the behavior that goes on. Im making a list of what a successful giveaway room should be (for owners and visitors)

Line: It needs to be long and straight allowing members to form lines rather than crowd around. If the line bends any, it makes it difficult for members to click and move up since they end up clicking on other members by accident. Result: sometimes cutting, but usually a lot of requests to move or boot.

Barriers: If aligned correctly, they keep people in line, prevents cutting, which is a huge mess when that occurs because neither person will back down and the owner doesnt pay attention and doesnt know who to boot. Barriers are also good to block access to the line in case you decide to leave. Its just rude to boot everyone in the room one by one, especially when theyve been waiting for an hour. Blocking people from getting into the line is what Santa does when he needs a break. The line gets shorter until finally theres no one left.

Rides: If you have one, I recommend it. This way your line can be curvy or straight, doesnt matter. Its an automatic queue, and if someones afk, they move up automatically. And no one can cut unless you get out of line. Which is why I still would recommend barriers in case someone accidentally clicks outside the ride.

Owners chair: Obviously the target for the line, but isolate it as well. If you should disconnect, its annoying having someone else in your chair. People assume they are giving stuff away and wait in line (where seeing an empty chair I would just leave) When you have to come back you have to threaten the boot if they dont get out, and if the line moved up, you have to get everyone to back up.

Path: If you get disconnected be sure you can get back to you chair by moving one barrier, NOT by moving the line. I acnt tell you how annoying this is because no one ever stays in the same order, and everyone accuses everyone of cutting. Even when the owners claim to move and theyll remember the order, they never do. If you never reclaim your spot, and do everything the owner says, youll be at the end of the line for hours... ..because they always seem to get disconnected when your next... ...and NO ONE remembers it.

Closed: In addition to ending the line, add "closed" in your title and description. This prevents people from wasting their time... ...and yours.

Etiquette: This is for the visitors them self. Remember you are a guest in someones room. Be nice. Dont whine and fuss about being poor. The owner is not going to feel bad and give you rare. Especially when youre wearing expensive magic. Dont ask for rare. You are getting a gift, be thankful for what you receive. Dont ask about who the owner is or where they are, the "i" button tells, and a mouse over explains where they are or arent. If the owner isnt the one in the chair I dont even bother with the room.

If the room gives out random stuff (things not chosen/displayed) take whatever they are giving you even if you already have it. You can always trade it on something else at another time. Think about if you gave a friend a bday gift and they told you they already had one... ...what does that feel like? Now imagine if you friend asked something else from you instead.

Dont ask for random stuff not shown. Even if they do have it, if they admit it, someone else in the room may want it before you... ...besides again, be thankful for getting anything, as typically free rooms are difficult to operate. I actually used to think they were scam rooms just to get a large population.

Dont ask for free... ...youre in a line, the owner will get to you when they get to you. This is viewed as a virtual cut. Youre basically requesting to go before everyone else in line.

Lastly say "thank you." Make sure the owner knows you appreciate what they did for you. Then immediately leave the room so the line can move up and people waiting to get into the room can.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Thank you so much for posting this. It gets so annyoing when people whine, cut, and are rude to other plays in the room. Hopefully people listen to this.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
VMK'er Since Nov 05! =D
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Grooveygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmYeahOk View Post
Rides: If you have one, I recommend it. This way your line can be curvy or straight, doesnt matter. Its an automatic queue, and if someones afk, they move up automatically. And no one can cut unless you get out of line. Which is why I still would recommend barriers in case someone accidentally clicks outside the ride.
About this part, you can use Alice ride parts instead of Everest or Space cause you can't click out of the line if you're on Alice track.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I know u r reading this

LRGoalie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My suggestion is to have a teleporter with something in front of it. This way, if you do get disconnected, you dont have to enter from the front gate. You just enter from your teleporter ( the other end is obviously in another room).
Old 04-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRGoalie View Post
My suggestion is to have a teleporter with something in front of it. This way, if you do get disconnected, you dont have to enter from the front gate. You just enter from your teleporter ( the other end is obviously in another room).
Good idea. Mostly if you need that path I suggested to display more things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooveygrl View Post
About this part, you can use Alice ride parts instead of Everest or Space cause you can't click out of the line if you're on Alice track.
Didnt know that. Cool. Ok, better recommendation. I mostly just see water rides used
Old 04-23-2008, 05:38 AM
ImJustBeeNme
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pensive
bee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confetti
Besides putting 'closed' in the title, you can also change the room to 'myself only' so you can finish with the people who are there, but others can't come in.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
Good Idea. I'm giving my stuff away through a quest starting May 1 :p
Old 04-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee2u View Post
Besides putting 'closed' in the title, you can also change the room to 'myself only' so you can finish with the people who are there, but others can't come in.
I didnt list that option because Ive never used it... ...I just assumed if it worked, wouldnt people USE IT? I just see owners boot people one by one, even when I just entered.

But yes, thats probably the BEST thing that SHOULD be done.