Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Secret Builders starts today

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Still miss VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Happy
Noelle is floating through Inner Space
Secret Builders starts today

http://www.secretbuilders.com/

Quote:

Secret Builders is announcing today the launch of an educational world targeted at kids aged 5 to 14. Secret Builders features a lot of the staples of kids worlds, exploration, quests, games, virtual homes and pets to maintain, and social interaction. What it describes as its main differentiator is an emphasis on education.

Games and quests feature educational content and NPCs of famous historical figures are scattered throughout the world, where, according to the site, children might meet Shakespeare while he hosts his own birthday party or Einstein to talk about his theories. The site also emphasizes more traditional creative input, like writing essays, contributing artwork, or posting videos (all checked by human moderators) for various contests.

According to VentureBeat, the world was founded by Umair Khan January 2007 and is developed by a team of seven in the U.S. with 14 programmers in Bulgaria. After its test period and word of mouth spread, Secret Builders has 5,000 members from 27 countries.

Currently the entire world is free to play, but will eventually incorporate premium subscriptions and virtual goods for sale. Khan is open to advertising, but sensitive to bringing in brands, and is currently working with Art in Action, The Monterey Bay Aquarium, WildPlanet Toy Company and StoneSoup Magazine.

Secret Builders has raised $2.4 million in two rounds of angel funding, including Scott Hassan, a founding team member at Google, Carlos Cashman, founder and CEO of CourseAdvisors, and Ken Morse, a professor at the MIT Sloan School and co-founder of 3Com and Aspen technologies. Khan isn't currently looking for any more funding.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:54 AM
RPG
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award 
Total Awards: 1

mogwog is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I checked the game out when it was still in closed beta, It does have fun quests and games .it is worth checking out.
Another game which is in open beta and is just as fun but little has been said about is
"Pandanda" which you play as a bear .you can fish, treasure hunt and the house and furniture is more interactive than secret builders.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Still miss VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award 

Has anyone else tried this?? It's a lot of fun. There's lots to do.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:18 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
I tried it. Kinda boring...
Old 12-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Still miss VMK
Awards Showcase

In my search to find a game to replace VMK, this one at least has a lot to do. I could never get into VFK. I don't like the avatars and the game as a whole just doesn't appeal to me. Whenever I go on Elf Island, it seems like I am the only one there and it is really boring. Secret Builders at least has games that I like and can play.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:06 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
mmkay. your opinion.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:17 AM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
I'm creating an account now...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Is it one of those thingys where you have to be +13?
Old 12-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Still miss VMK
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava View Post
Is it one of those thingys where you have to be +13?
No, more like 5 - 14. lol

Just an FYI, the folks at Secret Builders have made something just for us. If you log in, you can see it in Treasure Island and under shopping (furniture).

Last edited by Noelle; 12-11-2008 at 01:54 AM..
Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I like this game, sorta. The lands seem a lot like VMK. And so does the clothing part of the pirate outfit reminds me of VMK. But why does it look like it was drawn with markers? And the npcs are smartly programmed but annoying.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:31 PM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
Cool |♥|CuteTαbithα just fαbulously posted!|♥|

It looks like a cute game.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:18 AM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
some weird things on there o.o