Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old People will do anything for money...A pirate argument

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowegoof
but if disney did steal this idea, then you'd think disney would give credit for that mathew dude. and if he did copyright this idea, shouldn't there be a date when he did it? also, since disney is such a big company, they wouldn't give out a bad impression that they steal peoples ideas. if they did, disney might lose buisness and become bankrupt. (my opinion)
Again, if you read the thread, you will see there are examples of Disney trying to steal ideas and money. It's a company, sometimes run by people who want more than their fair share. It happens all the time, around the world, in every kind of business. Disney is no different. Just because it's "Disney" does not make it perfect.

And because it's such a big company, they don't care what kind of impression they give out on something like who came up with the idea for a movie. As long as people still buy it - and they will - it does not matter to Disney what "impression" this gives.

And judging by the number of "Disney can do nothing wrong" posts I see here, they have every reason not to care what impression it gives. The people who run it know they can do a lot of wrong things, and there will still be enough people who think "Disney is wonderful and would never do that" to fill their pockets with money.

That's just the reality of it. Like it or not, that's just how it is in "Hollywood."
Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Dazed and

theguitarkid is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I use to think my toys came to lifedoesnt mean im going to sue disney
Old 08-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Princess Korlia

tina_als_girl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktourist
If the contention is that characters and storyline were taken from his SNPM work rather than the his POTC story, the motives would seem suspicious at least. Both of the SNPM Copyrights are from 2005 with a created date of 1993. The problem with it is that they seem to be unpublished works, and were not copyrighted until last year. It is difficult to validate that the story was from the earlier date without some form of coroboration other than a dated title page.

If the contention is that the Characters and story were from the earlier work, then he at least has publication date to verify it's existence prior to the movie. It would be fairly easy to compare his script to that of the movie. Since Disney is not rushing to settle this out of court I suspect that they are fairly comfortable with their position. The Copyright date of 2003 is within the timeframe that the conceptual phase of the project would have been well underway. Which again, would seem a bit suspicious to me. It was no secret that Disney was working on the project well before the movie was made.
That doesn't work, though, because he filed his "POC" stuff in December of 2003, after CotBP had come and gone in the theaters, made its big money, AND been released on DVD.

What makes me think he's just coming up with lies is the way he attacks Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio in his official complaints. If there's anyone he should be aiming at it's Wolpert and Beattie, who were the original writers and who already had the names of the characters and ships in the script before Ted and Terry took over.

Obviously Mathew has it out for Ted and Terry for some reason, because he wouldn't be aiming at them if he'd done his homework.

Joy

Dr. Gregory House: There is no "I" in team... But there is a "me", if you jumble it up.