Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old VMK is Closing... Your Final Thoughts/VMK Story

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
VMK is Closing... Your Final Thoughts/VMK Story

A bit early to jump on this thread idea, but I felt that some of us have feelings that need to be expressed.

I started playing VMK back in late July of 2005. Since then, I've been addicted. I've grown, matured, and made great friends along the way. Now that I know for sure that VMK's gates are closing for the last time, I'm not as upset as I would have been a year ago. Why? VMK has been a part of me, mostly because the Disney parks inspired my thinking since an early age. This was a way to express myself through constructive criticism in a real world fashion. I've learned from this, and I am currently working on excelling off of this knowledge, leaving little time for this "training" stage of life.

VMK has been great, but it's time for it to leave without me leaving it. Bon voyage, VMK, it's been great.

What are your feelings on the closure of VMK? What's your VMK story from the time you joined? How have you grown?

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
omg i am so mad and sad i just wasted the last year and a half of my life i love vmk OMG my friends what about them! and there is no reason to quit i cant believe this is happening omg do u think its the hate mail we sent disney ? omg i cant believe this is hapening omg
AND plz PLZ tell me VMKF will stay open PLEASE!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
I'm happy that I have my best friends emails. Some of my bff's are on here. The day before vmk closes I'm giving all my stuff away to poor so they can see what it is like to have rare. Or to anyone that wants it.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Started back in March 2006 thinking VMK was never gonna close but now the day has comed without me getting a stitch hat or anything in my dream. All i wanted was a stitch hat! Never going to get it though
The one and only!

My Mood: brb
Skyrio is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah, I joined just this summer, and it's been the best! VMK has also taught me lots of things, like you said. I made tons of great friends, and played lots of awesome pirate battles. To tell you guys the truth, I am very sad and a little mad about it closing, but it's not like life is ending. It's just a virtual game and I'm happy that I can walk away on May 21st knowing that I had a great time. Thanks to VMK for the memories, friends, and knowledge I gained from a little website.
Go Giants! 11-2
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Woot
Cools is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am personally very sad.. I have been playing since basically it opened..
I have been made fun of for it, and much more.. Soo I went through years of torture for it to just end like this..

I mean, this is the reason why I look the way I do.. too much computer and stuff..

Maybe I can look the way I did before vmk now..

But this is very depressing..

It just doesn't seem like something they would do!? What is the point of a 10-year ban if they are just going to close vmk?

Who cares if it is just a promotion!? They can't just keep it open? Make it like toontown, or club penguin?

This is very sad. I will miss everyone

~€00L$
Old 04-08-2008, 01:26 AM
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

AlexKZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I joined right after I moved to a new state in May 2006. I created the account of May 26th, 2006, and became hooked on it because I love Disney. I remember when I first started, I didn't know how to do anything, but people helped me, and I was able to complete the Hidden Mickey Quest II before I went to WDW a month later. I was so excited about getting things at the parks. IN August 2006, I joined VMKF, and met many people. In November of 06, I was so excited about the Space Mountain Comp, because it was my first one ever. 2007 was awesome because i grew more with friends, and marked off being on VMK for 1 year. 2007 ending on a high note, when I won the Gingerbread Competition, and I felt like I shouldn't have deserved it. 2008, I started to go less on VMK because of computer issues, but did get on every few days to a week. I was hoping to get to 2 years on VMK, but that won't ever happen. I've made many friends, and they know who they are. Good luck to them after VMK closes.

Adios, and Farewell!

- AlexKZ (May 26, 2006 - May 21, 2008)
Old 04-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Registered+

kjazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Unhappy Life after VMK?

I am devastated. I play with my family on this site. We have so much fun. All of our rooms we have fixed up. All the time we have put into getting all the fun things. Is there any way to keep it going?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 AM
oooh. wowiieee
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Expert Relocator Participants Award Arcade Winner Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Baffled
Mintypal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am mad/sad about vmk closing - i started early august 2006 and gained many friends however by june 2007 i got unaddicted however, ever since now i was growing to love vmk and now its all ruined. however i am glad i shared all my memories with vmk
Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 AM
OHEMJAY.

KrazyDopey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am kind of confused at this closure.

I will miss VMK so much, all my friends and everything, I hope I can still keep in touch with most of them even after VMK closes. I don't understand why they are going to have events, prizes, etc. if it is just going to close, and we can't even use any of it.

I wish we could play VMK and still be able to log on, and not just have it close for good. But that probably won't work without staff. This is just really saddening and kind of perplexing.

It is just such amazing and weird news to have given to you, it's hard to decide your emotion on what to think. Part of me will miss it greatly, part of me is angry it is closing, part is sad that it is, and part is relieved that I can move on from it.

Ah well, nothing I can do now..
Old 04-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pixieish
princesstinkgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am also confused. I have been on VMK for about a year and just started on this site last week. I look forward to seeing my VMK friends everyday. And I just finally got some of the items I have wanted for a long time! AAHH.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
This is just sad.
I've joined vmk since March 2006, and I've met really good friends on it... knowing them 2 years this summer. I'm just glad I got their AIM screen names before this happened...

This practically ends our vmk circle.

:l

I'm going to juice out the most I can get in these last few weeks of vmk...
Old 04-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Bird - The one and only.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

TheBird is as Frosty as a Snowman
I joined VMK in January 2006. I was a "lowbie" some might call it. I had no items, no friends, and from observing it in my first few minutes, I took in that taken and "bay.be" were the cool thing to do. As I worked my way up, I met a player who was kind to me and who introduced me to her friends. I soon learned that many despised the taken and "bay.be" players because they brought inappropriate things to VMK. I began to gain rare items, as well as rare friends that I will never forget. Soon, I realized that these people, the ones who were honest and played VMK as it was designed were where my heart truly lied. Ever since I joined, I have enjoyed many rooms, many trades, many friends, many events, and many unique things you can only find in a game like VMK. To VMK, thanks for the times, but no thanks for taking away the many more I may I have gotten should you have chosen to leave VMK open.

A VMK player forever,
Birdsfoil, Falcon-Titan.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:46 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
of course, we had our ups and downs on vmk. Somebody making fun of you after a game of potc, people asking you what u got after you have gotten something on the treasure detector magic, or just plain old having fun with your friends. We all knew it was going to come to an end but when Yavn said it was a new beginning, who knows those games aren't going to end too? But lets all just stop thinking about these last few days and enjoy the life of vmk that it has know...

This is hard for everybody, hard for me, hard for you, but as these last days are going by, think about how much fun you had and all the experiences.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Hola, I'm Safari!

SafariLyssaOnVMK is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Awww...I started in 2005 when VMK first started, a month or so after beta..At first I was addictated and I am not now, but still that is sad. I don't see why they are closing it.