Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Art Shops

Art Shops Whether you are looking for some art to be created or creating art for other people, this is the place for you.

Old Disney CCG (Card Game)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMKKwaiChangCaine View Post
Iconic cast members include people like Walt Disney or Julie Rehm the first Disney Ambassador. Cast members are just another way you can customize your deck for a variety of strategies.
Ooh, this sounds interesting. If it is not too late, and you are still planning on releasing it, I wouldn't mind being on the tester list. You had me at Julie Rehm. I actaully laughed, she is part of an inside joke between my sister and me. Anyway, this sounds fun and hope to see it all work out!

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 10-26-2010, 04:07 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Artistic
VMKKwaiChangCaine is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Of course you can be a part of it, as I post rules, example cards and gameplay scenarios I am hoping the community will be able to add input. Once enough of the material is in a workable state, starter decks will be provided via download for play testing. I look forward to posting more detailed information with the VMK community soon.

And of course all rights belong to Disney and the purpose of this is to polish a game that could be presented in a business document to Disney for publishing.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:40 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
We are getting close to having some templates ready for beta testing, but we would love to show off what we have been working on with some help from all of you. Post three ideas of things from the parks you would like to see in the card game. The top 3 ideas will be designed by the team and myself and be published onto the forums. This will not only give you a great idea of what the cards look like, but all give you some input in the game.

So like I said Top 3 ideas in the next 3 days. Each person can only vote once but tell you other VMK Forums friends to post and the designs will be up within 48 hours of the end of the voting period.

Looking forward to seeing what kinds of ideas people have. Remember it doesn't have to be an attraction, could be an event, resteraunt, item, person....

Have fun thinking of ideas and we will have fun designing them.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:03 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 

VIP
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Hmm.. lets see. I think I would like to see a Olde World Antiques shop card, a Discovery Island card, and a 20k Under the Sea Ride card, mainly because these are nostalgic pieces of the past, and because of the mystery behind one of them (Discovery Island, abandoned). 20k was often seen as one of the best rides Disney ever had, and Olde World Antiques a model for entertainment over money (although this made it great, it also most likely led to its demise).

Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 PM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Great ideas, I am glad someone has suggested Discovery Island, thats a name of a lost imagineering idea I haven't heard in a long time. I know there are more people viewing this thread, lets get some more suggestions guys and gals.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
I agree with Discovery Island.

I'd like to see Small World, and I'd also like the ride from the Norwegian country in Epcot. You know, the World Pavilion? I forget what it was called, I'll look at our park maps.

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 10-30-2010, 04:52 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
I think you are referring to Maelstrom at the Norwegian pavilion. Sounds like a good vote. I was actually surprised at how cool that ride was when I went to Epcot for the first time.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:35 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Only a couple responses, come on forums I know more of you are looking out there and reading. Lets try getting a couple more votes in.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Well.. Honestly I don't want them all to be old attractions :P

I would like, a Discovery Island card (because everyone else was saying it :P), Le cellier < - - spelling it wrong, amazing restaurant in Canada, didn't even feel like trying to spell it right. And... The TTA!

If that's possible, if not, I'll change my votes lol.

Thank you!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Farewell VMK&amp;amp;All Who Play
Awards Showcase

VIP
Though I do like all mine (sorry for them all being extinct attractions :P.) I deffinately agree with the TTA Peoplemover (love the change to that name, happy compromise). I also like Dreamfinder, as an idea for a person (sorry, extinct again!), although the rules are only 3, but just thought of another suggestion, so make with it what you will, if there are any other fans of Dreamfinder.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:32 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Since only a few individuals are contributing I will say to suggest anything you would like and we will do our best to design them. The ideas can come from any era of any park. However this line of help may stop soon depending on a message I received about copyright and trade marks and such. I will be discussion with what the point of this is with that party and will keep everyone informed of the progress.

Thank you all for your support so far.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:29 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMKKwaiChangCaine View Post
I think you are referring to Maelstrom at the Norwegian pavilion.
Yeah, that ride. It is fun, isn't it?

I think your problem with copyrights is coming from the fact that Disney does copyright a lot of their ride names. I'm assuming you've already talked to Disney on using their rides/attractions, if not, I'd try to do that.

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Yes I have talked and since its a business plan that will be presented with Disney that is not the officials issue, the issue seems to be the development of the idea with a community instead of a closed project being presented to Disney, so that they would be able to build their own marketing campaign if they choose to run with the idea. I will post information as I can.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:40 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I think we need a card for all of the mountains. Space, Splash, and Big Thunder. And Expedition Everest would be cool, too. Maybe there could be a Yeti on it, that'd be cute. :]
Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 AM
KwaiChangCaine

Born In Park VIP
Great more votes are wonderful. Still in takes with the representative to maintain the community spirit of the test phase of the game.