Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
This is gonna be AWESOME

Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'll be looking forward to it, it seems interesting.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Apprehensive
MidnightSky is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wo The Mad Hatter looks scary :O
I recognize the girl who plays Alice, but I can't think of what movie it is.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:52 AM
D. Brassard fan
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Super
CCparisgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It's amazing i hadn't heard about this yet!
I am a huge fan of anything that has to do with Tim Burton and Alice in Wonderland.. add Danny Elfman and you have a masterpiece..
I'm so pysched that their finally morphing TB and AIW into a movie!!
I'm also glad their choosing ( or might be choosing ) that actress from Australia.. she looks just like Alice in my opinion..
And if they do so happen to cast Johnny Depp, then it will be even better!
Think what you want to think-
but i think this will turn out to be an amazing movie.

Sunshine
Old 01-08-2009, 02:36 AM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSky View Post
Wo The Mad Hatter looks scary :O
I recognize the girl who plays Alice, but I can't think of what movie it is.
this is her first movie
Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Ah, forgive my lack of updates. There have been several more official casting announcements since my last post, including, but not limited to:

Anne Hathaway (Princess Diaries, The Devil Wears Prada) as the White Queen

Helena Bonham Carter (Fight Club, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd) as the Red Queen (No surprises there!)

Alan Rickman (Harry Potter films, Sweeney Todd) as the Caterpillar

Michael Sheen (Underworld films, Frost/Nixon) as the Cheshire Cat (who will reportedly be animated/CGI, so it appears he'll simply be lending his voice)

Crispin Glover (Back To The Future, Charlie's Angels) as the Knave of Hearts

Matt Lucas (Little Britain, Little Britain USA) as both Tweedledee and Tweedledum

Some exciting additions, I think!

Oh, and there's a little matter I forgot to mention...

Drumroll, please.

The rumors were true, and Johnny Depp will be playing the Mad Hatter.

In late November of last year, (roughly 2 or 3 weeks after filming was scheduled to start) this picture surfaced on the internet:

Some people think is a legitimate glimpse at Burton's re-visioned Hatter, while others believe it's a photoshopped fake. I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'll let you be the judge...

That's all for now!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundurga View Post
Well htis should be interesting.
Here's my rule of thumb on movies in general. If a movie does not get much hype on its preview, such as Swing Vote, they are usually better than a most movies who get loads of hype, AKA Wall-E. Thats excludes movies like I am Legend, the recent Will Smith movie where he is a superhero, Batman Begins, etc. They are your usual hype builders with impressive results.
Im pretty sure the movie that he stars in as a super hero is (I removed the name due to the filter). I Am Legend is different, but he stars in it too
P.S: Every movie Ann Hathaway stars in is great, so this'll probably be good

Last edited by Chululli; 01-09-2009 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Filtered.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Marty Mcfly Rulez :D
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Curious
Disney Master 500 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wait, hold up! They did not just change the Mad Hatter's hat! Oh they are SO going down! >_<

~Disney
Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 PM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: VMK
autoalice is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
I am one of those purists you mention. I've never really liked the Disney "Alice". I don't feel the story falls in with the Disney princess theme. It's not a story that makes for a cute movie.

My hope is that The Walrus and The Carpenter are in Burton's film. Love their story!
My biggest reason for loving the Disney version is it was the first version I ever was exposed to as a really young child. I then went looking for the original story after that, which later turned to looking for all the biographies and such later in life still. It doesn't fit with the princess theme at all, I agree. But it does mean that you get merchandise here and there of interest because of it. The Walrus and the Carpenter is most definitely a wonderful story! It would be nice to see it included.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
UHHHHH. WOWEE!!!!! I think that this movie is going to be scary,,,, At least make him with white hair...That is kinda freaky,,,And i know freaky,

Credit goes to Friez! Iloveit Thanks!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Not to be rude, but I am SOOO not looking forword to this. It seems like a big insult to the Diseny version for some reason, though idk why. My school is doing Disney's Alice in Wonderland for our school play, and this makes it so much darker. I wonder what my part in the play is gonna look like. I'm the Dodo Bird

Old 01-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
No OOOfense Tim BurTON! But the Mad Hatter looks like he is really Mad A.K.A PSYCHO! NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit goes to Friez! Iloveit Thanks!

Last edited by TopazR; 01-16-2009 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: inappropriate
Old 01-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Registered+

leggomyeggo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Eh, seems good. Never read the book myself; only saw the Disney movie version. Like many others, I'm hoping The Carpenter and the Walrus IS included..

Can someone PLEASE give me a summary of the book? Why are there two Queens? I thought it was the Queen of Hearts and that was it.

To the library!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 

My Mood: VMK
autoalice is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
Eh, seems good. Never read the book myself; only saw the Disney movie version. Like many others, I'm hoping The Carpenter and the Walrus IS included..

Can someone PLEASE give me a summary of the book? Why are there two Queens? I thought it was the Queen of Hearts and that was it.

To the library!!!
Oh my goodness! There just isn't a way to give a summary of the books that can do it justice. First off, there are 2 books-Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Disney took elements of both and smooshed them together to make one movie, the Cheshire Cat who first appears in the first book sings the first couple stanzas of The Jabberwocky which doesn't appear until the second book and is a much longer, detailed story for instance. This is a common thing to do. There have been some versions that make both books separate, I prefer those when given the choice. I think you could put it at the reading level of the Spiderwick Chronicles, the Lemony Snicket books and Harry Potter books (all of which I've read) if you were to look for modern day comparisons. To talk about the plot and answer questions such as why are there 2 queens..well...honestly...I don't think you can pin down why anything happens in the book. It just does and it's silly but you accept it because it all fits and seems perfectly natural to be happening in Wonderland.
The long of the short is, if you have never read the books I highly recommend it. While I love the Disney version, it has a lot of flaws when compared to the books. Alice in Wonderland is one of the most referenced cultural book so it's a great thing to add to your knowledge.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
Why are there two Queens? I thought it was the Queen of Hearts and that was it.
Well, in the books, the two Queens represent opposing Queens on a chessboard. There's a lot more about chess in the books, whereas the Disney version focuses solely on the playing card theme. Simply put, the White Queen = good, while the Red Queen = bad. The Queen of Hearts in the Disney version is a take on the Red Queen. The books are still some of my all-time favorites and I also highly recommend them -- especially since it appears the new movie will be more true to the original works. Still no official word on the Jabberwocky, but if I know Tim Burton...

By the way, has anyone read any of the Alice-in-Wonderland-inspired series of books by Frank Beddor? I've only read the first, entitled "The Looking Glass Wars", so far. I didn't think it was amazing, but enjoyable enough and definitely put an interesting spin on the story. I'd recommend it to any major Alice fans out there.