Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old A new VMK?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm Teselo on VMK!

Teselo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
A new VMK?

I was just thinking... that if someone was willing to spend the money for a sever, code flash, and make the graphics we could make a new VMK. It couldnt' be exactly like VMK (Disney has it copyrighted) but they could make it similarly... What are your opinions on this?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
well personally I think if anyone will try to make another game like VMK it won't last long I dont think The "other VMK" I think won't last very long.

Last edited by awsomered; 06-03-2008 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: complete sentances
Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
Punkpat says he has the money to do so.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:08 PM
misses VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

ACECpt.RICH is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I doubt Disney would allow anyone to reproduce another virtual Disney park without WDIG consent, or paying Disney to do so.

If the person who made this tried to get around it, their would be no magic within in the game knowing that Disney doesn't approve of it, or certain items and rooms can't be made due to copyrights and whatnot.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
VMK wouldn't be the same.
No Main Street. No Frontierland. No Tomorrowland. No Fantasyland. No New Orleans Square. No Adventureland.
ALL DISNEY THINGS.
If Disney didn't do it, none of the lands we knew and loved would be there.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:19 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Isn't there something similar to VMK, that uses the same coding engine, different graphics, and all that? I believe that it is called something like Habbo Hotel.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:20 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
And there has been talk about a new game like VMK coming out. I can't put in details; it would be against the site rules.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
It wouldn't have to be like Disney.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:45 AM

My Mood: Devious
Reokre is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If only it was a downloadable game, it would be possible to make a private server.

But it'd be illegal
Old 06-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Why get a new VMK? It will be hard work for people anyways. Why not let professionals do the work? and it will be illegal by just making a game without asking.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Goodbye Everybody :)

FrontierMarky is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I love VMK and all it's memories, I only had 2 bad experiences , 1 in game and 1 on these forums, aside from that I Miss It and there can never be another. Only Disney, and if they did what a celebration.

There are loads of other games out there that are not Disney, but still very fun and interactive, so friends old and new can participate in them.

Some new ones are also out , that are still getting there bugs fixed that I think will be great as long as people (myself included) give them a chance to work on them.

Howdy all, woot woot for VMK memories Keep smiling and enjoy Life!!! You only get one shot at that and it is as special as you make it
Old 06-07-2008, 04:28 AM
Registered+

Tagmann is spinning in a Cursed Storm
what is the point?and if you made your own vmk it would be illegal just like astro said so no hope not use you would get arrested O_O sorry for making this sound sad
Old 06-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Trader

cedog12 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i know a game that it will be just like that
Old 06-10-2008, 01:13 AM
osmello

osmello is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAcer View Post
Isn't there something similar to VMK, that uses the same coding engine, different graphics, and all that? I believe that it is called something like Habbo Hotel.
That is just the problem. Did you know that Sulake produced Habbo hotel and VMK?
Did you also know that Sulake was the one who actually produced the Vmk game based on thier already in use Habbo program as a partnership with the Disney company as a promotion based on an idea by Yavin? And did you also know that this partnership was ended because Sulake wanted Disney to pay more for the program? I do not blame Disney for the closing of VMK based on the research I have done. It is quite interesting that Disney did not own the format of the program and that is why they could not continue to run. I do not let my children on the site, it is not monitored well. So they did not gain users, but lost all the VMK crowd instead.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Cheese Owns
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

toontoony is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAcer View Post
Bad game. Bad people. Bad Languge. Costs a fortune just to buy coins! Habbo Hotel= X