Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, there is also a forum at toontowncentral.com for the wiki for those who are interested. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old The wiki needs an edit (non-editor suggestions)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:58 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarland_Fanatic View Post
I (now that I can ) went ahead and added the cooler, campfire*, totems and topper to Accessories; added the radio to Music Producing Furniture under Music; and added the Peter Pan Poster under Accessories.

*I added the campfire here, because the fire is always burning, and clicking it only changed the appearance of the fire... Any disagreements? You can change it

- Sugar

Woohoo! Welcome to the team . I don't see anything to disagree upon, although, I'm almost as new to the team as you are. Keep checking up on the page history of things that you edited to see if anyone has changed anything. If they have, they will normally provide an explanation. And if you still don't understand, feel free to ask on their talk page I'll check over your work

EDIT: You did a great job! Although, I noticed that the Tiki Totem Topper was on top of Tiki Totem Yellow when listed. I switched them around for alphabetical reasons. I can see where you're going at, for when they were templates, that would be correct. Although, for Tiki Totem Yellow, the Yellow is not included in the name; Which would make it in front of Tiki Totem Topper.

Besides that minor detail, great job!

~Polar
Old 07-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: DowObsessed
Sugarland_Fanatic is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Woohoo! Welcome to the team . I don't see anything to disagree upon, although, I'm almost as new to the team as you are. Keep checking up on the page history of things that you edited to see if anyone has changed anything. If they have, they will normally provide an explanation. And if you still don't understand, feel free to ask on their talk page I'll check over your work

EDIT: You did a great job! Although, I noticed that the Tiki Totem Topper was on top of Tiki Totem Yellow when listed. I switched them around for alphabetical reasons. I can see where you're going at, for when they were templates, that would be correct. Although, for Tiki Totem Yellow, the Yellow is not included in the name; Which would make it in front of Tiki Totem Topper.

Besides that minor detail, great job!

~Polar
I did that because it was listed that way in the Tiki Theme Page - Plus I think The adjective "Yellow" is just as important as the adjective "Topper". Hehe! But no worries on that - It will probably go back and forth 100 times with no agreement LOL.

- Sugar
Old 07-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarland_Fanatic View Post
I did that because it was listed that way in the Tiki Theme Page - Plus I think The adjective "Yellow" is just as important as the adjective "Topper". Hehe! But no worries on that - It will probably go back and forth 100 times with no agreement LOL.

- Sugar
Hey, no going back and forth Anyways, just wanted to say that the word "Yellow" is part of the name. All VMK item pages are named after the In-Game name. If we have to denote a color because VMK has failed to (take many of the shirts for example) we put the color in parenthesesis. Either way, we take the color into account when alphabetizing. Unfortunately the VMK naming system has often provided us with funny results when alphabetizing. Take the fact that all the wreaths are scattered on the Posters or the fact that the pieces of the galleon pirate ship are not together as can be seen in the Furniture Checklist. It's just one of those things....

Anyways, for consistency with the rest of the wiki, changed the order of the Tiki Totem Topper and the Tiki Totem Yellow on the Accessories page.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Oh, thanks for letting me know

By the way Up, I have a response on the Holiday/Event/Theme discussion page waiting that could use a response

~Polar
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Multiple Errors in the Wiki

Many of the newer items (2008) are not listed in the wiki pages (Accessories, Lights, etc.). I only went through a small subsampling of the A's and found that most, if not all, of the Alice Ride 2008 accessories are missing from the pages. Chances are, many other 2008 items are also missing, although I did not have enough time to check (after all, there are at least 200 items in there, and there is no known automated way to check without a bot). The items I found were in the Alice theme page, though. I used the "What Links here" on the item pages and looked for inclusions. Please fix those errors so that the wiki's item listing will be complete (people don't always want to have to go through the Holiday/Event/Theme pages to find items that should be on other pages).

EDIT: This was my 256th post (256 is a very important number in many fields)!