Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old Just a Sappy, VMK Remembered Post

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:32 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Just a Sappy, VMK Remembered Post

I have this old computer that I don't use anymore and I'm giving it my friend and her family. Before I give it to them, however, I need to clear off everything that was on there originally. This computer hasn't been touched for around 9 months, and when I turn it on, just as expected, the first thing I see is VMK Pal. Suddenly, all of the memories flashed back.
I decided that I had to save all of my snapshots that I took in the game. There were so many of them that I had to skip over really a lot. I came to the discover though that a majority of the snapshots were of people that were a lot "richer" than I was so I took pictures of their lanyards where they had all of their 5-star magic pins. I saw that I was such a dork when I talked and I used all of this lingo that was apparently "cool" back then. I was somehow able to get a whole bunch of "rare" stuff and I really liked to show it off. I dressed really oddly and had a pink bob-cut for a while. I switched between that and long, blond hair quite often. I spent most of my time playing Pirates or in New Orleans Square. I loved to build rooms and play Cute or Boot. I can honestly say, I can't believe I spent so much of my time addicted to this online game.
But then again, I can. Those were some of the best times that I ever had. And I know that for a fact because of the intense amount of nostalgia I felt when looking through these pictures. I remember when my brother and I were in Disney during our VMK days and we bought so many of the collector pin boxes and we did so many in-park quests and we would always compare the game to the real thing, even though we were in the Orlando park and not the Anaheim one. It's been so many years since it's closed and part of me is glad that it did, because my grades would be suffering even worse than they are now. But I miss it. It's a really nice thing to look back on and just think about how much of an escape it was for me. VMK was a second home to a lot of us, and I know that it sounds cheesy to say that an online game was our second home, but did you just ever feel so relaxed when you logged on? Like it was such a satisfying, great feeling that's just so hard to describe.
So I just thought I would share my little reflection there. c:
Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
All of my old snapshots of vmk are on one of our old laptops as well. I believe my dad uses it for work now (or maybe it’s broken now?). It’s probably for the best that we don’t use it anymore. I remember after vmk closed that I would immediately try to go to the vmk page to see if it had somehow reopened and then I would look at screenshots or hang out on vmkf. It’s nice to have it tucked away so I don’t think about it. I came across the quest cards in my room the other day and I felt a wave of nostalgia as well. I still think that when I go to WDW, I will come across another vmk nerd. My grades raised a lot after vmks closure too. Vmk was a good way to unwind after a long day of studying, though.

Last edited by Jezzi; 06-22-2012 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: word filter
Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I wish i downloaded VMK Pal and snapped a lot of photos. I remembered i was always a dork and i had some great times on this virtual game. I was addicted man. I played vmk in the summer of 2006 to the closure. I never downloaded vmk pal and i think I think i should of bc i don't have any pictures on my computer
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
i know how you feel, dude, about vmk being like a 2nd home. it still kind of is to me, even though it's gone. just reading your post also gave me a wave of nostalgia, suddenly reminding me of how i used to spend my time on vmk.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 AM
D23 Member

computer_boy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was looking for something in my room the other day, and I ended up coming across all of my VMK stuff, even though I knew where it all was anyway. But going through all of it, I couldn't help but actually have a few tears coming out, and I had no idea I still missed it. For the past few years, I kept telling myself that it was best that it closed, and that it had ruined my life for making me so addicted and keeping me indoors. But after yesterday, I realized that without it, who knows what kind of person I would be today. VMK gave me so much, and I'm grateful I played when it was around. I just wish I had joined during Beta, instead of over a year later. /: