Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old More Important Things?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:24 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
More Important Things?

Did you guys realize something? There are more important things to do than mope around because VMK is closed. Don't you have more important things to do? Go outside! Get exercise! READ A BOOK! Hang out with friends! And why are we hating on Disney anyway? Sure, this forum lost a lot of members, but we can't blame Disney for that! If people leave, that's their choice, not the Disney Company's fault! You know what? I'm bored. But that boredom gave me more of an opportunity to hang out with my friends, play basketball outside, finish my homework. So quit complaining and writing letters. Take a deep breath, put on some shoes, and go get some fresh air.

I don't mean to be sounding rude, but all of that above is true. If you don't agree, that's okay. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friez View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Did you guys realize something? There are more important things to do than mope around because VMK is closed. Don't you have more important things to do?
Yes, and a fair amount of us have learned how to do those "more important things" while still letting Disney know how we feel. Which, I might add, is a bit more complex than just "moping around because VMK is closed"

Quote:
Go outside! Get exercise! READ A BOOK! Hang out with friends!
I do and much more, and yet I'm still able to be a fairly active member of the... ah... resistance, if you will.

Quote:
And why are we hating on Disney anyway?
We, who's "we"? I haven't seen anyone actually hating on Disney in a long time (Hating on Yavn, sadly, is a different story.)

Quote:
Sure, this forum lost a lot of members, but we can't blame Disney for that! If people leave, that's their choice, not the Disney Company's fault!
I would make a comment about how it's not Disney's fault that some "addicts" didn't have their priorities straight when the game was open, either, but that's off topic.

Quote:
You know what? I'm bored. But that boredom gave me more of an opportunity to hang out with my friends, play basketball outside, finish my homework. So quit complaining and writing letters.
I'm not sure how you went from "I'm bored" to "Stop using your voice for what you believe in."

Quote:
Take a deep breath, put on some shoes, and go get some fresh air.
Not now, it's 7:30 PM, and dinner's almost ready. Tomorrow, maybe.

Quote:
I don't mean to be sounding rude, but all of that above is true. If you don't agree, that's okay. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I'm not sure how to respond to this. You stated the OPINION that we should "stop writing letters" as fact, which is bad. On the other hand, you did make it clear that you're not arrogant enough to try to shoot people down if they disagree, which is good.

Meh, it sounds as if you had good intentions, so I'll let you slide In the future, though, I'd suggest only claiming that cold, hard facts are true.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:47 PM
AKA Sandy
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

sandollargirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well i agree with you about the true blue die hard adddicts of VMK (AKA my brother) to get out in the real world but im still going to hate disney in some way shape or form because i feel like I've been completely lied to by the disney company and VMK was only one time Disney lied to their fans and me. (i'd tell you the story but it's a long one )
Old 06-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
Nickpf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think most of us have moved on. I have a different friend over every day and read for 2 hours every day. And take a walk around my neiborhood EVERY DAY. And finally most people dont hate disney.

Thanks Friez for the awesome sig and buttons of doom!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:02 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Did you guys realize something? There are more important things to do than mope around because VMK is closed. Don't you have more important things to do?
Actually, I do But I've been doing these things during VMK's being open time, too.

Quote:
Go outside! Get exercise! READ A BOOK! Hang out with friends!
Check, check, check and check

Quote:
And why are we hating on Disney anyway? Sure, this forum lost a lot of members, but we can't blame Disney for that! If people leave, that's their choice, not the Disney Company's fault!
I'm not sure I've seen anyone have this opinion about it being Disney's fault. I hear this: "Since VMK is closed, we don't have much to talk about." and that is reasonable.

Quote:
You know what? I'm bored. But that boredom gave me more of an opportunity to hang out with my friends, play basketball outside, finish my homework. So quit complaining and writing letters. Take a deep breath, put on some shoes, and go get some fresh air.
That's awesome
But for some people, it wasn't like: "VMK took my real life away."
For some people, they had a good balance of real life and a virtual world.

Quote:
Well, it may be correct for some.
And yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Confused. </3
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Lonely
Pjgirl4ever is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Amen..
LOL i agree 100% with you!
why can't everyone just move on?
vmk's gone. get over it.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:43 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
READ A BOOK! Hang out with friends!
I am reading more books and hanging out with friends more now.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:48 AM
(- hEarT bReAkEr
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

pirategirl202 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Guys dont blame disney for closing vmk.
they made vmk from the start and anyways all good things have to come to an end sometime.
maybe you should be happy that it closed when it did because then you could not have seen life without vmk.
yes vmk was a great game and all but really why blame the people who started it.
now people have started to get a taste of the real world!
hanging out with friends,getting grades up,reading,spending more time with family.
see all these things add up once you have started your own life and not living with your parents anymore.( im still a kid though Lol )
Just remember, yes vmk gave you a look at their version of what should have been ' the real world' but, vmk also distracted some people ( not most ) about what was happening in their " real " life not their " virtual life ".
love yea peoples!
always caring and sharing##
pirategirl202
Old 06-24-2008, 01:57 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirategirl202 View Post
Guys dont blame disney for closing vmk.
they made vmk from the start and anyways all good things have to come to an end sometime.
I'd like to add, however, that more specifically, the group that made VMK (Yavn and his dev team) were more likely than not NOT the group of Disney employees who closed it (Disney executives)

Quote:
maybe you should be happy that it closed when it did because then you could not have seen life without vmk.
Unless we've already seen life without VMK, and were able to balance both real life and VMK just fine. Then we have all the right in the world to be upset.

Quote:
yes vmk was a great game and all but really why blame the people who started it.
We're not (Well, I'm not.). See my first point once more.
Quote:
now people have started to get a taste of the real world!
While others have started to get a taste of the real world without their main source of inspiration and escape.
Quote:
hanging out with friends,getting grades up,reading,spending more time with family.
see all these things add up once you have started your own life and not living with your parents anymore.( im still a kid though Lol )
Yep. Not seeing what this has to do with VMK, though
Quote:
Just remember, yes vmk gave you a look at their version of what should have been ' the real world' but, vmk also distracted some people ( not most ) about what was happening in their " real " life not their " virtual life ".
"Not most" being the key phrase here, in my opinion.

Now, before I leave this post while still in what I like to call "Trent Reznor Mode," though, I will say that I really appreciate how you went through that post in a very respectful manner Others with those same opinions could learn a thing or two from you.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:00 AM
(- hEarT bReAkEr
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

Lol tankz
@.@ yaya vmk lOL
Old 06-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
My Mood: Aggressive
Misuzu is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I agree...
With no VMK I have a chance to get out side more and hang out with friends
ever since i joined vmk i never was able to do that because i was on vmk so... much
Old 06-24-2008, 03:04 AM
(- hEarT bReAkEr
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

Lol.
my parents said i was addicted to it!
im craving vmk right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
My Mood: Aggressive
Misuzu is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirategirl202 View Post
Lol.
my parents said i was addicted to it!
im craving vmk right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol my parents said the same thing they told me to get some fresh air and im like
" Be Quiet Im Playing A Game Here!!!!! "
Old 06-24-2008, 03:08 AM
(- hEarT bReAkEr
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

Lol.
i know.
my parents were doing some things to our house ( some how they cant stop cleaning it and fixing it ) and they said " get your butt over here and clean up the dog poop",and i said" no way vmk is better then cleaning up dog dropings!"
Old 06-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Can I be a "Registered-"?
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zimonada is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Let me point this out loud and clear:

MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO PLAYED VMK HAD THEIR PRIORITIES IN ORDER.

Basically, MOST of us knew about hanging with friends, reading, working, homework, etc. We had these "lives" as you all like to call it. We did do other things than play VMK you know.

On that note, I agree that people shouldn't be moping around. However, if you're calling being on these forums "moping around", then might I ask why you're here? Many of us stay on these forums for various, non-VMK related reasons. Personally, I stick around for those same intelligent conversations you call "moping around". And IMHO, I think the threads we're seeing recently have become much more intelligent and well thought out.

And let me ask you this: Were you not upset at ANY point during closing that VMK was closing? Because if you aren't bothered by it, why would you play something you don't care about?

Finally, I have one more thing to point out. People move on when they're ready to move on. You can't force anything. Let everyone take the time they need to get over it; it's great that you're ready to move on but someone else might not be at that point.

All credit goes to Ammie!

Last edited by Jezzi; 06-24-2008 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: non-g