Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic All discussions that don't fit some where else

Old Our Angels (Pet Pictures)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:53 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Question...

So I was in Staples today and I saw two things:

-Paint Shop Pro [not sure which version]
-Photoshop 8

Which one should I get? My birthday is coming up soon and I wanna know which one I should get. I already have Photoshop 6, so is 8 much different? Thankssssss.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Here From Day 1
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Disney
zephr is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Photoshop is always better than Paint Shop Pro. There's no comparison really. I don't know how much different 6 is from 8, but my guess is that it's really not hugely different. I'd wait another few models down the road; maybe buy Photoshop 10 when it comes out and get something else for your birthday this year?

Fortuosity, that's me by-word.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:49 AM
the ground is falling.
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 

My Mood: Insomnious
GryfindorGal is floating through Inner Space
Do not get Paint Shop Pro. That was my first program and is good for starters, but there is honestly nothing you can do with it if you already have Photoshop. By buying that, you're downgrading.
I have Photoshop Elements 5.0. I have tried a lot of different Adobe photoshop products. I haven't found any that really are better than 5.0 (I don't really think the newer ones are much better, but hey, maybe I'm missing something).
The only product really worth buying design-wise, IMO is Photoshop CS4 (or Illustrator)... but those cost $500+.

It's funny how the words we never say/can turn into the only thoughts we know
So if you hear this song on the radio/I've said it now and there's no turning back

myshop myuserpage myprofile
music: monday morning - death cab for cutie
Old 04-04-2010, 04:41 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephr View Post
Photoshop is always better than Paint Shop Pro. There's no comparison really. I don't know how much different 6 is from 8, but my guess is that it's really not hugely different. I'd wait another few models down the road; maybe buy Photoshop 10 when it comes out and get something else for your birthday this year?
Thanks for the suggestion. (: I was looking into an electric bass or maybe a new electric guitar that I could put on my list. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryfindorGal View Post
Do not get Paint Shop Pro. That was my first program and is good for starters, but there is honestly nothing you can do with it if you already have Photoshop. By buying that, you're downgrading.
I have Photoshop Elements 5.0. I have tried a lot of different Adobe photoshop products. I haven't found any that really are better than 5.0 (I don't really think the newer ones are much better, but hey, maybe I'm missing something).
The only product really worth buying design-wise, IMO is Photoshop CS4 (or Illustrator)... but those cost $500+.
K thanks. Is there any other decently-priced editing software that you suggest? Unless you said it and I overlooked it... D:
Old 04-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Here From Day 1
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Disney
zephr is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh! I thought you'd meant you had Photoshop CS8 but I guess that doesn't actually exist. I've had Photoshop Elements myself, versions 6 and 7 and there was basically no difference between 6 and 7 so I really doubt there's going to be any difference between 6 and 8.

So unless you're superserious about the whole graphics deal (in which case I would advise getting Photoshop CS3 or CS4), I would advise you to get an electric bass/guitar! Way more fun in the long run anyway, at least, that's how I figure.

Fortuosity, that's me by-word.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:52 PM
the ground is falling.
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 

My Mood: Insomnious
GryfindorGal is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friez View Post
K thanks. Is there any other decently-priced editing software that you suggest? Unless you said it and I overlooked it... D:
Wacom tablets are fun. The Bamboo pen tablet is $69, + it comes with a Corel painter (i think?). Or, The Bamboo pen/touch tablet is $99 and it comes with Photoshop Elements 7.0 and a color program. If you really want another photoshop, you're prob getting more for your money by buying a tablet! IDK, it kinda depends how much you think you would use a tablet, haha, I just noticed that might be cool since they have photoshop included with some of them. Hope I helped! (:

It's funny how the words we never say/can turn into the only thoughts we know
So if you hear this song on the radio/I've said it now and there's no turning back

myshop myuserpage myprofile
music: monday morning - death cab for cutie
Old 04-04-2010, 03:01 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
I actually have a tablet. (: Haha. But thanks, I'll look in to some of that stuffs.