Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old One More Disney Day

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Musical
totalpopstar is as Frosty as a Snowman
Post One More Disney Day

Dear fellow VMK lovers,

If there has ever been a day that I truly believe we can tug on Disney's heart strings, it's going to be February 29th, 2012.

Disney has a new slogan for the parks being opened for 24 hours on February 29th, 2012, or leap day this year. If there's ever been a day that I think Disney might reconsider opening its Virtual Magic Kingdom, it'd be that day. I don't have the necessary requirements to start a movement like this, but I've giving this idea to whoever wants to pursue it. It's never too late to follow your dreams; and if there's one day I believe we have more chance than any other, it'd be this day.

I'm not going to start a petition, or write a letter to Disney, yadayada, but if anyone does, I'll support whatever movement 100%.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/one-more-disney-day/
Let us create a dream from the best of the emotions.

Let's runaway, and dream it all up again.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I really admire your enthusiasm for having VMK reopened, and don't take this offensively, because I'm only curious to know.....where's the connection between leap day and VMK?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

There really isn't one. The fact of the matter is that Disney's offering "One More Disney Day". And I would assume that any real, true VMK lover would want that one more day.
It doesn't have anything to do with leap day. It has to do with the fact that so many of us would give anything to have "One More Day"

Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Hmm....that's an interesting perspective. I suppose a relative reason like that would catch their eyes a few seconds longer than, "Plz open VMK I miss it so much ):::::::::"
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My point exactly. I might post this on another fan site as well. Even if it was just for one day, I'd die to play in the kingdom again.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Awards Showcase

Wait, do you mean, like, bringing VMK back for just one day?

*Looks through posts*

Well, don't I feel foolish. That's what you were saying the whole time. I'm sorry, I lack common sense, you see.

I don't see Disney getting into that. I mean, by the time they would get staff organized, get everything back up and running, etc. etc.....it'd probably cost quite a bit. And I don't see them doing all that work for just one day of play.

Plus, it would seem more like they were teasing us than actually treating us. "Hey, you're getting VMK back!" "LOL, Just Kidding, suckers, we're taking it back now, kaythanksbye." It'd add fuel to a fire that they're trying to keep smothered.

Maybe we should change it to One More Disney Decade. Yeah, I could get into that.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

I completely understand. I want anyone to take it any way they please. I just see it as a very big opportunity.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
For something like this to be successful you need a lot of people behind it. You need to get people to e-mail Disney all the time.

For it to be successful you need supporters. Give people idea's and they follow the lead.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpopstar View Post
I completely understand. I want anyone to take it any way they please. I just see it as a very big opportunity.
Ah, I see what you mean.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
phillitup is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Sorry, I think it's a bad idea. Maybe if vmk was still open, it would be open for 24 hours like disneyland and disney world on leap day.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
If you really want to go through with it we could set up a petition website, if you are interested in this please pm me.