Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old I don't get it.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Can I be a "Registered-"?
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zimonada is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoop View Post
Putting you down? No. Only facing reality...
I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over to you on every topic related to VMK's closing. We all realize that VMK is gone. It is closed. That's what your "reality" is right? Point is, WE GET IT. There's no need for you to keep reminding us of it. Would you like it if your best friend got hit by a car and died, so everyday when you're feeling happy we tell you "Well, your best friend is dead. That's the "reality" of it."

There's a BIG difference between facing reality, facing reality and choosing to disregard it, and facing reality but choosing to continue on towards your goals dispite however bleak the "reality" may be. We are allowed to do whatever we want in regards to mailing Disney or whatnot. If you don't support it (which you've made clear you don't) then that's good for you. You don't have to help in mailing Disney or whatever. That doesn't mean you have to fight us every step of the way, especially if it doesn't affect you whatsoever.

Sorry for sounding rude; after reading over it it seems a bit harsh. I can't think of any different way to explain this to you though without using something I've mentioned before.

On another note: LordIllidan, I truly think you are one of the best speakers on these forums. You get your point across really nicely. Agreed 100%.

- Zimonada

All credit goes to Ammie!

Last edited by Zimonada; 06-14-2008 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: Spelling of LordIllidan's name. >_<
Old 06-14-2008, 01:40 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
I kind of have to because some people aren't just admitting it...
None of us need you to be the appointed repeater of your phrase -

Quote:
What I mean by facing reality is:
VMK is closed.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:46 AM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Okeee....I get it @_@
Just even staff have said:
There's nothing you can do to save VMK!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Okeee....I get it @_@
I point you to the large, bolded text in the first post of this thread

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Okeee....I get it @_@
It's like a broken record. This is constantly the tone of your reply and it accomplishes what?
You must not see the replies to the many same posts you portray here.
Staff had nothing to do with whether the game would stay or not. They were just employees. We never cared about their thoughts on success only their ability to keep employment.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Registered+

MeiMei is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over to you on every topic related to VMK's closing. We all realize that VMK is gone. It is closed. That's what your "reality" is right? Point is, WE GET IT. There's no need for you to keep reminding us of it. Would you like it if your best friend got hit by a car and died, so everyday when you're feeling happy we tell you "Well, your best friend is dead. That's the "reality" of it."

There's a BIG difference between facing reality, facing reality and choosing to disregard it, and facing reality but choosing to continue on towards your goals dispite however bleak the "reality" may be. We are allowed to do whatever we want in regards to mailing Disney or whatnot. If you don't support it (which you've made clear you don't) then that's good for you. You don't have to help in mailing Disney or whatever. That doesn't mean you have to fight us every step of the way, especially if it doesn't affect you whatsoever.

Sorry for sounding rude; after reading over it it seems a bit harsh. I can't think of any different way to explain this to you though without using something I've mentioned before.

On another note: LordIllidan, I truly think you are one of the best speakers on these forums. You get your point across really nicely. Agreed 100%.

- Zimonada
Hehe funny yet very true. Let's say your best friend DID die. You tell someone "I'm really sad he/she died." Based on some of the comments, someone might respond "Get over it. He/She is dead. They're not coming back."

I also have a comment to the post that stated (something like this): I have to because aren't admitting it....

First of all, why do you care if we admit VMK is closed or not? Besides, we all know VMK is closed. But some of us appreciated it more than others. If you didn't as much as us, that's fine. But keep those comments to yourself. We're not hurting you.

-MeiMei
Long Live VMK!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:02 AM
hi

evina is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
Why, may I ask, are a fair amount of people here dedicated to putting us down? Why, may I ask, are a fair amount of here so negative?

We know that Saving VMK was a nigh impossible task from the beginning, and is even more so at this stage. Why, may I ask, do you feel you need to rub that in our faces, and try to make us feel so insignificant?

Some of us have even changed goals entirely: VMK may be gone, but we at least want to let Disney know that closing VMK had consequences, and is something they should avoid repeating in the future

We're choosing to try and change the world for the better. Many of us know the chances of winning are slim, but we're choosing to fight anyway. I don't think I need to pull the History card here, you've all heard it.

What, may I ask, do you hope to accomplish by trying to stop us?

If you think we're wasting our time, consider this: Those who are still fighting at this stage are the truly dedicated ones. It is YOU who's wasting your time trying to change our minds.

If you think we simply cannot make a difference, and that our voices cannot be heard, consider this: If you think Disney won't listen to us, why should we listen to you? Furthermore, I point you towards one of my favorite quotes, for your consideration: "If They stop you from speaking, they're killing freedom. If you just can't be bothered to speak, freedom will die just the same"-Neil Czerno

If you think we're only doing this to feed our own addiction, or that we should simply just go outside and get off the computer regardless of addiction, I direct you to a post I made on another fansite:

If you think we should simply just "Move on" and hope Disney's next games will be bigger and better, consider this: They closed VMK, even though there were many players still interested in the game. What's stopping them from doing the same to these new games?

If you think we can't do it, then fine. That's your own opinion. But why, may I ask, must you actively resist those that disagree with you, when they're trying to do something positive, and you're just putting them down?
I disagree 100%. None of it makes sense. Why would they close the other games? Why would they close VMK unless they had a good reason? Why are complaining about us rubbing it in your face when in other places I've seen you do it too.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by evina View Post
I disagree 100%. None of it makes sense. Why would they close the other games?
Same reason they closed VMK. Now, if only they told us what that reason was...

Quote:
Why would they close VMK unless they had a good reason?
Because with a fair amount of corporate big suits, their idea of a "Good reason" is horribly askew. Don't believe me? Go to your nearest movie rental store and watch this documentary called The Corporation. Some of them admit it themselves in there.

Quote:
Why are complaining about us rubbing it in your face when in other places I've seen you do it too.
That's a big claim you're making there, especially since you're not providing me with any evidence to back that claim up.

Show us a link where you think I'm doing it, and we'll work from there.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.