Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Cave Drawings

Cave Drawings Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars archive

Old Kingdom Keepers Movie Poster

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Kingdom Keepers Movie Poster

Um, yeah, I didn't know where to put this...so if it's in the wrong section, SORRY! :P

ANYWAY...I was bored so I started downloading some photoshop brushes...and I came across a set that just REMINDED me of the Kingdom Keepers...so I decided to do a poster. As it was late (around three a.m.?) I added an extra 0 in 2010...yeah, sorry about that, too..

C+C is appreciated, too!

ooh! The castle is edited like that because I wanted it to look a lot like the cover (did I succeed? Up to you!). Also, it should be noted that the castle has the Winter lights on..the original castle just wouldn't cooperate with the effect I also changed the original font (the one that's on the books) because it just didn't look right...the font used here is called Beyond Wonderland. I expect the second poster to be done in a few days, a week tops.

PS - I used Photoshop CS4

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Gone
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 12

Fairy has disabled reputation
Ooo! I like it Fee. xD The books awesome too.
I actually had to make one of these before for school.
rofl. Awesome Job :] I wish it was an actual movie and poster. Rofl
Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
That's incredible! You did a wonderful job on it. I can't wait to see the next one that you are working on.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:18 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
About looking like the book cover, you did the white effect perfect. But, it doesn't look like the cover because it's the view of the castle that's different. Overall, I LOVE the poster - it looks awesome!

(LOL at the 20010)

Last edited by GoodPolarGirl; 07-16-2009 at 01:48 AM..
Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 

the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Thank you all.

GPG --- yeah...that's what 3 a.m. does to you! LOL

ANYWAY, the second one got done much faster than I thought. Lemme explain... I originally wanted this one to be the castle up close, with maleficent's shape in front of it, while the green pixie dust flew around her (see poster), making her body give off a sort of green aura. I couldn't find any good Maleficent pictures (found one, but it was only the head! ), and I just can't picture a good maleficent to edit. So if anyone has a suggestion as to WHO I should edit into Maleficent, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Here's the second one - it was going to say 'Who said ALL fairies were good?' but I just thought it looked a bit...crowded.

PS - anyone know how to take the 'color waves' off? Every time I save a picture, they show :/

REAL QUICK!! This is a not-so-what-I-wanted-it-to-look-like-but-I-still-made-it poster.

Last edited by the_phoenix; 07-16-2009 at 02:43 AM..
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Fee, those are awesome! (:
Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 27

Matterz has disabled reputation
They're amazing boi, I absolutely love all of them(it definitely looks like you put a lot of effort into all of them).
nice font choice(it's one of my favorites), and brushes, they're very pretty and I love all of the colors.
all of posters are pretty and I'm not quite sure about the "color wave" problem you're having, they look fine how they are.
You SUCCESSED fee . ♥

Much love,
Matterz
Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterz View Post
They're amazing boi, I absolutely love all of them(it definitely looks like you put a lot of effort into all of them).
nice font choice(it's one of my favorites), and brushes, they're very pretty and I love all of the colors.
all of posters are pretty and I'm not quite sure about the "color wave" problem you're having, they look fine how they are.
You SUCCESSED fee . ♥

Much love,
Matterz
Thank you
the waves thing, I think, is due to the .gif? I'm not sure. I've been saving one as a .gif and JPEG copy...but the gift always looks better? LOL.

Not exactly what I wanted...but here it is

Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 PM
ʞɯʇɐɐɯɯǝ
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Golden Years Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
EmmaatMk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
these are really good! the castles look really awesome and they kinda look like the book cover too!

~EmmaatMK
Old 07-19-2009, 02:18 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Those posters are wicked cool!
...so, wait, is there gonna be
a Kingdom Keepers MOVIE now?!
-gasp-
Old 07-20-2009, 01:36 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue:. View Post
...so, wait, is there gonna be
a Kingdom Keepers MOVIE now?!
-gasp-
Well, Ridley Pearson said on his blog that Disney wants to make a movie, but that it'd take a bit of time. However, that doesn't guarantee that an actual movie will be made. I made these posters out of fun - glad you liked them

Old 07-20-2009, 09:29 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Incredible [: I actually have never read the books, but I hope to once I can get a hold of one!