Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old New Found Info!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friez View Post
All I'm thinking is:

What part of and does not make sense? (Originally posted by ozzietropics)
Because it's not 2009 yet silly.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
Oh gosh, wouldn't that be great, to see your character and friends again?

Clickie
Thank you SoccerRyan and Pisces for being my math tutors!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Wants to find more magic.

tryingtogetbackintovmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As wonderful as that sounds, I don't believe it for one second. Disney would have released information about it somewhere before THIS guy did. As wonderful as it is to hear my character wasn't deleted, this probably is a rumor. Somebody told me that yavn said VMK was closing FOR GOOD.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this story has NO truth in it, at all. Sure, I myself have not gotten over my character being deleted, but to me, it doesn't make sense to close a game and then open it back up four or five months later. Sounds a little odd to me.

~ TTGBIV
Old 08-08-2008, 04:37 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiMei View Post
Maybe Sulake made that.....? They did create VMK...
They hosted the engines and gave us moderators. And Disney closed VMK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabMariah View Post
OK, This is just a rumor..

But can you forgive me for be hopeful?

I found this on another VMK Fansite....

While Virtual Magical Kingdom was managed by two companies, One had quit the game (Sulake), Due to the lack of profit.
While Disney believed that charging for such games would not be right, The other company believed otherwise.
Disney, Who owned most of the rights to VMK, Did not delete the game data base, Or any character information.
Disney has searched for another company to partner with, Due to the need of continuesly working members, One has been found, Upon which believes in fairness.
Virtual Magical Kingdom will return in the next few months, Hopefully by September or October of 2008, Or the New Year of 2009 if planning does not proceed in a timely fashion.
All characers/information will be returned to the state upon which they where the day Vmk shut down.
I'm not 100% sure as to wear this information came from, but it does sound extremely believable.

Sulake quitting...

Disney didn't delete the data base...

I really wanna believe it's true, but who knows anymore?

I'm staying hopeful that VMK will still reopen though!

THIS RUMOR IS FALSE

Disney closed VMK...that is a fact. It has already been proven that VMK would not be open by Disney any time soon. Disney denied VMK re-opening.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Ozzie... how do you know Disney didn't change their minds and decided to work on re-opening VMK?
Old 08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicWithin View Post
Ozzie... how do you know Disney didn't change their minds and decided to work on re-opening VMK?
I don't. I'm speaking what I know from various other websites, consolidating them and posting them here so that people aren't misled by the latest "rumors", that aren't true. If you're offended by what I post, don't read my posts.
~~ot

Last edited by TooHip; 08-08-2008 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: reply to deleted post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Because it's not 2009 yet silly.
But all these rumors say VMK will open in October 08 silly.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 

TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Not all of them Friez, there's one for 2009, there's one for 2010
Old 08-08-2008, 05:28 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
But this rumor is for 08... and beginning of 09... But that's not my point. This is my point:

The signs say VMK 05-08 right? -Right!- That means the game (VMK) was only supposed to run 05-08. Otherwise it would say:

VMK: 2005-2008 and 2008-(insert year here)

And wouldn't the re-opening news be on the homepage first??
Old 08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

True Friez, I see your point. And that last question is the million-dollar question
Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Finally someone sees my point! And as for that million-dollar question, that's why I'm not believing any rumors.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Don't forget the announcement at the NFFC convention that a virtual Disney parks game may open for Walt Disney World's 40th Anniversary. Perhaps this is the "VMK" that everyone is referring to.
~~ot
Old 08-08-2008, 05:38 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Ah yes, but when is this 40th anniversary? And isn't it not supposed to be a MMOG? (Massive Multi-player Online Game)
Old 08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
I'd like to remind everyone to be civil in this, and all other, discussion about this topic. It is still a very heated and sensitive issue - and there are many people who have differing opinions about it. Please respect everyone's opinion and discuss them rationally - discuss the idea and not the people behind the idea.

That said - please remember that there are lots of rumors around, and lots of people claiming to know things when they do not. Repeating rumors, unfortunately, does not make them come true.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Once we ignore and forget about vmk it shall return. It's the law of irony. Once you feel completly safe, you know your in danger. Same as if you ever win anything be prepared to lose it. It's the law of irony.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...