Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old ♥♥More Signature Space?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:12 AM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
♥♥More Signature Space?

I understand that the reason the signature space is 500x200 is because of loading time, and I go on another VMK fansite. Their signature space is 500x250, and they load at the same rate we do. So I was just curious as to weather or nawt there's any possibility of getting more signature space.

Thanks!

♥♥Riah
Old 02-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabMariah View Post
I understand that the reason the signature space is 500x200 is because of loading time, and I go on another VMK fansite. Their signature space is 500x250, and they load at the same rate we do. So I was just curious as to weather or nawt there's any possibility of getting more signature space.

Thanks!

♥♥Riah
We've had it 500x200 for over 4 years. After adding several additional images to posts, increasing the sig size would decrease load times more than you would actually think. Though that drastically depends on your connection speed, CPU, ram, etc.

The way I see it, a lot of people are having problems keeping to the 500x200 size lately. So why should we encourage even larger sigs by increasing them?

Anyway, the 200 height is the important part to the sig limitations. It allows you to view more than a single post per screen on your monitor. If you increase that too much, you will only be able to see a single post at a time. Personally, I find that highly annoying as a person just reading the forums and as a mod trying to review a thread. We've had to increase our post headers a bit to include some new features and that's about as high as we'll allow them.

We do allow some leeway. I don't really care as much if the 500 width is over exceeded as long as it isn't too much. I keep a fairly large screen but some may not. Anyone running 800x600 screen resolution, who knows why at this point and time, but they would have a hard time viewing quite few things on the forums. Though the new standard is 1024x762 and fast becoming 1280x1024 or even large with all the new widescreen monitors. You still have to take the greater amount of users and satisfy them.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:23 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Just curious, how many lines can we have if we have just a signature of words, like mine? =)

(Riah, I like your idea a lot, too but I think it would take more time =))
Old 02-21-2009, 02:29 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 

FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoop View Post
Just curious, how many lines can we have if we have just a signature of words, like mine? =)

(Riah, I like your idea a lot, too but I think it would take more time =))
10 lines, and thanks.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:38 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Oh, okay, thanks, Riah! =) I was always being cautious... not sure of how much space I had with words =) Thanks so much =)
Old 02-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I think the signature sizes are very good. I keep mine extremely small, because I don't like scrolling and scrolling with all the "wasted"(sorry) space of signatures. I think they could be a distraction. My opinion.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
I would rather have a larger Avatar. 64x64px is too small. I would prefer 100x100px like many other forums have. If we can have a 500x200 signature, what would a 100x100px avatar hurt?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:42 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
64x64 is just the size it has to be animated, isn't it? I usually use a 100x100 avvie but it just resizes it.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:01 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I agree with Bat on this one. When I used to have a slow computer, before I got a laptop, the images would load very slowly. That's one of the reasons I like this forum.

Plus, I like being able to see 2 to 3 posts at a time and not just 1. Scrolling is annoying.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Scrolling isn't a big deal. Its not that hard to do.

and 64x64 is the maximum avatar size. It needs to go back to 100x100px like the old days of VMKF
Old 02-21-2009, 08:25 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Scrolling isn't a big deal.
It is when you have to use a track pad to do it. . .
Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 PM
gone with the wind.

My Mood: Annoyed
MissInformed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I would love it if we could have larger signatures and avatars. I've tried uploading a few avatars and they look kind of weird when they're small. x_x Same with signatures.

I have a track pad. I scroll easily.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:43 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm on a laptop too. I use the arrows on the side. Back on topic: I'd like a bigger avvie if at all anything. I'm good with signatures. You can go a little over can't you- for things like credit? If you're siggie is 500x200 can't you have a line of text saying, "Thanks ____!"
Old 02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava View Post
I'm on a laptop too. I use the arrows on the side. Back on topic: I'd like a bigger avvie if at all anything. I'm good with signatures. You can go a little over can't you- for things like credit? If you're siggie is 500x200 can't you have a line of text saying, "Thanks ____!"
Well then make the siggie smaller. If you have it 500x175, you can have one line of words, 500x150 you can have two lines, and so forth. [[Each line is 25 pixels long i assume?]]
Old 02-21-2009, 10:49 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friez View Post

Well then make the siggie smaller. If you have it 500x175, you can have one line of words, 500x150 you can have two lines, and so forth. [[Each line is 25 pixels long i assume?]]
20 pixels, actually(=