Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & VMK Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old Dell Inspiron 5150

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:06 PM
The Biggest Narutard Ever
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 10

Here Since Day 1
naruhina4894 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Dell Inspiron 5150

I got a Dell Inspiron 5150 about year and a half ago. (My grandma gave me it because she got a new one) A couple months after I got it, the keyboard broke. My dad paid for that because it was the first problem with it. About a month later, the harddrive broke, and I had to pay for half to get it fixed. It cost me $130. (I am still paying it back) Now a couple days ago, my computer is messed up again and will not turn on. Anyone know any problems with that computer or have any ideas for what I should do?
Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I'd contact Dell since most computers are under warranty and if theyre not its easier for them to figure out the problem and sometimes will fix it free of charge or try to get you a low fee.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 

Here Since Day 1
If it was under waranty, I don't think it is anymore. I think it is like a 10 year old computer.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:26 AM
Soccer 24/7
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award 
Total Awards: 15

VIP
AceGoalkeeper ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
If it's 10 years old, you might want to get a new one. I bet it's slow too, right? Unless your grandma barely saved things on it and didn't use it very often, it probably would be cheaper to just buy a new one. It seems like if it keeps having problems, it won't stop any time soon. I'm not anywhere near an expert, and I do see that you've put quite a bit of money into it already, but I bet it will only get worse.

- Ace

Click my signature to visit my userpage or click here.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1
thanks ace. I am going to when I can. I did some research and found out that it is one of the worst laptops they made.