Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Going to DLR

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:30 AM
My Monkey!

darthmickey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Going to DLR

Hi im going to disneyland next saturday any advice for the trip are there any quests?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Swimming CL_ in training

~Twilight.Crusader~ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My POV Info.

Hours of DL:
8-12am

DCA:
10-10PM

Definetly go to POTC, its really awesome. I recommend to go during the fireworks, immediately right after the fireworks, during parades, or right when it open, as lines can be *rather* long. One Time I waited about 30-45 min. The line will ocassionally go out the area and out through the New Orleans areas.

If you want to go to Space Mountain go right before closing: the line isn't more than 20 mins.
(I went at 10:58 and they just let me right though~ it was a 11PM closing night!)

Go on Thunder mountain/Matterhorn at night, they feel a lot faster and longer.

For DCA:
Go on Soarin' over California. Its awesome, and there is A/C and a Mister next to it.

If you are riding alone on California Screamin', get a single rider pass. Just ask the guy/girl near the entrance for one, (and you must show it to the cast members inside) and there is like a five minute wait, since you would be a filler for one empty seat.

Get a F.pass for Grizzly river Run. Unless you want to get wet at night.

Go to the Animation Academy to get the Animator's desk card. (They didn't give me one, so ask the cast members for one or something) Also, you get to draw a Disney Character! Sometimes you might not know what you're going to draw, and if that happens, they ask the audience on which character they drew, and until they find which character that no one has drawn, they will draw that on. Plus, there is A/C!

The Tower of Terror is awesome at night. And in the time the sun is setting, the line is usually 15 mins.

And of course, the basic get on rides during parades, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now to the quests,
Do all the main quests (Adv., Fantasy, Front, Tom.) to get complimentry fastpsses. to certain rides, and you must use it that day.

Known free Fastpasses from VMK Central:
Space Mt.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Roger Rabbit CarToon Spin
Splash Mt. (?)
Indiana Jones
Autopia
Thunder MT(?)

Im not sure about ones with (?). Though they do have F.pass system, I'm not sure they give them out to those rides. Ask the Cast member working at VMK Central.

Make Your Born in the park Character inside Innoventions. Its cool inside!

I also recommend doing HSM and 50th quest.

Last edited by ~Twilight.Crusader~; 07-25-2006 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: Information Palooza.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:31 AM
My TSMM Score: 280,600

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
General Disneyland Park Tips:
  • It will be very busy on Saturday, make sure you bring sunblock, a bottle of water, & sunglasses/hat/visor would be a plus. Its been unusually hotter (and more humid) this summer.
  • I suggest arriving within the gates by 8:45am (allow around 7-10 minutes to get to the park entrance via parking structure and tram ride).
  • Crowds are light for the first 1-2 hours. The crowds usually start picking up around 10am. The rides with the longest waits are Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure (I suggest fastpassing one of these then riding another and as your fastpass time comes up, fastpass one of these rides before returning). The first thing I do is always Space Mountain.
  • The fireworks is the "you must not miss" event of your visit. I created a thread that looks at various viewing spots for the fireworks
    http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72756
  • For Fantasmic, aim for the 10:30pm showing. There's more viewing areas available and you don't have to short change yourself on time and on the fireworks spectacular like the 9pm guests.
VMK related tips:
  1. Print out the Disneyland Park Tomorrowland Quest from the VMK website (.pdf file): http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/q...wlandQuestPage
  2. Print Out the 2006 Holiday Quest from the VMK website (requires going to both parks to find the answers):
    http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300...dayQuest06.pdf
  3. Print out the Disneyland Park 50th Quest from the VMK website (.pdf file):
    htp://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/en_US/quests/Multipark/DL_50TH_QuestFINAL.pdf (discontinued)
  4. Print out the Disneyland Park High School Musical Quest from the VMK website (.pdf file):
    http://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/..._DLR_Quest.pdf
  5. When you arrive at Disneyland Park, go to the VMK Central Booth located in front of Innoventions (the 2 story round building between Autopia & Redd Rockets Pizza Port) and grab the pamplets of the 2 quests (Adventureland-discontinued, Fantasyland, Frontierland).
  6. Discontinued New Pirate Quest is available. If not on display with the other 3 quests pamphlets, ask the cast member at the kiosk for the quest card.
  7. Have fun and Search around the park to find the answers, you'll notice interesting things. If you want something to check your answers look at this post:
    http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19613 (You must subscribe to the Secrets of VMK group to view this thread).
    I'd encourage you to spend a first day to enjoy yourself at the park and searching for the quest answers (most questions are pretty easy).
  8. Go to the Monsters Inc ride in Disney's CA Adventure Park and at the entrance, cast members will be giving out a special flyer for VMK with the code for a set of gold door teleporters. <discontinued>
  9. If you register a character into VMK inside Innoventions, that character will have the green "born in park" badge and other special prizes from clothing to furniture.
  10. Also bring in any printed .pdf coupons from scoring hi scores in some of the games in VMK or completing the hidden mickey quest in VMK.
  11. Complete all the quest correctly and you will receive a "prize pack" of reward cards (varies depending on the quantities of those cards they have). Plus, you will be able to receive fastpasses on a ride of your choice as an additional prize.
Also for a limited time, in Disney's California Adventure Park: Animation Academy has the Animator's Desk cards, just ask the cast member at the attraction entrance sign inside the Animation building lobby.

Besides the Quest Reward cards, there are 5 different reward cards you can get by purchasing merchandise at certain locations marked with VMK signs in the store.

Note: You have to ask the cast member at the register for them when you're making your purchase. And here's a tip: Shop the stores very early or when they are not crowded and busy (the evening is the worst time to shop in Disneyland, especially near closing time). A less-stressed cast member is likely going to be more generous in giving a few extra cards beyond the "1 card per purchase" if you purchase more than 1 item and you ask politely and be kind to them.
  • VMK Card: Magic Mirror Poster, DLR Location: Any Item Purchase in the Magic Shop (Main Street, East Side)
  • VMK Card: Happiest Celebration on Earth Pin, DLR Location: Buy a real pin in Little Green Store Command (Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters exit, Tomorrowland)
  • VMK Card: Golden Mickey Ears, DLR Locations: discontinued from the hat shops.
  • VMK Card: Mickey Mouse Club T-shirt, DLR Location: Buy a real T-shirt at Star Trader Shop (Star Tours exit)
  • VMK Card: Red Penny Press Chocolate Dispenser, DLR Location: Buy real candy at Pooh Corner (Critter Country)

Last edited by NaviMap; 12-17-2006 at 12:09 AM..