Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Disney

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Guardian-Figment

Chirpin ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Disney

What does Disney mean. Poeple are wanting more Disney rides but what is a Disney Ride.

I was wondering
What does disney mean to you
Old 08-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered+

jac1992 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
To me, Disney means magical and family experiences. It's a place where whoever you are, you enjoy the experience
Old 08-03-2006, 11:11 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
To me, Disney is all about storytelling. From animated shorts and movies, which told stories in a new way when they came out, to the theme parks, which brought you into the story, to online games which are a whole new way to tell stories. Along the way was TV, a new medium to bring stories to homes and families, and merchandise which let you become part of the stories as much as the parks. Many aspects, but all of it storytelling.

A Disney Ride is a ride that tells a story. Most do, since this is what Walt tried to do from the beginning. Some of the stories are very obvious - retellings of the stories from their movies. Some are less so - stories like Small World don't have the same kind of linear narration that we think most stories have. Others don't have as much "plot", but still deeply bring you into a story, even if you don't realize it when you've started - like the Matterhorn. Modern rides still have this storytelling concept - consider that there is a whole story woven into the Buzz Lightyear attractions.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:12 PM
&that was the end ;

KRAZYboutDISNEY is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1992
To me, Disney means magical and family experiences. It's a place where whoever you are, you enjoy the experience
i agree with jac1992
Old 08-03-2006, 11:20 PM
WDWCP Hopeful

My Mood: Lurking
levity is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Something that children, Teens, and Adults all like and enjoy just as much as the other.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:40 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken littleman1992
What does disney mean to you
Well, a ney is an Arabian flute, and dis- means to undo or remove something (as in disassemble or disarm), so I guess what "disney" means to me is... um... to take away somebody's flute?

Unless, of course, you want to edit your post and capitalize the "d."