Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles

News Articles This is the forum for all News Worthy information.

Old VMKF Moving Forward

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Administrator
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Bahahaha
Zilly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMKF Moving Forward

We're not going anywhere!

With the recent closure of Toontown Online, Pixie Hollow, and Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and any plans for reopening being off in the future, the administrators have had to make some difficult decisions. Do we change? To what? When? What will we be rated?

We'd like to announce that we know the answers to those questions now. Wednesday October 16th the ToontownCentral.com site will be taken offline. Don't panic! We will reopen Friday October 18th as MMOCentralForums.com. The current URL will continue to redirect for some time. We'll warn you before it stops. Additionally, MMOCentralForums.com will condense most of our current sites into one. All DisneysOnlineWorlds sites except PixieHollowForums.com will be archived.

MMOCentralForums? What will that do?
MMOCentralForums won't be built around a single game. We will be offering forums for a wide variety of games along with the off topic and creative areas our members enjoy. There will also be forums geared towards specific age groups, which we will explain more when the site reopens. A few other surprises are in store!
What happens to my account?
All current TTC accounts will remain active. You will log in with your username and password just like you do now. Your contact list will be there, all images, all posts, reputation... Nothing will change. If you are a member of another site it will be necessary to register on the current www.ToontownCentral.com. We will be transferring all subscriptions (and a few other account perks as well!) from each archived site to the new MMOCentralForums.com. PixieHollowForums.com members will not need to do anything unless you'd like to join the new site as well.
What will these new forums be rated?
After a lot of thought and debate we have elected to remain G-rated with a few changes. Think of it as G+. The family friendly nature of our site is an important part of who we are. We will be posting an updated version of our policies to illustrate these changes.
What do you mean "other sites will be archived."
The current site will be closed and a redirect will be created. Those posts will be read-only. All images will also be saved. It will be necessary to create a new account on the TTC site. Unfortunately that is unavoidable. However, we will still maintain a scaled down forum for those sites on MMOCentralForums.com. You will not lose a place to talk about a game you loved!

I'm part of a clan, what will happen to that?
The decision to stay open or close will be made by your current clan leaders. At this time we have no plans to close any clans.

Obviously, these are only the basics of our plans and what's in store. We have decided to make these changes so that we are more adaptable within the changing world of gaming. We are open to suggestions and ideas. We'll be different, but we hope you'll continue to call us home.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
So this website, VMKF, is closing on the 16th as well? We're basically relocating to Toontown Central, which is being renamed and repurposed?

And as a VMKF member, I will have to make a new account, losing my post count, reputation, awards, purple scrolly username, trivia scores, etc, and I will be back to the start as if I'm a new member?

I fully understand the reason for the changes, just looking to clarify on a bit. Personally I don't know if I'll be registering on Toontown Central, this may be it for me.

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding everything though.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Sad to see VMKF's fall.
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

VIP
aceastrofan ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I don't understand if this was posted on all of the forums for one consolidation, or just to alert all forum users to the new website for old TTO. If it is a merger, I get the change. Sad to potentially see VMKF go. Last of the original VMK forums around.
Thanks to everyone for almost 8 years of fun on VMKF. The arcade has gotten me through years of boredom, and posting on here during the run of VMK made me feel like having a separate, gaming family. It's been a blast, and while most of you won't see this, I say that it's been fun. Thanks for everything! aceastrofan out!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
And as a VMKF member, I will have to make a new account, losing my post count, reputation, awards, purple scrolly username, trivia scores, etc, and I will be back to the start as if I'm a new member?
yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceastrofan View Post
I don't understand if this was posted on all of the forums for one consolidation, or just to alert all forum users to the new website for old TTO. If it is a merger, I get the change. Sad to potentially see VMKF go. Last of the original VMK forums around.
both
Old 09-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Sad to see VMKF's fall.
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

VIP
aceastrofan ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
both
Ah. Sad to see it go. Thanks for the memories!
Thanks to everyone for almost 8 years of fun on VMKF. The arcade has gotten me through years of boredom, and posting on here during the run of VMK made me feel like having a separate, gaming family. It's been a blast, and while most of you won't see this, I say that it's been fun. Thanks for everything! aceastrofan out!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:16 AM
Future Wiki Editor :D
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Adventurous
eboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Couldn't enter this site the other day and thought it was closed already.
Good thing someone posted in the 'EKB Sighting' thread and an email was sent to me.
Just in time to say my final goodbye to this wonderful forum.
Had a lot of fun memories here :') Glad it is my first forum.
Thank you very much VMKForums for everything.

P.S.: Neoteny is still top poster? xD
~me~
Old 09-28-2013, 05:31 PM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Bye VMKForums!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Happy Trails!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Discord El-Ski #8349
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Disney
Zero0911 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Shame...I was hoping some old friends would come on here and see the PM's I left them (they seem to come on every once in a while) oh well, thanks for the heads up
Old 10-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Aww, well there goes my childhood...
C'ya on the other side...

Old 10-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered+

My Mood: VMK
Gamecrazy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
So will VMK wiki be shutting down?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Look over there --->
yumsse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh wow. This is heartbreaking. I've loved lurking these forums throughout the years. Even though I wasn't very active on here during VMK's run, I've enjoyed digging up the treasure troves of discussion on these forums. VMK Forums as it is now is like a museum; a sacred ground where I go to relive memories of a time past. I'm incredibly sad to see it go.

Hopefully someone will archive these forums. Perhaps I should read before posting... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecrazy View Post
So will VMK wiki be shutting down?
I'm also extremely interested in this. The wiki at disneyonlineworlds.com is superbly done and is probably the most complete archive of what VMK was and everything you could possibly want to know about it.

Last edited by yumsse; 10-07-2013 at 09:56 PM..
Old 10-08-2013, 03:14 AM
The Biggest Narutard Ever
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 10

Here Since Day 1
naruhina4894 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Well it was an honor to know you all. I know I wasn't on too much but this was an amazing community. I hope you all have great lives!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I'm sad to see the VMK Forums go. I made so many memories on here and it was a pleasure to get the opportunity to moderate on these forums. Will my Hall of Fame title transfer over if I create a new account on the new site?

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:05 AM
This is halloween.
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Procastinating
kittenofthenight is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, thanks for the memories VMKF I'll be sad to see all the old memories/threads I had go.