Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Official American Idol 2009 Discussion Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabTab View Post
Yup, Kris Allen DID deserve it (Adam did too) but what I'm saying is the voting WASN'T fair and just because it was "confirmed" doesn't mean it's fair. What AT&T was doing wasn't fair at all and they should of did it for Adam too not just Kris. Favoring, much?
If it was confirmed it does make it fair. American Idol looked into it to make sure that despite what companies did or did not do that Kris would have won anyway. They have several computers to make sure there is no mass voting going on. To say that AT&T affected the results is a quite a leap.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
No, it doesn't make it fair. All of the Adam fans know it's not fair. Look at all the articles about the American Idol winner, all the people in the comments said Adam should of won. DO YOU honestly think it's fair for AT&T to alter the votes by doing what they did (powertexting)? Without AT&T's extra help, Kris wouldn't of won. A LOT of people aren't going to watch next season of Idol because of what happened and I'm going to be one of them. Also . . . I don't remember who said "Adam is still in the competition because of his looks", but wow that's so wrong. He was in it because of his fabulous voice. Looks and anything else (you know what I mean about Adam) shouldn't matter in the competition. Now, can we stop discussing this please because Kris won and it's over so I really think it would be appropriate to close this now.

Quote:
Poor Kris just doesn't have the voice nor the stage presence to even compare to Adam. Then again, on the bright side, Adam won't be tied up in strings by "Idol" doing their bidding for the next year or more - he will be snapped up and be producing far more records than little Kris could ever dream of in his wildest dreams

Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Adam pwns.
Kris is a n00b.
And AT&T (even though I have them) lets people mass vote.
Simple as that.
ALSO.
I know for a fact people mass voted because my sister's friends wanted Kris and voted 11 times because she KNEW Adam would win if she voted only once.
Heck, a senator in congress voted 1,000 times for Kris!
It was fixed.
Plus, did you even HEAR his "Victory" song?
It was HORRIBLE.
He was off pitch and it sounded plain bad.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
No, it doesn't make it fair. All of the Adam fans know it's not fair. Look at all the articles about the American Idol winner, all the people in the comments said Adam should of won. DO YOU honestly think it's fair for AT&T to alter the votes by doing what they did (powertexting)? Without AT&T's extra help, Kris wouldn't of won. A LOT of people aren't going to watch next season of Idol because of what happened and I'm going to be one of them. Also . . . I don't remember who said "Adam is still in the competition because of his looks", but wow that's so wrong. He was in it because of his fabulous voice. Looks and anything else (you know what I mean about Adam) shouldn't matter in the competition. Now, can we stop discussing this please because Kris won and it's over so I really think it would be appropriate to close this now.

I would consider myself a huge Adam fan and I believe the results were fair. Notice I used the word "believe." I use that word because American Idol is a reality show, meaning many factors of it are rigged to get better ratings. I don't have an inside scoop to see how the votes were cast, so I can't make an accurate judgement on the validity of the results. The only thing that I can do is believe that the results were fair. To me, you're stating your opinions as facts, as if nothing can overturn what you're saying. How do you know that even if what you call "AT&T's extra help" really did occur, which you have no way of proving it did occur, that Kris would not have won? I assume you don't have an inside scoop on the competition, so I don't think you can accurately make those claims.

You're really not going to watch next season because you think the results were rigged? I would need a lot more factual evidence of such an occurrence before I stopped watching a show that I enjoyed.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:

I am a fan of Adam. They were both wonderful artists and deserved to win.

What AT&T did wouldn't affect the results because American Idol has machines to make sure no mass voting is going on. Adam even said he didn't care about the AT&T scandal and people are just trying to be dramatic. If he doesn't care why should you?

As for Adam being it because of his fabulous voice, and his looks having nothing to do with it, didn't you say that Adam should win because of his look, personality, and voice?

Quote:
Sorry xoop, but I think Adam is going to win. I didn't get to watch last night because I fell asleep :[ but my mom told me that Adam blew Kris off the stage and Adam is different. Kris is someone you would see in a grocery store or something. He's just too normal. Adam has like that American Idol look, personality, and voice. I believe that he is going to be the winner tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
Adam pwns.
Kris is a n00b.
And AT&T (even though I have them) lets people mass vote.
Simple as that.
ALSO.
I know for a fact people mass voted because my sister's friends wanted Kris and voted 11 times because she KNEW Adam would win if she voted only once.
Heck, a senator in congress voted 1,000 times for Kris!
It was fixed.
Plus, did you even HEAR his "Victory" song?
It was HORRIBLE.
He was off pitch and it sounded plain bad.
If someone mass votes it will not be counted because of the machines they have.

This is why I didn’t want Kris to win. Although he deserved to win he is going to get all this grief because Adam didn’t win. It is the entire Taylor Hicks and Chris Daughtry fiasco all over again.