Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other Disney/Pixar Games > Other Disney/Pixar Games Archive

Old Wall•E MMORPG?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:20 AM
.:{ ♥ Understanding ♥ }:.

My Mood: Disney
PrincessKairi12 has disabled reputation
Lightbulb Wall•E MMORPG?

I was thinking, since Disney has grown fond of the online world into developing more online games.. wouldn't it be neat to have a Wall•E MMORPG? Considering the popularity the movie has gained, (I go everywhere and hear something about Wall•E) it'd be neat to have that as an online game. We could design our own robots, their purpose, colors, sounds, etc.. sort of how they have designing a bot on the main Wall•E website. Also, we could choose to help around on Earth or on the Axiom, travel between the two or even explore space? I think that'd be great.

[♥] Beautiful Tragedy [♥]
Old 07-11-2008, 05:27 AM
Alice In Wonderland Rocks

My Mood: Bored
strikemaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If this ever happens, I will be the first to sign up. This idea is AWESOME!!! Definitely send it to the WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)! I'm sure they'd be into this idea! I personally love the idea!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikemaster View Post
If this ever happens, I will be the first to sign up. This idea is AWESOME!!! Definitely send it to the WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)! I'm sure they'd be into this idea! I personally love the idea!
Really? lol thank you! I didn't consider actually sending the idea in, but maybe I should o.o..

Old 07-11-2008, 05:40 AM

You really should! It's a great idea! You might not get credit from Disney, but all of us here would know you had the idea.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikemaster View Post
You really should! It's a great idea! You might not get credit from Disney, but all of us here would know you had the idea.
Hmm, true, lol. I think about it, thanks ^^!

Old 07-11-2008, 05:54 AM

No problem. It is a great idea!
Old 07-13-2008, 04:20 AM

Thanks again, bump!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:10 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Send it in!! Come on, I would SO join!! As for the purpose.. Some people might not be able to make up their mind, we should all just be like Wall○E! Clean up the Earth! We would all have our own room!! LOL! SEND IT IN!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:53 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
i would play and my bot would be fantasybot
Old 07-13-2008, 07:01 PM

Thanks guys =] lol I'm sure the idea has been considered, I'll send it in when I find the time.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:03 PM
(- hEarT bReAkEr
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Lonely
pirategirl202 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i think it would be a great idea ^.^
very creative
Old 07-13-2008, 07:54 PM

Super Megaquack ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
A Wall.E MMORG? Don't get me wrong, Wally was unsurprisingly brilliant as Pixar churned out another genre-defying movie, but still, isn't that a bit much? I find that 90% of the time things like this are much better when their original. Look at Pirates of the Carribean online. All these extra things that Disney does based on movies just ruins them. Stretching them for sequal after sequal and tv series after tv series ruins the wonder movie or origins that they came from. While there are certainly exceptions (such as the Shrek movie series), I would hate to see another great movie or idea go down this path once again. Plus, Pixar from previous interviews appears to have this stand-point in terms of sequals and t.v. series and tries to stop Disney (who squeezes as much money out of anything as they can. They once sued a nursery for selling mickey-mouse wallpaper to its kids) from using their movies like this. They've only given in once with Madagascar and the sequal preview did not look so good. I pray that they don't do it with a movie that was so beautiful as Wall-E.
Unfourtnetly, the other problem is that Disney appears to not take ideas from their fans because of fear of copyright problems and being sued. However knowing disney the thought might enter their minds although it is fortunanetly unlikely to be passed and accepted there and virtually impossible to get Pixar on board and to surrender the rights.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Capn is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It would be a awesome idea, but that would be pretty hard to pull off. I mean, there are so many characters, settings, ect., it would take years to make.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:41 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Well ya know what! You wouldn't send it in so I did! I wrote a letter, and mom just has to put it in the mail box! I sent it into an Imagineer!! Tony Baxter. I gave you full credit though!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Megaquack View Post
A Wall.E MMORG? Don't get me wrong, Wally was unsurprisingly brilliant as Pixar churned out another genre-defying movie, but still, isn't that a bit much? I find that 90% of the time things like this are much better when their original. Look at Pirates of the Carribean online. All these extra things that Disney does based on movies just ruins them. Stretching them for sequal after sequal and tv series after tv series ruins the wonder movie or origins that they came from. While there are certainly exceptions (such as the Shrek movie series), I would hate to see another great movie or idea go down this path once again. Plus, Pixar from previous interviews appears to have this stand-point in terms of sequals and t.v. series and tries to stop Disney (who squeezes as much money out of anything as they can. They once sued a nursery for selling mickey-mouse wallpaper to its kids) from using their movies like this. They've only given in once with Madagascar and the sequal preview did not look so good. I pray that they don't do it with a movie that was so beautiful as Wall-E.
Unfourtnetly, the other problem is that Disney appears to not take ideas from their fans because of fear of copyright problems and being sued. However knowing disney the thought might enter their minds although it is fortunanetly unlikely to be passed and accepted there and virtually impossible to get Pixar on board and to surrender the rights.
I understand where you're coming from, but who knows? They're making some Cars online game... hopefully they won't ruin that. I certainly do understand your point on Disney being kinda greedy =] you should view my other thread doubting if Walt would be happy with today's progress and the way the Disney company seems to be greedy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn View Post
It would be a awesome idea, but that would be pretty hard to pull off. I mean, there are so many characters, settings, ect., it would take years to make.
True, then again many games take years to make overall. The game doesn't have to go into such detail, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava View Post
Well ya know what! You wouldn't send it in so I did! I wrote a letter, and mom just has to put it in the mail box! I sent it into an Imagineer!! Tony Baxter. I gave you full credit though!
Oh? Well, I was going to get around to it, but thanks then