Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Updates/Changes

Site Updates/Changes Information from the admins about changes to VMKF's site and content.

Old User Info Changes

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Exclamation User Info Changes

1. Added the following new profile fields:
    • My Badges
    • My Favorite VMK Activity
    • My Favorite VMK Land
    • My Favorite Public Area
    • My Favorite VMK Shop
    • My Favorite VMK Mini-Game
    • My Favorite NPC
    • My Favorite VMK Guest Room
    • My Favorite Magic Pin
    • My Favorite Pin
    • My Favorite VMK Hat
    • My Favorite Costume
    • My Favorite Furniture
    • My Favorite Poster
    • My VMK Rooms
  2. Added a "Location" field that is a drop down menu of pre-set locations. Location field replaced on posts and user profiles.
  3. Age removed from mini statistics on user profiles.
  4. Homepage field completely removed.
  5. Removed various other fields which could give away too much user personal info.
  6. IMs removed from posts. Now only displays on user profiles since we can control who sees user profiles.
Many of these changes were done to increase security for our users personal information. Some were done due to constant violations found in these fields. Others such as some of the new fields were added just for something fun for our users. Yes, these changes will take some of the work load off our mods as well. Many would spend a lot of time reviewing user's profiles for violations and having to deal with those instead of reviewing posts as they should be mainly working on.

We fully understand while some of these changes may be popular that some others may not be. You do have the right to complain but these are the changes made and they won't be reversed at this point. We're very sorry if you are unhappy with these changes but we feel the benifits will out weigh hindering our user's creativity. This is something that the entire admin staff has been considering doing for some time now. If you are a member of our other sites, you will soon be seeing the same changes taking effect on them as well.

Yes, we will consider taking suggestions for the new drop down menu fields. More will probably be added as the game is developed as well. Keep in mind that we are looking for game or forum related topics to be added. All submissions will be considered by the admin staff and then decided on whether to be used or not.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Yay! Thanks!
XOXO,
Pink
Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Thankies!
I just updated mine. :]
Old 12-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Oooh. This looks fun. I updated my stuff, though nobody goes to my profile anyways.

No, I'm not really in Germany. I just love the country
Old 12-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Aww..now my location isn't land of the awesome anymore... People really need to start being mature and stop abusing everything. First the comments on the userpages, the rpg one pic, and this. Seriously, it's not that hard. Oh well..life goes on. Long live Land of the Awesome!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park
My Mood: Aggressive
Misuzu is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oooh.
These are really cool changes!
Thanx!!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:09 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure

Thank you.
I filled mine in already!

Old 12-13-2008, 01:26 AM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Aww..now my location isn't land of the awesome anymore... Oh well..life goes on. Long live Land of the Awesome!
I said we'd take suggestions to be added. "Land of the Awesome!" added to the location field.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:42 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure

Could you please add "In my fabulous guestroom!"?

Old 12-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
I said we'd take suggestions to be added. "Land of the Awesome!" added to the location field.
Sweet! Thanks, I wasn't really serious(about land of the awesome, peeps should follow the rules). You should know by now that 75% of my posts are pure sarcasm.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
You should know by now that 75% of my posts are pure sarcasm.
No way, you're not sarcastic at all.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:53 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The VMK changes are amazing. I find it funny that there are so many choices for furniture. It includes every gingerbread piece! rofl

Now everyone know my favorite vmk "things."
Old 12-13-2008, 03:59 AM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Thanks SO much!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 06:39 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Awesome! Thanks Bat!
Old 12-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Awkward
Astrogoldstar is as Frosty as a Snowman
Woohoo thanks! =D

~Astro
/_I_\
This Is Bunny. Bunny Like Cookies. Bunny also like
World domination. He Is Starting Small, With The
VMK Forums. Soon He will conquer! Copy Bunny to
your signature, for him to achieve VMK Forums domination.
~Astrogoldstar